Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2014: Improvements, Developments and Wishlist - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1843590-pes-2014-improvements-developments-wishlist/

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 6:02am (PST)
Subject:   PES 2014: Improvements, Developments and Wishlist
-------------------------------------------
I know the last thread went a little overboard and crazy but we'll move past that into this more civil thread. Anything getting out of line will be reported to the mods. This is your only warning.

NOW! lets get back on track. I've just seen this 14 minute video about what's bad in PES2013 and what needs improving but it's mainly about polishing up minor blemishes on the match engine that i'm sure the new Fox Engine will improve on that.

my personal wishlist for the game: - Probably my favourite mode i've played with friends. choose 4 teams, you get a team of 22 from those teams. me and my cousins used to have certain rules with it like 2 nations and 2 countries, can't have same player twice, nation can't be of the club country. And finally, No-one can use Adriano. - Pretty basic and i'd really like a better system when you can formally bid for a player and issue deadlines with bids as i'm sick of 'negotiating' with a team only for them to hang onto the deal for 2 weeks and then your secretary coming in saying "The bid for XX has not been successful" with no reason behind it whatsoever. - When doing kits, you're only allowed 1 image on the kit but with most kits, there is the the manufacturer logo and the main sponsor's logo. I'd love for images to be inserted into 2 sections.
- Another thing on this i'd like is positioning of these images. i'd love various options like "manufacturer: Left/Right/Centre" or "Main: High/Medium/Low" on the shirt because Chelsea's Samsung logo is quite high up on the shirt compared to the positioning of Arsenal's Fly Emirates logo.

Author:   Lucas9
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2014: Improvements, Developments and Wishlist
Editing:
- Be able to have your team's crest in the shorts, and perhaps even socks.
- Be able to upload an image to your team's shorts, which would mainly be used for the brand. It could be something like "back-left, back-right, front-left, front-right" to cover up the usual places where a manufacturer places the logos. Same would be for the socks.

These two things would incredibly increase the realism of the kits. Also:
- Have you noticed how real kits in the game have dark lines? I think it's called "seam". It would be nice to have them on the kits you make, with each design having the option to enable them or not.
- Give us MORE than 4 slots, it's just too little. Some great combinations could be made with more than 4 slots.
- Some designs are unexplainably broken: Why be able to change the color of the left sleeve, but not of the right? Have every design that only applies to a particular side of the kit mirrored. Right now, if I want a Red right sleeve in a white kit, I need to use a design for both sleeves Red, and change the left sleeve to white.

Now, this would be pretty much impossible, but I will say it anyways:
- Have a good selection of preset designs from the most known manufacturers (Adidas, Nike, Puma, Lotto, Umbro, etc.), so that you can change the colors of the parts you want, and hence have a real kit for the team.
- Alternatively, be able to change the whole kit through an image, such as in PC games. I don't see this as likely.

BAL:
- Give us an Intercontinental Cup, to do this KONAMI should have first to license each individual team of the Copa Libertadores mode, to allow it to be played outside the competition. This would be great as well to create your own leagues, switching teams between leagues as in PES 2011 (Boca Juniors, River Plate, SC Internacional).

Author:   High Road
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:17am (PST)
Highly considering getting PES 2014 for PC, so much more editing possibilities.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:18am (PST)
Only 14 minutes? That alone shows the progress that Konami have made in recent years, haha!

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:30am (PST)
Basic Stuff:

Crossing Stats.
Tackling Stats.
Make The Knuckle Shot Easier To Pull Of.

Master League
Better Transfers System, As Said Above.
Individual Training.
Make Some Players More Expensive, Especially PES and Brazilian League Players.
Transfers Rumours.
Be Able To Buy Libertadores Players.

Become A Legend
More Interaction With Teamates.
Interviews With Diverse Questions And Answers.
Transfers Rumours.

General
Add The Bundesliga, Even If Most Teams Are Unliscenced, We Can Edit.
Add The Argentine League, Same As Above.
Intercontinental Cup.

Author:   Lucas9
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:43am (PST)
quote Johnny Pizza Man 78
This reminds me...

