Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Scratched Disc Problem - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/6506/t1099541-scratched-disc-problem/

Author:   papa81
Date:   Feb 18, 08 at 11:21pm (PST)
Subject:   Scratched Disc Problem
-------------------------------------------
i recently went to play GTA San Andreas for my PS2 and to my dismay its was all scratched to shit. it was in the case and it still manages to get scratched. it will do the intro videos and go to the loading screen but when it gets to the end it says error reading disc. i tried using a disc cleaner thing with the hand crank cleaner thing but that didn't work. any suggestions on how i can play it again. i know i can just buy another one but the one i have is one of the originals i bought the game when it first came out

If anyone has there own remedies on how to fix a moderately scratched disc it would be helpful,,,, thanks

Author:   Neon Llama
Date:   Feb 18, 08 at 11:32pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Scratched Disc Problem
Well they sell it on Ebay.

People say putting toothpaste on your game will clean it but I don't recommend that. xD

Author:   Captain Basche
Date:   Feb 19, 08 at 12:14am (PST)
I doubt toothpaste will help. xD
I haven't a clue to be honest,I had one of those hand-crank things too,they seem to make it even worse.

I've heard washing up liquid helps though.

Date:   Feb 19, 08 at 12:42am (PST)
2 things
well i know theres ebay but if i were to buy another one i would get it new so i wouldnt have to worry about scratches
and what do you mean washing up liquid helps though

Author:   Jake Rockwell
Date:   Feb 19, 08 at 11:37am (PST)
Washing CDs and DVDs with hot water, washing up liquid and a soft cloth sometimes helps a little bit. Obviously don't play the game until it's dry though

Date:   Feb 19, 08 at 8:09pm (PST)
well nothing seems to be working, but i guess i can buy another one. at Best Buy its 14.99 brand new but at least its the greatest hits version. and i have a gift card with 9 bucks left on it so 6-7 isnt bad

Author:   Zeek
Date:   Feb 20, 08 at 12:38am (PST)
You know, there are video stores than clean up the scratches for you.

Author:   alleypuppy
Date:   Feb 20, 08 at 1:53pm (PST)
quote papa81
well nothing seems to be working, but i guess i can buy another one. at Best Buy its 14.99 brand new but at least its the greatest hits version. and i have a gift card with 9 bucks left on it so 6-7 isnt bad
this has nothing 2 do with the thread but is the greatest hits version of a game different from 1 that isn't?

Date:   Feb 20, 08 at 5:49pm (PST)
i dont think so i think its just the GH version has different packaging. but the one that is different is the special edition with has gold on the front

Author:   gta 4 rocks
Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 3:44pm (PST)
i know nothing and tryed evrything

Author:   jj
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:41am (PST)
;(Plz help I have grand theft auto san andreas and I wanted to play it but it just shows eror reading disc plz help I really love this game I don't have enouth money to bay annother one no toothpaste and water does not help

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.