Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action" - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61950/t1854645-evil-within-revealed-shinji-mikamis-project-zwei-to-perfect-blend-of-horror-action/

Author:   bluexy
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 8:32am (PST)
Subject:   The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action"
-------------------------------------------
[[news:22768]]

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 8:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action"
I must say a few of us called it, very intriguing coming from the pedigree of Mikami and the quality standard (except on PS3) of Bethesda. So down for this, so very down.

Author:   Krantos
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 9:02am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action"
quote Aussie Legend
the quality standard (except on PS3) of Bethesda.
Bear in mind, this isn't being worked on by Bethesda Game Studios (Skyrim, Fallout 3), it's Mikami's own studio, Tango. It's simply being published by Bethesda Softworks, who published such stellar games as Wet and Rouge Warrior. Granted, they also publish BGS games and Dishonored, but still.

As to the game, I remain skeptical, but I did appreciate their marketing thus far. The teaser videos were very well done.

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 9:16am (PST)
If the information from the Japanese Press Release are true then this game is shaping up to be something.

Please don't be another shootbang with spooky corridors like Dead Space.

Author:   xmd1997
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 10:04am (PST)
Wait if Bethesda isnt developing it, does that mean theres still hope for fallout 4?

Author:   bluexy
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 10:05am (PST)
@ xmd1997 There's always hope for Fallout.

Author:   Largerock
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 10:57am (PST)
This looks....AMAZING!

Shinji has thankfully not lost his touch, dem enemies look FREAKY. High hopes from me.

Author:   SpartanNinja
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 12:44pm (PST)
Ooh very interesting. Very silent hilly

Author:   Wakaman
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 1:37pm (PST)
quote DedValve
If the information from the Japanese Press Release are true then this game is shaping up to be something.

Please don't be another shootbang with spooky corridors like Dead Space.
^
Please don't be. I want you so bad my precious, so bad.

Author:   Yay4sean
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 1:52pm (PST)
So long as it's not just random shit with the sole purpose to scare you, then I'm somewhat interested. Scary things that don't make any real sense = silly.

Author:   Axe
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 3:07pm (PST)
I can't be the only person that sees "perfect blend of horror and action" as a very suspect phrase.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 7:25pm (PST)
quote Axe
I can't be the only person that sees "perfect blend of horror and action" as a very suspect phrase.
nope

anytime I see combat in horror nowadays I'm cautious

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Apr 19, 13 at 11:22pm (PST)
Krantos Yes of course, and whilst that is true, how many truely bad games do Bethesda publish these days? Brink? That's one, and for every Brink we have a Dishonored quality level game.

Bethesda have a great mentality, and I trust that they wouldn't be putting money behind this if they didn't think it had the potential to be great (which Brink had as well, it just was executed awfully).

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Apr 20, 13 at 12:09am (PST)
quote Aussie Legend
Krantos Yes of course, and whilst that is true, how many truely bad games do Bethesda publish these days? Brink? That's one, and for every Brink we have a Dishonored quality level game.

Bethesda have a great mentality, and I trust that they wouldn't be putting money behind this if they didn't think it had the potential to be great (which Brink had as well, it just was executed awfully).
horror games are judged differently. At least by the genre's core fans. if this is a good shooter with decent atmosphere reviewers and general buyers are going to lap it up. even if it has shit pacing. doesn't mean it's a quality horror game (which is what it should be judged by if Mikami is attached to it). if that happens, it'll just be another nail in the AAA horror coffin. hope that doesn't happen, but the action bit he mentioned is unsettling

Author:   DedValve
Date:   Apr 20, 13 at 9:16am (PST)
quote Aussie Legend

Resident Evil 4 is regarded as one of the best action game of its time. That doesn't change the fact that Barney Teaches you ABC's was more of a horror game than RE4. Didn't stop the entire world from thinking that horror "changed" or such other nonsense like evolve or whatever.

I'm very cautious if not slightly optimistic (more like hopeful) that this is the horror game we all wanted but I wouldn't be surprised if we had another Shadows of the Damned situation going on here.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.