Dear God, KONAMI. Give Latin American players decent stats, it seems as they threw a bunch of random stats, with only Neymar having good stats in Latin America.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:44am (PST)
just realised that PES have a licence with Nike, Adidas, Mizuno, Puma, Umbro, etc. why can't they use that for shirt sponsors and kit manufacturing.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:50am (PST)
quote Lucas9
quote Johnny Pizza Man 78
This reminds me...

Dear God, KONAMI. Give Latin American players decent stats, it seems as they threw a bunch of random stats, with only Neymar having good stats in Latin America.

Having Fernando Torres with better stats than Fred or Luis Fabiano hurts me.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 8:01am (PST)
Johnny Pizza Man 78 it's basically Konami saying the Brazilian League isn't as good as La Liga or the Premier League and it is just behind the Liga Zon Sagres and Eredivisie

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 8:06am (PST)
Which shows how we are seen internationally.

Even though we have a great record in the Intercontinental Cup and Club World Championship.

Also, League Mode should be back.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 8:12am (PST)
did everyone really love the League mode that much? i barely ever used it.

Author:   Mace85
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 8:47am (PST)
Most of the stuff Johnny Pizza Man 78 mentioned is bang on what I want to see, especially Bundesliga and the Liberatores teams/Argentinian League!

Transfer system is a huge weakness, it seems it is built to bias in favour of teams that spend to get the high valued scouts, rather than to provide any realism. I would like to see ability to make proposals yourself and include players in proposals.

Allow contract renewals at any time - pay rises to players who are getting interest to stop them handing in transfer requests, as which clubs ust let contracts run and let their players get unsettled?

I would also like to see a better player rating system, with more of a range to reflect the range of performances (similar to FM, where a stellar game = 10, and a poor one starts dropping below 5). The present system is just between 5.0 and 8.0, which is statistically insignificant to measure performance.

Improve coaches/training. Hire a coaches as Technical, Fitness, Goalie, Youth

Have the youth team function as a team to call players up/send down. Make investment in the youth team (set it up like hiring staff is now) result in more youth available/better regens in youth team.

Make Youth players less amazing at the start - perhaps link youth stats to average stats for team, so if you start with Chelsea, your youth may be worthwhile signing, whereas if you start with a RKC Waalwijk the players aren't immediately your best players in the team.

Fix development curves - idea from FM - set the players with a fixed range PA (like how FM has -10 = 170-200, -9 = 150-180, -8 = 130-160, etc.) That allows for variance, and rewarding playing/training youth, but stops the ridiculous growth some players see compared to non-player controlled counterparts.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 11:32am (PST)
Improve XBOX360 editing.

The kits you see in Saintragler are hand made in the editor and, up close, look awful. Allow XBOX users to import PNGs as well as more advanced designs, manufacturers. I find I have only two editing spots which means I have to recycle for my GK kit. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my lack of online setup or a glitch/hard drive problems (My 360 is only 4GB)

Also, the option to edit your teams kits directly from ML so, say Chelsea could have a fantasy kit for the next season designed by you.

Easier ways to create players but new graphics in the Fox engine will help that

In ML, the ability to give press conferences but interactively and maybe, just maybe KINECT or PlayStation Move compatibility (Too far). So, for example, you have a massive promotion 6-pointer game and a 'talk to press' feature is there under 'topics'. Then, you could schedule press conferences or talk about areas of the team.

Also, manager rankings, ability to switch clubs, to talk with your board about areas you can strengthen. Designated transfer budgets, youth budgets etc.

More realistic player names. I love him, but ANTBERK is no where near an English name.

The ability to create less European stadiums and space crowds nearer to the pitch, like most English stadiums.

Author:   High Road
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 12:17pm (PST)
Why are people complaining about two editing spots? Just do it all in one.

Author:   Adinio
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 12:38pm (PST)
quote High Road
Why are people complaining about two editing spots? Just do it all in one.
I can only edit one or two teams this way I don't even have sponsored Chelsea kits, man

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.