Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens - page 4

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61665/t1841738-saints-row-iv-announced-for-august-20-release-become-super-powered-potus-fight-aliens/4.htm

Author:   master assasin98
Date:   Mar 27, 13 at 4:57am (PST)
Subject:   re: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens
-------------------------------------------
i liked the first 2 but by the third one they ran out of ideas.Dont get me wrong it was a good games i loved it.Thats all i got to say i think #4 is gonna be okay.

Author:   Solid-Snack
Date:   Mar 29, 13 at 7:53pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens
saints row 2 was the best

Author:   Digimonrockers
Date:   May 07, 13 at 2:13pm (PST)
If a Game Has a Story that they go from we need a great story to more to being kicks ass and more or less forgetting the story from which you going a low-level crime boss to a Mother*bleep*ered Superhero. I say *bleep* Plot

Author:   ChiroVette
Date:   May 08, 13 at 6:29am (PST)
quote pokemon speedy
It's called having fun. The gaming industry shouldn't be forced to innovate or push beyond ultra realism. These guys and Deep Silver look to be having a blast with the amount of stuff you can do. If you want a serious business sand box game go play GTA (V looks to be changing that a little) otherwise enjoy the show, this will be getting pre-ordered as soon as possible because hey I enjoy a game which doesn't even take itself seriously so why should I.
I'll enjoy freezing police or aliens then kicking them in the balls for cheap laughs sure but laughs all the same
I agree 100%.

You know what else? Everyone complains and whines when developers make sandbox games that are wholly derivative and try to copy GTA's formula. Volition has decided to take the idea of a crime sandbox and evolve it AWAY from GTA's "realism" direction. Now forget about the fact that I personally think SR games are ten times the game of GTA IV in fun and enjoyment. Even if you are a fan of pure, unadulterated realism and refuse to give wacky, over the tops sandbox games the time of day (which is perfectly fine), you have to respect what Volition for trying to do the opposite of what Rockstar has done.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.