Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Enter The Lilywhites [Season One] - page 6

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1947542-enter-lilywhites-season-one/6.htm

Author:   Bluestillidie00
Date:   Dec 22, 13 at 4:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Enter The Lilywhites [Season One]
-------------------------------------------
quote Parmar1993
quote Bluestillidie00
quote Lewis Collins
I'm in a rut gaffer. I'm happy I scored, but I'm just not enjoying my footie.[i][/i]

Maybe it is time you spent some time on the bench or even left out completely. There are plenty of players who would love your spot in the team and I'm more than happy to let them fight for it.

You better buck up your ideas and get that desire back.
Sorry boss. Don't know what I was thinking. Just not thinking straight. I promise to push my self in training.

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Dec 22, 13 at 9:28pm (PST)
Parmar1993 I'm so confused haha. In the team news it says that I'm starting, but Da Luz is listed! And then in the 69th minute it says Da Luz is subbed out! I'm assuming that I should just substitute myself in for wherever Da Luz is.

Oh, and I've been involved in all of our big scoring games this season. And did a little math to see how more potent we are when I'm playing. Now this isn't to say I'm the cause of everything... in fact I think I only have 1 goal and maybe 1 assist, but here's what I've found.

Now not all of this has to do with my player, but I think it's obvious to see that when I play. We for some reason click better. At least based off on what Parmar1993 writes, and what happens on the field. For all I know I'm a *bleep*ing donkey, and this is all in my head!

Oh, and I really liked Adinio's Fehmi in that DMF spot. Sounds like he put in a Pirlo-esque performance against Blackpool!

I would love to see everyone else write up some data on how the team plays when they play btw. Maybe Adinio would like too considering how badass the both of us are?

Author:   Dion ks 11
Date:   Dec 22, 13 at 9:51pm (PST)
quote Trystan 'Try me' Lloyd
Its another great win. But I wonder how we're doing in the league. Parmar1993

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Dec 22, 13 at 9:58pm (PST)
quote Dion ks 11
quote Trystan 'Try me' Lloyd
Its another great win. But I wonder how we're doing in the league. Parmar1993

He said that we're top of the league m8.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Dec 22, 13 at 10:17pm (PST)
Lyonnais

'Fehmi's passing is so good, Andrea Pirlo shaved off his beard and gave it to Fehmi as a Christmas present'

Fehmi has been on the field for around 80% of all the games and has played the full 90 in the majority of these games #ENGINE

Fehmi has made more assists than any other midfielder in the team this season. #TEAMPLAYA

FEHMI'S pass accuracy is over 95%; the best in the league. #TEKKERS

Overall, Fehmi will win this league for you! #FOOTBALLSSANTACLAUS.

Author:   Master-Sacker
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 1:48am (PST)
quote Adinio
Lyonnais

'Fehmi's passing is so good, Andrea Pirlo shaved off his beard and gave it to Fehmi as a Christmas present'

Fehmi has been on the field for around 80% of all the games and has played the full 90 in the majority of these games #ENGINE

Fehmi has made more assists than any other midfielder in the team this season. #TEAMPLAYA

FEHMI'S pass accuracy is over 95%; the best in the league. #TEKKERS

Overall, Fehmi will win this league for you! #FOOTBALLSSANTACLAUS.
Only with griffiths finishing

Author:   Scyzee
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 3:00pm (PST)
I played for the first time this season. I really hope that I can be featured more, though.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 3:08pm (PST)

Zigic - Lovenkrands

Ambrose

Berisha Adeyemi

Spector

Robinson - Aleksandrov - Bartley - Eardley

Ekramy
Davenport

Keevil Curtis

Fehmi - Bates

Alighieri

Curbishley - Morris - Stuart - D. Page

Robertson

TEAM NEWS:
  • Zigic and Lovenkrands will cause problems for Bromley with Zigic's height and strength with Lovenkrands' movement.
  • Eardley captains the home side against the league leaders.
  • Stuart partners Morris to prevent Zigic's height being a problem, Stuart and Morris are two strong, quick and technically sound defenders.
  • Keevil plays ahead of Collins who isn't included in the match squad. Robertson captains Bromley.

MATCH REPORT:

KICK OFF: Birmingham are in their traditional blue and white shirts with white shorts and blue socks with Bromley being in their home strip of white shirts, black shorts and black socks.

4' - The ball played to Adeyemi by Robinson and Benjamin Keevil takes him out from behind. Yellow card for the young winger who looks excited to be out on the pitch today, he will have to keep it under control if he wants to stay on the pitch.

7' - GOAL! That was early. Bromley break forward with Curtis driving through the centre and the winger plays a world class through ball to Benjamin Keevil who breaks the offside trap and he takes a touch before hitting a swerving shot towards goal. It is straight at Ekramy but the keeper misjudged the flight and swerve on the ball. Decent shot on his weaker foot but the keeper should have at least parried the shot away.

13' - Davenport uses his skill to get past Bartley and then he is free in front of goal, his left foot shot is well wide of the near post, the tall striker should have done better with that chance.

21' - GOAL! Another goal for Bromley as Curtis plays it to Luke Davenport on the edge of the box. The forward nutmegs Aleksandrov on the turn and then takes a touch to get in the box before dispatching a vicious placed shot to the near post. Keeper had no chance on that shot and that was much better than his previous chance from near enough the same position eight minutes ago.

