Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Creating a looping DVD? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62/t1837087-creating-looping-dvd/

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 4:38am (PST)
Subject:   Creating a looping DVD?
-------------------------------------------
alright, i was asked to create a dvd of movie trailers for use in a store, to be played on a tv via a dvd player. ive done that, but now i need a program that will not only convert it into the dvd format, but also to make it run on a continuous loop, so that it doesnt have to be restarted every hour. anyone have a program that can do this?

Author:   harbin
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 5:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Creating a looping DVD?
Most DVD players have a repeat function so you can set two points for it to repeat between. Can't you just find some crappy cheap DVD and use that?

Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 5:33am (PST)
the remote on the dvd player is missing, so the play button and the other basic functions are all that i have available.

Author:   Freeze
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 5:52am (PST)
Do you prefer a certain program and what format is your source video?

edit: Assuming you have Video_TS files, here is a nice easy tutorial

Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 6:04am (PST)
format is a single mpg file.

Author:   Duncan Idaho
Date:   Mar 03, 13 at 7:24pm (PST)
quote hiigaran
alright, i was asked to create a dvd of movie trailers for use in a store, to be played on a tv via a dvd player. ive done that, but now i need a program that will not only convert it into the dvd format, but also to make it run on a continuous loop, so that it doesnt have to be restarted every hour. anyone have a program that can do this?
convertxtodvd, allows you set it as a loop if you have two files, so just make a copy of your first file, and then mount both files on convertxtodvd click skip menu and play from the start (you should be able to id the file in question)

Author:   joeja69
Date:   Apr 04, 13 at 7:28pm (PST)
Create the dvd without a menu and it should loop play, works for me when i do dvd's on nero without a menu

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.