Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Enter The Lilywhites [Season One] - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1947542-enter-lilywhites-season-one/11.htm

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 5:50am (PST)
Subject:   re: Enter The Lilywhites [Season One]
-------------------------------------------

Henderson - Blackstock

Lansbury

Cohen Lichaj

Moussi

Volkov - Sangweni - Hobbs - Halford

Al Rashidi

Griffiths

Collins Curtis

Ford - Lloyd

Kamyuka

Curbishley - Morris - G. Kidd - D. Page

Robertson

TEAM NEWS:
  • Forest will be organised and will look for long balls up to their forwards for service. Lansbury will cause problems from midfield as well.
  • Hobbs captains the home side.
  • Kamyuka in for Fehmi as Parmar looks to have a more disciplined midfield that keeps things controlled.
  • Robertson captains Bromley.

MATCH REPORT:

KICK OFF: Forest in their home kit of red shirts, white shorts and red socks with Bromley in their home strip also.

8' - Hobbs plays the ball up to Lichaj and Ford tries to win the ball back quickly and dives into a challenge but doesn't get much of the ball. The referee gives the experienced midfielder a yellow card and there are no complaints about that.

20' - Bromley haven't had much chance to get on the ball but they work space through Griffiths coming deep and he plays it to Ford ahead of him and the midfielder's touch is good and works a bit of room past Hobbs before firing a low shot and the keeper saves it well and pushes it out for a corner.

21' - The corner from Curtis comes in and Sangweni clears it out to the edge of the box but Kamyuka pounces on it first and fires a thunderbolt of a shot to goal. It just goes wide and Al Rashidi didn't even have time to react. That would have been an excellent goal from the holding midfielder had it gone in.

44' - Forest are letting Bromley pass the ball around but they aren't letting them near goal much, however Ford turns past Moussi and plays it up to Griffiths and the striker shoots on the turn but Al Rashidi holds onto the ball.

HALF TIME: Nottingham Forest 0 - 0 Bromley - Bromley with more possession and all the chances but they cannot find a route to getting the ball into the back of the net. Something needs to change for the visitors as they look to extend their nine point lead in the Championship.

49' - GOAL! Moussi loses the ball to Eric Ford 30 metres from goal and the playmaker passes it up to Paul Curtis who expertly goes past Sangweni before firing a shot into the bottom corner of the near post. Excellent pressing and finishing from Bromley as they need this sort of ruthlessness back.

58' - This game has calmed down a lot now as Bromley have taken the lead, Forest are trying to get further forward but Kidd and Morris have been so solid at the back. Meanwhile, Parmar is urging his side to get a second to kill the game off.

70' - GOAL! Forest are starting to push forward but Bromley counter and Collins plays Roy Griffiths through on goal and the forward is onside and runs through on goal, his initial shot is saved by Al Rashidi but the ball bounces off him and the centre forward has and open goal in front of him and just taps the ball in for his fourteenth league goal this season.

72' - Bromley substitution, Da Luz > Ford. Da Luz moves to the right and Curtis goes behind the striker.

83' - Bromley make two more substitutions, Alighieri > Kamyuka, Stuart > Page.

87' - GOAL! Da Luz surges through the centre and plays it up to Roy Griffiths who turns and double touches past Sangweni and now is clear through on goal and picks out the bottom corner with so much ease and the game is now over. Excellent second half from Bromley.

90+3' - A chance for the fourth as Bromley test the back line and after Hobbs clears a a neat ball into Griffiths, Alighieri puts a low ball into Curtis who feints past Moussi and fires a low shot... But it cannons off the post. Hugely unlucky there for Curtis. That deserved a goal.

FULL TIME: Nottingham Forest 0 - 3 Bromley - Comfortable win here for Bromley as they dominated Nottingham Forest and the hosts didn't even manage to have a shot this game as they tried to hold Bromley back. It worked in the first half but Bromley were sublime in this second half.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Paul Curtis was exceptional today and creating so many chances for Bromley today. Deserved that goal at the end but he opened the scoring for the visitors today. He's been one of Bromley's best and most consistent performers this year and he's shown class again today.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: There were plenty of good attacking players today but you have got to give credit to Grant Kidd at the back who prevented Nottingham Forest taking any shots as they pressed for a goal, exceptional performance. Up front, Roy Griffiths was excellent and collected his fourteenth and fifteenth in the league and his importance up front is shown today.

MANAGER ANALYSIS:

Good second half performance guys. Our overall play was much more fluid and as a result, it was better than what we did in the first half. This is now the second half of the season so let's do exactly what we've done in the first half and we will secure the league up pretty nicely.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 6:31am (PST)
quote Keiran Fehmi
So what's the point of giving me a new contract if you ain't gonna play me? I had offers, but I committed my future and you drop me! I can't do anything now, I have a new deal.

