Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: PES 2014: Latest News - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62472/t1841291-pes-2014-latest-news/

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:00am (PST)
Subject:   PES 2014: Latest News
-------------------------------------------

Earlier today EDGE Magazine unveiled details about the new PES2014 engine and it does look very promising indeed! Although the magazine is only available if you pay for it, Winning Eleven Blog made a great article about the new engine and you can read about it HERE.

There's a lot of interesting things in the article and I've highlighted a few key things for those too lazy to click the link!

quote WENB
The new engine was thought of by many to be the Fox Engine. However, the PES team state that it is NOT the Fox Engine but an adaption of the engine made specifically for football games. The engine comes based on 3 main pillars which come as the following:
  • ‘Barycentre’ Physics and Ball Control
  • Contact and Physicality
  • Squad Emulator

Interesting too see that this is NOT the Fox Engine but that is is tailor made for football games and just like last year, they've focussed on 3 main categories of improvements/features. Definitely want to see more information about the Squad Emulator (and whether Barcelona play like Barcelona or Chelsea play like Chelsea) and the new control and contact developments.

quote WENB
It seems Team ID is also a big factor of the new engine with the new tactical side of the game. Player’s can set ‘Zones of Play’ and create playing styles that will be instantly recognizable of your favorite teams. The article mentions that of Celtic’s playing style when they managed to over come Barcelona. Players can set their full backs to over-lap or even double up on players such as Ronaldo or Messi when they receive the ball.
And Finally...

quote WENB
For those worried about the new engine only being available on next-gen, everything in Tokyo was shown to be running on the PlayStation 3. However, Konami have stated that the new engine is also ‘ready’ for next-gen.

Author:   High Road
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:06am (PST)
Subject:   re: PES 2014: Latest News
The Player and Ball are now a complete separate entity which allows for a greater control and the shirts are also separate from the players. Want to tug on coming player’s shirt to stop him easily passing you? That will now be possible.
^ Memories of the PES 4 trailer.

So, so desperately excited for this, was considering taking a break from the forum next year but this new system might keep me around the forum next year. Buzzing.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:08am (PST)
Hope my laptop can handle PES 2014. It handles PES 2013 fine on full settings, just hoping the new engine doesn't go really over the top on it. I'll be in Japan from the start of October so finding time to play might be tricky, but with it sounding so promising I really don't want to miss out on the experience.

Author:   DaveyPoshboy
Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:13am (PST)
Was just about to post this damn you Parmar1993

Really interested to see what they actually do with the crowd/atmosphere. They've been promising/suggesting that there has been development of the in-game settings since, like, PES2008, but it has never really seemed to allude to this much. Like the idea of the crowd affecting a player as well.. would be brilliant if that could be integrated into BAL like they used to have with those weird graphs.

Date:   Mar 14, 13 at 9:18am (PST)
High Road I'll take your spot in the forum next year...

Saeglopur wouldn't the fact that you're in Japan be easier with Konami being based there? you'll probably end up getting the game before us!

DaveyPoshboy I was going to do it much earlier but my laptop kept crashing and at least it's up now anyway

Author:   RAUL94
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 6:34am (PST)
I can see the glitch now... Shirts flying everywhere!

But this sounds fantastic already. Would be great if they pull it off properly.

Author:   Saeglopur
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 6:45am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
Saeglopur wouldn't the fact that you're in Japan be easier with Konami being based there? you'll probably end up getting the game before us!
Possibly, I don't know. I should be there from 1st October, but I'm going to be really busy so I don't know if I'll even have time for game playing realistically.

Author:   maxy-b-2013
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 11:53am (PST)
quote Parmar1993
I've highlighted a few key things for those too lazy to click the link!
Thats me! haha

The new engine looks absolutely sick though. Pro has needed something fresh like this for years and it's about time KONAMI pulled their fingers out their arses and delivered somethin really special for once.

As for clubs playing tactics exactly how they do in real life, I dred travelling to Upton Park on ML and facing Big Sams long hoof balls for 90 mins haha

Author:   Johnny Pizza Man 78
Date:   Mar 19, 13 at 7:22pm (PST)
So, instead of Messi dribbling everyone for Barcelona, they are going to pass the ball? Neat.

This crowd stuff will be beast aswell, I also fancy some team chants.

Author:   High Road
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 2:52am (PST)
You can get them in a option file. Had it for PES 2009, proper chants every game it was brilliant.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 7:38am (PST)
I have some teams chants, but I'd rather have them put in by Konami.

Author:   ResistanceFailure
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 1:08pm (PST)
quote maxy-b-2013
quote Parmar1993
As for clubs playing tactics exactly how they do in real life, I dred travelling to Upton Park on ML and facing Big Sams long hoof balls for 90 mins haha
Or Stoke injuring half of our starting 11.

Author:   maxy-b-2013
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 1:32pm (PST)
quote ResistanceFailure
quote maxy-b-2013
quote Parmar1993
Or Stoke injuring half of our starting 11.
Huth and Wheater!

I wonder if they will implement Stoke's extra long throw ins into the game. But exclusively for Stoke.

They used to be performed by Rory Delap but now Ryan Shotton has took over

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 1:36pm (PST)
ResistanceFailure - a quality TeamID feature would be how Tottenham choke at the end of every season and then don't finish in the top 4.

Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 2:51pm (PST)
I don't wanna go nearly a decade in game to see Arsenal win a trophy, if not more, I don't go that far anymore.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.