33' - Bromley break with Curtis putting Keevil through on the left and the winger puts a great return pass back to Curtis. Curtis' left foot shot to the far post from 20m is tipped round the post by Ekramy. These two are linking up very well together and Davenport's dummy runs are dragging the central defenders well out of position.

45' - Yet another great chance for Bromley as Davenport plays the ball wide to Curbishley and the full back puts a low ball back into him and Davenport has all the time in the world but miscues his shot. Should have done better on his left boot as his finishing has been quite mixed today, could have had a hattrick already.

HALF TIME: Birmingham City 0 - 2 Bromley - Bromley have once again dominated, they're better than Birmingham all over ans have pinned them back in their half for the vast majority of the game. There is very little chance that Bromley will let this lead go at this rate.

52' - Paul Curtis plays it inside to Davenport and he holds it up while Curtis makes an incisive run. When he gets the ball through to him, his powerful left foot shot is saved by Ekramy and goes out for a corner. Good play by Davenport there as he knew what was coming and executed the pass well. Birmingham look helpless at the back, almost like they are playing against 12 or 13 players.

60' - Zigic gets past Stuart and the defender tries to get back and tackle the giant forward but clips his heel running back and is booked for the foul. Poor decision from the ref there as there was little contact from the accidental collision.

66' - Bromley make two substitutions: Lloyd > Fehmi; Kamyuka > Bates as they look to secure the game.

67' - GOAL! That didn't take long, Benjamin Keevil swings in a corner and Kamyuka heads it to goal Aleksandrov blocks it on the 6 yard line but can't get it down to clear and Luke Davenport gets a foot in and then pokes it beyond Ekramy. Terrible defending from Aleksandrov there but great instinctive forward play from Davenport.

76' - Aleksandrov passes it straight to Davenport and the striker has time to drive forward and smash a shot towards goal from 23m, Ekramy tips it wide. Aleksandrov is having an absolute nightmare today, as is Bartley and Spector. Ekramy is keeping the game at 3-0 which is flattering to the home side and fans are leaving already while Lilywhite fans are singing their hearts out.

83' - Curbishley dispossesses Eardley on the left and puts a peach of a ball to the far post and the ball is cleared before Curtis can chest it down and Lloyd tries a volley from 25m but it gets a deflection and Ekramy saves it and pushes it out wide. Good save as the trajectory changed dramatically.

FULL TIME: Birmingham City 0 - 3 Bromley - That was a truly top class performance from Bromley. They pinned Birmingham back and only restricted them to a solitary off target shot. Any time the ball was put forward for a Birmingham break, it was swept up by a Bromley defender on the half way line. Very very good performance by the Lilywhites.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Luke Davenport was at the apex of everything today, strong forward play and held the ball up well for others to make runs in behind the defence and he picked them out well. Two goals too.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: You could name quite a few here but Paul Curtis and Benjamin Keevil make quite the pair as they interchanged their passes and play well. Their playing styles complement each other well. Keiran Fehmi was also great at winning the ball high up the pitch to maintain pressure on Birmingham and the central defensive pairing of Ian Morris and Julian Stuart was excellent.

MANAGER ANALYSIS:

What a great performance, didn't let them out of their half at all and when they did get out, you pinned them down again. It was ruthless, aggressive and ultimately, it was how Bromley football club should play. Full of heart, desire and the will to win and that's exactly what you showed over the 90 minutes. Cannot ask for anything other than the maintenance of the recent performances.

We have a big test against Southampton next week in the FA Cup and what better way to show the country how good we are than by knocking out a Premier League side that's full of passing quality like us. Let's do this guys, we can progress far in the cup and we can win this league.

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 3:49pm (PST)
quote Julian "Enlighted" da Luz
Mr.Parmar, I would like to know why I'm not playing with such frequence?

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 3:51pm (PST)
quote Johnny Pizza Man 78
quote Julian "Enlighted" da Luz
Mr.Parmar, I would like to know why I'm not playing with such frequence?

With the team playing so well, it is hard to fit in. Besides with a few fixtures coming thick and fast, everyone will get game time.

Author:   nathan
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 4:09pm (PST)
quote luke "loves the d" davenport
very happy with the way i'm playing, along with my playing time. hopefully our run of success continues in the cup!

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Dec 23, 13 at 7:33pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
7' - GOAL! That was early. Bromley break forward with Curtis driving through the centre and the winger plays a world class through ball to Benjamin Keevil who breaks the offside trap and he takes a touch before hitting a swerving shot towards goal. It is straight at Ekramy but the keeper misjudged the flight and swerve on the ball. Decent shot on his weaker foot but the keeper should have at least parried the shot away.

Author:   Bluestillidie00
Date:   Dec 24, 13 at 5:57am (PST)
quote Lewis Collins
Deserved that one. Hope all is forgiven.

Author:   Dion ks 11
Date:   Dec 24, 13 at 11:43am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
83'- and Lloyd tries a volley from 25m
quote Trystan 'Try Me' Lloyd
I like that.

Author:   Scyzee
Date:   Dec 26, 13 at 12:51am (PST)
quote Eliot Alighieri
I feel like I'm not playing well enough and not making an impact? Is that so, boss?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.