Author:   BenficaAjaxMan
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 9:06am (PST)
quote Isaka "Ice Man" Kamyuka
Very nice win for us today, also very good for me to have my hard work pay off with a start. Just gotta keep working for continuous starts in that holding midfield spot.
quote Parmar1993
BenficaAjaxman, I was vey surprised to see him there as well. He had a god awful performance too.
Not at all surprised. He's an even bigger flop than Adu, Urby Emanuelson (baffling how he's got on to AC Milan and still can't get called up to Holland, what a *bleep*ing joke of a player) and Quaresma combined.

Also...interesting to see Eric Lichaj at RMF.

Author:   Lone Warrior
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 9:19am (PST)
quote Ian Morris
I would be honoured to play for a historic club* such as PSG, but football with Bromley is what interests me the most at the moment and I'm not letting those rumours influence my performance.
*:

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 9:25am (PST)
quote Lone Warrior
quote Ian Morris
I would be honoured to play for a historic club* such as PSG, but football with Bromley is what interests me the most at the moment and I'm not letting those rumours influence my performance.
*:

Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 10:19am (PST)

D. Nugent - Taylor-Fletcher

Marino - Konchesky

Bakayogo Sparv Gallagher

Miquel - Pandza - Durante

Schmeichel

Griffiths

Collins Keevil

Lloyd - Kamyuka

Alighieri

Curbishley - Potts - Massey - D. Page

Robertson

TEAM NEWS:
  • The five midfielders will go all out to stop Bromley playing in the middle and out wide and will look for their two front men via long balls.
  • Kasper Schmeichel captains the home side.
  • Fehmi is out and so is Curtis, Kidd and Morris as Bromley rest them. Alighieri, Keevil, Potts and Massey come in for them.
  • Robertson captains Bromley.

MATCH REPORT:

KICK OFF: Leicester in their home kit of blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks with Bromley in their home kit of white shirts, black shorts and white socks.

10' - Bromley have been good down the flanks and Lloyd makes a run down the left before cutting inside before crossing it into the centre, Pandza clears it and Page picks it up and plays it inside to Griffiths who turns his man before firing towards goal. His shot is good but just goes wide of the near post.

21' - GOAL! Bromley have been excellent today and they carve open the Leicester defence yet again. The ball is cleared out and Massey nods it up to Keevil who plays it to his left to Collins and the winger plays a delicate through ball to Roy Griffiths and the forward surges through the defence and strokes the ball into the corner of the net. That was quality play, followed by a quality finish.

32' - Collins knocks the ball past Miquel and runs onto it before playing a great through ball to Griffiths in the centre but the forward shoots for the near post and hits the side netting. Another instance where he should have gone for the far post. Poor finish from the Championship's top goalscorer.

38' - Great play on the right between Kamyuka, Page and Griffiths and the latter plays Kamyuka through and his cross from the byline goes over Schmeichel and Lloyd heads it goal bound to the near post and Schmeichel parries it back out. Lloyd pounces on the rebound but his poked shot hits the side netting.

44' - GOAL! Curbishley switches the ball across to Page heads it down to Kamyuka and after a nice pass up to Keevil, the winger plays it to Griffiths who flicks it to Trystan Lloyd on the overlap and the midfielder rounds the keeper before passing it under Schmeichel's diving arm. What an excellent move capped off with an excellent finish. The midfielder runs all the way to the Bromley fans in celebration and the fans sound their appreciation.

HALF TIME: Leicester City 0 - 2 Bromley - A vastly superior Bromley have kept 60% of the ball and created chance, after chance, after chance. Eight shots in total with five on target and two of them in the back of the net. The unusual centre back partnership has impressed like they have with the under 21 side in games this season and look comfortable together.

53' - GOAL! Against the run of play, Leicester pull one back! Bakayogo runs down the left and holds off Alighieri before putting in an excellent cross to the centre where Gary Taylor-Fletcher jumps to head the ball to the far post and just beyond the reach of Martin Robertson. Great header and smart play by Taylor-Fletcher to jump with Massey who isn't the tallest player.

56' - Bromley almost restore their lead with Keevil playing the ball to the centre to Griffiths and again he finds Lloyd on the overlap but this time Lloyd cannot find the back of the net with his shot and Schmeichel pushes it wide for a corner.

63' - GOAL! His second of the game and it isn't the player you'd have thought! Keevil plays Page down the right hand side and the full back plays a top quality cross into the box where Trystan Lloyd runs free of his marker and chests the ball down before passing it into the back of the net. What a finish but great play to get into so much space into the box.

69' - That should have been a fourth for Bromley as Page dispossesses Bakayogo high up and surges down the right before playing a low ball into Roy Griffiths who is unmarked but the forward mis-hits the ball and it goes wide of the near post and he has his head in his hands.

