Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PESwiki - The Thread - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1905461-peswiki-thread/

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:11am (PST)
Subject:   PESwiki - The Thread
-------------------------------------------

Click me to contributeā¤“

Well I guess it's that time where we start using all of your youthful enthusiam in the hopes that you'll edit the PESwiki. The Wiki has for better or worse fallen a bit behind in terms of editing what with all of the new clubs, teams, leagues, players and with the recent influx on new members I'm sure many of you will be willing to spare a little time to help edit the best Pro Evolution Soccer wiki on the internet.

What's that I hear? The best? Yep, you heard right the PES NeoWiki is the premier wiki for all things PES and you too can help add to that dynasty. And it's all quite easy as well, or at least that's what Whelan told me when I started editing. All you have to do is get the information from the game and put it onto the wiki. Such as players in squad lists, a few of there key stats and perhaps even a picture or two of them both in the game and in real life.

Currently we have no PESwiki staff members with the recent retirement of that old crone Liam who left to go do some boring irl stuff instead of sitting on his computer. Anyways, because I'm the only active former wikileader/wikistaff I would hate to see the wiki go to shambles so I'll aim to continue Liam's great work and his only shot at fame on the interwebz.

Unfortunately that means a lot of work, and I also have a life. Thus a few contributions from you guys, be they large or large (hehe) will go a long way to helping me keep my sanity. So, let's lay out a few things that we should all be able to get done rather quickly if we hold hands and do a sing a long. Erhm, I mean edit.

Also if you have any questions please feel free to ask me. I will over the coming days list out guides on how to edit players pages/club pages/league pages and templates on the PESwiki. I will also be doing my best to monitor edits so that I can catch something that might need to be fixed, and help you with that.

PESwiki Wanted Pages

Essentially most of this needs to be made, and edited. The main thing will be editing all of the old existing pages.

Author:   Kaharius
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: PESwiki - The Thread
What about the D2 leagues?

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:24am (PST)
quote Kaharius
What about the D2 leagues?
Them as well. I just have completely forgotten their names (this is what happens when the American release date is on the 24th). If you know what they're called I'll add them to the list.

Oh, and heads up I'm about to post a guide on making Team/Club pages here in a second and it's going to be pretty extensive (or long if you're into those kinda terms).

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 1:12am (PST)
Do I just type stuff or does the wiki use some sort of programming language?

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 1:25am (PST)
quote Tommy Vercetti
Do I just type stuff or does the wiki use some sort of programming language?
It uses a programming language. I'm going to write up guides for the basic stuff (Teams/Players/Leagues) so that everyone knows how to do them. For now though while I'm writing them up you can look at this for editing.

That's just for editing though. Creating pages have templates. For example a Player Template looks like this barebones.

{{Infobox

|title = 
|image = 
|imagecaption = 

|label1 = Name
|data1 = 
|label2 = Age
|data2 = 
|label3 = Nation
|data3 = 
|label4 = Position
|data4 = 
|label5 = Club Squad No.
|data5 = 
|label6 = Nation Squad No.
|data6 = 
|label7 = Key stats 
|data7 = 
|label8 = Previous Clubs
|data8 = 
}}

Description of player.

==PES 2014==
Description of player in PES 2014.

[[Category:Players]]

Author:   Tommy Vercetti
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 1:26am (PST)
Lyonnais, *bleep* that.

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 1:32am (PST)
quote Tommy Vercetti
Lyonnais, *bleep* that.
Lol it look intimidating but it's really not.

{{Infobox

|title = 
|image = [[Image:LyonAvatar.png]]
|imagecaption = 

|label1 = Name
|data1 = Adam Cole
|label2 = Age
|data2 = {{age|1994|2|15|df=yes}}
|label3 = Nation
|data3 = [[Image:USAFlag.png|17px]] [[USA]]
|label4 = Position
|data4 = '''AMF''', SMF, CMF
|label5 = Club Squad No.
|data5 = 23
|label6 = Nation Squad No.
|data6 = 23
|label7 = Key stats
|data7 = Acceleration - 83<br>Short Pass Speed - 82<br>Team Work - 85
|label8 = Previous Clubs
|data8 = None <br/>
}}

''Adam'' currently plays for [[Arsenal FC]] having come up through their youth team.

That's what I have on my userpage on the PesWiki. Probably the hardest thing you have to do their is open up your game, and type shit.

Author:   Dion ks 11
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 10:11am (PST)
The whole wiki needs a massive edit job. The whole thing is at PES 2012. I can go ahead and edit as much as possible but people need to post pictures like what THE ARSENAL is doing but in English .

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 11:16am (PST)
quote Dion ks 11
Lyonnais When posting picture on a wiki page, like on a player page can you do it like here? [img] image url [/img] ? Because the samples say Lionel Messi.png
You asked this, but I'll bring it back here in the wiki thread.

And no it's not the same here's how you do it.

[[Image:FILENAME.png]]

If you want to have the image resized (which you should for example on the http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Mesut_Ozil Oezil] page I've edited the image to make it smaller as it was huge before) you simply add the latter end to make it resize to 200 pixels...

[[Image:FILENAME.png|200px]]

The file name is only for items that have been added onto the wiki. For example this pages file name is Ozil14.jpg. And it says it in the URL, and at the top of the page. Does that help any?

And yeah the wiki is a shambles. Question for you though... if you only had to edit one league which one would you edit/be most familar with? Tell me that, and I'll be able to focus on other leagues while you work on that and I'll come along and help you later.

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 11:35am (PST)
Thanks. But I got from somewhere that you need members or something to post those kind of pics on the database? Can someone be posting these pictures on them with PES 2014 and maybe PM me the addresses ie AlexRomeiro.png and whatnot. I haven't a problem editing my way to every single wiki page over time. I usually focus on the EPL . But go everywhere really.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 11:50am (PST)
Making the Antberk page now

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 11:51am (PST)
quote Dion ks 11
Thanks. But I got from somewhere that you need members or something to post those kind of pics on the database? Can someone be posting these pictures on them with PES 2014 and maybe PM me the addresses ie AlexRomeiro.png and whatnot. I haven't a problem editing my way to every single wiki page over time. I usually focus on the EPL . But go everywhere really.
Hmm? Nope you can add your own files/images. On the right you'll see a tab called Tools, and on the right you'll see Add Files. All you need then is either the actual Image on your computer (it would help if you were on the PC, but anything is fine really) or the URL of the image and you can put it up. Just give it a decent filename, and checkmark 'ignore all warnings' if it's giving you trouble.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:07pm (PST)
http://pes.neoseeker.com/wiki/Antberk

Made!

Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:26pm (PST)
Lyonnais , Parmar1993 James Young Could you create Eusebio on your PES 14? And post a profile like picture...

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 23, 13 at 12:36pm (PST)
Dion ks 11, GTM is awesome at making faces and WENB are making the Classic players too. i think we should wait until then and then get the patch/images.

Adinio, any chance of a better image of Antberk? maybe take one from Edit Mode and get a better focus camera.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.