Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Multimedia class scheduler service - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62/t1807191-multimedia-class-scheduler-service/

Author:   hiigaran
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
Subject:   Multimedia class scheduler service
-------------------------------------------
so is this necessary or not? ive read that i shouldnt disable it, but so far i havent seen any problems. im trying to see if any of the services i have running might be affecting TF2, and my event log shows this particular service coinciding with the number of temporary lockups ive been having for a while with the game.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 3:58pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Multimedia class scheduler service
quote hiigaran
so is this necessary or not? ive read that i shouldnt disable it, but so far i havent seen any problems. im trying to see if any of the services i have running might be affecting TF2, and my event log shows this particular service coinciding with the number of temporary lockups ive been having for a while with the game.
How's your video and audio playback once you've disabled it? This service looks after all that by optimising the available CPU space at any given point - could be conflicting with your TF2 and thus causing you grief. However, disabling it might affect your video and audio playback, so give that a test and let us know how it goes.

Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 4:02pm (PST)
you got the same issue as well, then? ill let you know tomorrow if i see any difference.

Author:   walnuts
Date:   Dec 19, 12 at 4:13pm (PST)
I haven't no, but I have heard of similar issues amongst other people across different games. It's essentially the service is struggling to know when the CPU is in use (such as playing a game) and when it's not, and thus is allocating resources inefficiently.

Let us know how you go with the videos. If you notice no difference, then you might be safe just to keep it disabled. If you do find a problem, then we'll have to find another solution.

Date:   Dec 20, 12 at 6:00am (PST)
hmm, i just started my computer up and there was no audio. enabled this service again and i restarted.

wonder if there is anything i can do about this...

EDIT: alright, after reading through this, ive managed to safely disable the service without affecting audio. ill see what happens in a game later on tonight.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.