Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2014: Master League - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1876505-pes-2014-master-league/8.htm

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Nov 12, 13 at 5:03am (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2014: Master League
-------------------------------------------
Nothing of note at all, finished fourth, knocked out of the cup at the first round and lost the first knockout in the EL. I think it's just the team you manage frankly.

Finished my second season and whilst we cruised to our highest ever finish (second), we managed to lose both the FA Cup and Europa League finals. It was brutal stuff. Controlled the game against Stoke in the former only to go 1-0 down to a Charlie Adam volley late on, and I was torn apart by Nacional- losing 3-1. Couldn't even manage a shot until Soldado scored late on by which time the game was so far gone. On the plus side, this season I managed to record victories over Arsenal (3-1), Chelsea (2-0), Manchester United (1-0) and Manchester City (3-2) to prove that I can hack it at the top!

In the league Soldado netted 19 goals. He, Lamela and Pogba were just something else towards the end of the season. Same with Vertonghen and Ticinovic in defence.

In the Summer Transfer period I've recorded a couple of decent signings; brought in Stefan De Vrij from Feyenoord, Marco Verratti on a free and Romelu Lukaku from Everton. Also managed to acquire my regular target and favourite left back Marcelo Schmelzer from Dortmund for £5,000,000. Happy days! Sold Paulinho, Rose, Walker, releasing Dida (regen) and Permussen (regen).

Lloris (89)
Carvajal 79 - Streutker 81 - Vertonghen 82 - Schmelzer 81
Sandro 86 - Verratti 90
Eriksen 87
El Sharaawy 91 - Soldado 86 - Lamela 87

Riccardini 76
Capoue 82 - De Vrij 75 - Kaboul 84 - Ticinovic 79
Pogba 86 - Henriksen 79
Holtby 85
Wroughllen 71 - Lukaku 82 - Gureggiolini 70

res; Dawson (86), Sigurdsson (85), Dembele (88), Lennon (87), Defoe (84), Adebayor (86)

First two games of the season have already been played, beating Newcastle 3-1 and Southampton 4-0. Lukaku netted four- two in each game- to keep Soldado out of the starting XI. Seems like he's already going to be a solid purchase!

League Target: Top 3
FA Cup Target: Winner
Champions League Target: Knockout Stages

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Nov 13, 13 at 12:50pm (PST)
quote Kaharius
DaveyPoshboy RAUL94 How long did it take? Did you accomplish something of note or just did well in the league?
Won La Liga with Madrid so I guess that's something.

Started a save with Newcastle (basically farting about until a decent patch for an OF comes out) and it's going well. Might have bagged bargain of the century snapping up Wilshere for just £9m (Parmar1993). Trying for Lallana and Matip and that should be us until next season.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Nov 13, 13 at 3:24pm (PST)
Bargain. Anyone know if we can play coach mode on ML?

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Nov 13, 13 at 3:29pm (PST)
quote Parmar1993
Bargain. Anyone know if we can play coach mode on ML?
Not that I can see. Can't change sides in game. Weird.

Date:   Nov 13, 13 at 3:32pm (PST)
Looks like I have to play games in ETL then, not coach mode them.

Date:   Nov 13, 13 at 7:21pm (PST)
About ten games in to Season 3 and Lukaku is bossing it up top. Feel bad because Soldado had a great year last year with 21 goals but the former has already netted 10 goals in the league alone. Sitting 3rd at the moment level with the teams at the top having won 7 and drawn 3. In the cup I'm through to the 1/4 finals after beating Wondengie Town 3-2 and West Brom 1-0. Drawn against Arsenal though which will be a test but I'm hoping that I can have a repeat of last season (3-1).

Dominating the Champions League as well; beat PSG 1-0 in the opening group game and followed that up with a 3-1 win away to Legia Warswaza. Edged a 2-1 win against Olympiakos as well so if I can get a win in the return fixture I'm as good as through to the Knockouts and that'll be target accomplished for me for at least one of them.

Not sure who to look at bringing in in January if anyone. Still trying to get rid of dead wood and will probably be releasing Dawson and Defoe from their contracts if I can't shift them. I'd imagine Adebayor will get the boot too hopefully. Looking at Farnum (CM 85/21) from Legia Warswaza but I have no idea where he'd fit so he can just wait on my favourites list with Barkley.

Author:   Dion ks 11
Date:   Nov 14, 13 at 6:46am (PST)
DaveyPoshboy Interesting, sell Soldado buy a good CMF Marchisio or K. Asamoah maybe? Destroyed Braga 6-1 in my Round of 16 in the Champions league, Kagawa got 4 yes 4 assists! Welbeck scored a hat-trick. City lost to bloody Inter 2-1. And for some reason Newcastle are for some *bleep*ed up reason are 3rd in the league behind Arsenal (2nd) and I. Chelsea are 5th reminds me of the 2011/12 season actually...

