Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Ethernet Cable - No Internet Access - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/62/t1793056-ethernet-cable-no-internet-access/

Author:   Inhale
Date:   Nov 15, 12 at 9:38pm (PST)
Subject:   Ethernet Cable - No Internet Access
-------------------------------------------
I have a friend that has a desktop running windows sp 2 I believe. My friend can't use the internet because there is no internet access. Their wifi from the router works perfectly fine, they can use their internet using wifi from the ipod. Connecting to the internet through the cable on their computer however doesn't work. I have gone to control panel, network connections, and tried "repairing" the connection. That fail.... what can I do?

Author:   Chekkaa
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 6:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: Ethernet Cable - No Internet Access
Is there a link light? When you plug the cable into the computer, a little LED or two on the port should light up. If it doesn't, either a) the port on the router is bad, b) the port on the computer is bad, and/or c) the cable is bad. Try testing it with a different router port, a different computer, and/or a different cable until you find out which ones are the problem.

Author:   Inhale
Date:   Nov 16, 12 at 11:00am (PST)
quote Chekkaa
Is there a link light? When you plug the cable into the computer, a little LED or two on the port should light up. If it doesn't, either a) the port on the router is bad, b) the port on the computer is bad, and/or c) the cable is bad. Try testing it with a different router port, a different computer, and/or a different cable until you find out which ones are the problem.
I thought it was the computer port. I will try it with a different cable before I go out and buy a new computer port for the internet cable.

Author:   bridgestone
Date:   Feb 08, 13 at 6:09pm (PST)
I hope those cable is not DIY type. Sometimes DIY may be faulty.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.