72' - GOAL! And he makes up for his miss with a goal. Alighieri drives a low ball up to Roy Griffiths and the forward turns past Pandza before playing a one-two with Keevil to get through on goal and he just clips the ball over an onrushing Kasper Schmeichel. Good finish and it shows just how confident he is that he can miss an easy chance and minutes later he can convert his next chance.

76' - Bromley substitutions, Bates > Kamyuka; Holmes > Keevil. Both men receive a massive reaction from the travelling supporters as they leave the pitch.

89' - GOAL! Fantastic finish and that's Bromley's fifth. Griffiths pokes the ball from Sparv and it falls to Lloyd who takes a touch before playing up to David Holmes who double touches past Pandza and smashes the ball towards the bottom corner and although Schmeichel gets a touch, cannot prevent it from going in. Fantastic from Bromley today. Absolutely fantastic.

FULL TIME: Leicester City 1 - 5 Bromley - Complete destruction of Leicester today as they control 58% of the ball and eleven of their fifteen shots were on target with five of them going in. Leicester only managed one shot all game but it went in, but it just seemed like Leicester were playing against thirteen men on the pitch today.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Bromley's top goalscorer, Roy Griffiths was sensational today as he scored twice and claimed an assist in a fantastic target man display. He held the ball up well and distributed it nicely to others as well as scoring himself.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: Bromley had some stand out performers today including Keevil and Collins but Trystan Lloyd really stepped up his performance and scored twice. He was superb in the middle of the park and completely dominated Leicester. Kevin Massey hasn't had the best season after recent years but he had an excellent game today at the back, he models his game on Sergio Ramos and you can definitely see shades of Ramos in his game.

MANAGER ANALYSIS:

Absolutely sensational. That's the exact ruthlessness that we have been missing for the last couple of months and we're now in February and this is now the business end of the season where we make or break our season. We've now got a twelve point lead over Queen's Park Rangers and Middlesbrough in second and third respectively.

Author:   Master-Sacker
Date:   Feb 09, 14 at 1:09pm (PST)
quote Reporter
How is the competition between Strikers in Bromley ?
quote Roy
Well, Luke is a hell of a striker and Collins is extremely talented, but I think there is gonna be a long time before someone Takes over the CF position

quote Reporter
You're Bromley's top Goalscorer, Could we possibly see you another team's to Goalscorer
quote Roy
How could you Know i would be a top Goalscorer when i leave *Light laugh* No, as long as my Contract still has years in it and Ravi and the Board don't want to get rid of me I'm here , No I'm still going to be Bromley's goalscorer *Laughs and continue walking*

Author:   Kaharius
Date:   Feb 10, 14 at 5:28am (PST)
quote Dean "Assist Man" Page
Glad to know I'm helping the team out, but I'vwe lost count. Would the gaffer be so kind as to let me know my assist total?
Seriously though, Parmar1993, is that my second or third assist?

Date:   Feb 11, 14 at 12:01pm (PST)

Griffiths

Keevil Curtis

Lloyd - Bates

Kamyuka

Curbishley - Potts - Kidd - D. Page

Robertson

Seklasov - Mbesuma

Taylor

Wordsworth - Zukanovic - Hyam - Jay Tabb

Chambers - Kadar - Mings

Loach

TEAM NEWS:
  • Keevil in for Collins as Collins has a minor knock and Lloyd's impressive performance gives him the nod over Ford.
  • Martin Robertson captains the home side.
  • Ipswich will look to counter on that left side with Wordsworth charging down to support the forwards. The winger will look to expose Page's attacking instincts.
  • Hyam captains the visitors.

MATCH REPORT:

KICK OFF: Bromley in their home kit of white shirts, black shorts and white socks with Ipswich in their blue shirts, white shorts and blue socks.

3' - GOAL! Well that was quick! Bromley break down the left but chambers does well to tackle Keevil and clear the ball but Kamyuka heads it straight up to Ken Bates who turns to goal and has enough time to charge to his right into space and then clips the ball into the near post with an excellent finish. Where was the defence?

9' - What an absolutely fantastic save by Loach! Curtis comes inside and plays a ball down the right for Page and the full back puts a great low through ball to Griffiths and the striker hits it with his right to goal and Loach sticks out a hand which which diverts the goal bound shot so that the ball hits the underside of the bar and bounces out before Kadar clears it out of danger. Quality save from Loach.

19' - That should have been two as Bromley work the ball through Bates and Lloyd to find Griffiths and the striker turns to goal and plays a fantastic through ball to Curtis who is clear on goal but he cannot keep his composure and his shot from 12 yards goes wide.

28' - GOAL! Bromley caught out on the right as Wordsworth turns Page inside out and drives down that left wing before playing a neat through ball to Seklasov who broke the offside trap and the forward takes a touch to come inside before picking out the near post and Robertson was helpless on that. The high line of Bromley was exposed there by a top notch pass from Wordsworth.