Date:   Nov 14, 13 at 8:56am (PST)
Dion ks 11 Not a chance I'd sell Soldado, he's always on form. Defoe and Adebayor will be my strikers to sell if any. Plus I think I'm okay for central midfielders:

Sandro 86/Verratti 91 - Pogba 87/Henriksen 80
Erisken 87/Holtby 85/Sigurdsson 85

My current rotation options. Not to mention I can drop use any of El Sharaawy, Lamela, Gureggiolini or my BAL player as an AM. Can also bring Vertonghen up from the back for DM.

Keeping an eye on Icardi from Inter at the moment. I'll probably go for him in the post-season window.

I've only just realised that I'm not fielding any British players in my team. Should probably try and buy at least 3 more to accompany Wroughllen & My BAL player as my "homegrown" quota. Could sign Osman from my Youth team. 74 overall and 17. Decent preset face too.

Author:   Kaharius
Date:   Nov 16, 13 at 5:55am (PST)

quote DaveyPoshboy
Not a chance I'd sell Soldado, he's always on form.
How true is that.

Just started a new one as Valencia. No transfer update, so Soldado's still in.

Had a friendly against Napoli, and they dominated us in the first half. Calaio opened their account in the first ten minutes. My defence was torn to shreds with their movement. Somehow, we managed to get the ball to their half, Guardado whipped in a cross, Canales volleyed, and the ball rebounds off the post and is about to go out behind the post while Soldado comes out of nowhere, sliding, and kicks the ball towards the keeper, who loses balance and pushes it in. Second half, we were dominated again, although not as much as in the first. Banega tried to give us the lead with a free kick from 30 yards out, but his powerful strike came off the bar. Later, Banega took our second corner, crossed the ball in, Canales hit it to the post again, and again Soldado takes a rebound from an impossible angle and slams it in. How bloody cool is that?

Author:   Ghased
Date:   Nov 16, 13 at 8:46am (PST)
Hi Every Body
I play in Continental Leage
i get my 20000 total access point and I have not added any PTS won or lost after match
Currently i have 300 PTS.Left and its stop
Some one tell me why my Pts stop right now
thanx
Sorry for my bad english spoken

Author:   Daylfc
Date:   Nov 17, 13 at 2:49pm (PST)
Hi am new to this PES thread am am looking for some help!!
Basically I need help chosen a team I'll like a team that can be a good challenge or DC Untied or PES team forgot what they called as not played PES for awhile.please info about new league or do I need to crate them??
Please help me every advice will be great thank you will post soon
Sorry for a big thread lol

Date:   Nov 17, 13 at 2:53pm (PST)
The made up leagues are already there with players etc. The second division of teams is quite far down on the list, just past the Asian teams.

Author:   scottysafc
Date:   Nov 18, 13 at 9:04am (PST)
Really enjoying Master League this year, especially after the update as I feel the game is a little harder than it was pre-update.

Playing with Sunderland and currently sitting in 7th in my second season, 5 points behind the leaders Spurs after 7 or 8 games. In the first season I managed to win the FA Cup and finish 4th, but we missed out on Champions League qualification as Chelsea finished down in 8th but managed to win the Champions League so we're having to settle for the Europa League this season. Hoping I can push for the title this season, but if not manage to qualify for the Champions League. Also managed to grab the Belgium managers job which is nice, seeing as though they have so many great young players! Here is how my squad is looking at the moment...

GK: Forster (80)
RB: Faraoni (79)
CB: Smalling (82)
CB: Matip (79)
LB: De Ceglie (86)
DMF: Cattermole (84)
CM: Giaccherini (87)
LMF: Sterling (82)
RMF: Johnson (84)
SS: Shaqiri (81)
CF: Fletcher (83)

Subs/Reserves: Westwood (80), Digne (79), Diakite (83), Wallace (78), El-Hadji Ba (79), Ross Barkley (81), Kelvin (77), Altidore (79), Colback (79), Wickham (80), Roberge (75), Cabral (77), Moberg-Karlsson (75), Gardner (80)

Think I'll aim for a new striker or defensive midfielder (or both) in January. Any suggestions? Preferably with their face in the game? Oh, and I'd also highly recommend Shaqiri to anyone who can afford him. Easily my favorite player in this years game so far. A great dribbler with a rocket of a left foot and is currently my top scorer this season with 7 goals in 10 games from SS.

Author:   Bluestillidie00
Date:   Nov 30, 13 at 4:35am (PST)
Started my Master League with Yeovil. Boy is it tough!

Author:   Lyonnais
Date:   Nov 30, 13 at 8:11pm (PST)
Still playing my FK Odersteich ML. I've fallen for the team after I played with them last year, and I think I'm going to make it a sort of tradition to have an ML of them now. Playing on coach mode as well. Kinda frustrating since I can't alter the game unless I'm using my tactics/subs. So far with my new tactic I've won a game, and drew with the top team in the league. Not sure if I'll be able to get promotion.

Jentfert on the team is excellent btw. As are Vorgtseil and Lampertzen. I highly recommend them.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.