36' - Bromley are pressing now but Ipswich look tighter as a defensive unit, however, Lloyd plays it up to Griffiths who passes it wide to Curtis before getting on the return pass but Loach comes out of goal quickly and the forwards poked shot is saved by Loach who is on top form today and Bromley would have been two or three up if it were not for him today

HALF TIME: Bromley 1 - 1 Ipswich Town - Bromley have had far better possession and completed a massive 91% of their passes. They have had four of their five shots on target but only converted one and they should have been two or three up before the visitors equalised with their only shot of the half.

56' - Where is the finishing today? Bromley break through the defence after Griffiths won the ball from Hyam and surged past Kadar but his powerful shot smacks the near post and the ball falls for Keevil who takes a touches before shooting with his right. His shot is poor and drags wide of the near post.

61' - GOAL! You knew that Bromley would eventually break through and score, and they have done just that. Kidd pokes the ball to Lloyd who turns past Taylor and passes up to the right to Curtis and the winger takes a shot before picking out Roy Griffiths ahead of him and the forward once again runs through the Ipswich defence and chips Loach who was running out to close him down, very composed finish there.

67' - Bromley make a triple substitution, Davenport > Keevil; Ford > Lloyd; Alighieri > Kamyuka.

73' - Attack is the best form of defence as Bromley have pinned Ipswich back and a neat interchange between Griffiths and Ford ends with the latter playing a through ball to Curbishley on the left and the full back's touch inside is heavy and runs along the 18 yard line before panting it inside to Griffiths who turns and shoots first time but it was very poor and goes wide.

84' - Should have been a goal there as Bromley quickly move forward after Griffiths nods a goal kick from Robertson down to Ford and the playmaker volleys it wide to Davenport. The forward takes a touch before picking out Curtis who has cut inside with an excellent ball. The winger takes the shot first time with his left but can't get a good connection on it and it goes wide of the near post.

FULL TIME: Bromley 2 - 1 Ipswich Town - Bromley do enough to win the game. They lost a lot of the ball in the second half but remained resolute at the back to keep the score in their favour. Not the best Bromley performance but they have the win and that is good enough.

MAN OF THE MATCH: Roy Griffiths has been excellent as a centre forward this season and today was no different as he got the all important winning goal and was a good pivotal figure up front.

NOTABLE MENTIONS: Despite many missed chances, Paul Curtis had good movement off the ball and his passing was similarly good, his early season scoring has gone but still remains a big threat to any side. Ken Bates got the opener today and had a good game as the supporting midfielder, there's a lot of potential for this kid and he is showing that he can definitely live up to it.

MANAGER ANALYSIS:

Guys, we were so clinical last time out, what happened today. We were poor on our one-on-ones. Paul, you missed two golden chances today that anyone would have banked on you scoring either of them. Roy, you missed a massive chance that you definitely should have scored. We got there in the end but scoring at least one of those would have killed off the game for us. We need to convert these chances so we aren't caught out by better teams.

Author:   Bluestillidie00
Date:   Feb 11, 14 at 12:08pm (PST)
quote Lewis Collins
What happened Paul? Thought you'd have scored at least one of them chances

Date:   Feb 11, 14 at 12:40pm (PST)
20 LEAGUE GAME STATS:

- Charlie Curbishley has the most appearances with 19 in all competitions.
- Because Curbishley has been so ever present, our other left back, Karl Williams, has the fewest appearances with just 3 in all competitions.
- Roy Griffiths is our top goalscorer with 18 in 18 games. Interestingly, after the first update he had 9 goals in 9 games with one assist, this time around, each figure was doubles.
- We have three players on four assists, Lewis Collins, Paul Curtis and Julian Da Luz. Though Collins has played the least games out of the trio.
- We don't have any red cards but only Ford, Stuart and Keevil have received bookings with the latter being the only one with more than one as he has been given two.
- Unsurprisingly, Roy Griffiths has the highest average rating of 6.7 with Paul Curtis close behind with 6.5.

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Feb 11, 14 at 7:24pm (PST)
lmao Lone Warrior

Parmar1993 I should find out how many of our goals have happened when Ford has been on the field. I had something insane going on during the first few games, haha.

Date:   Feb 12, 14 at 3:43am (PST)
Parmar1993, could you possibly put out some individual stats for Page?

Date:   Feb 12, 14 at 4:05am (PST)
quote Kaharius
Each player profile was updated last night after league game number 20.

Date:   Feb 12, 14 at 4:22am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
quote Kaharius
Each player profile was updated last night after league game number 20.
Right. The stats weren't exactly visible on my screen, haha!

Pity his overall rating's only six, though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.