Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61665/t1841738-saints-row-iv-announced-for-august-20-release-become-super-powered-potus-fight-aliens/3.htm

Author:   Scootsy
Date:   Mar 15, 13 at 7:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens
-------------------------------------------
bluexy I have yet to play the "Trouble with clones" DLC but from what I understand, he's back in a brute form. I'm curious if they'll bring back a Gat clone for Saints Row IV. I'm also curious which ending SR4 will pick up from, I prefer the happy ending, but it seems to point towards the whole city-state ending. I have so many questions already! They need some answering, August needs to hurry up and get here!

Author:   Aussie Legend
Date:   Mar 16, 13 at 12:01am (PST)
Subject:   re: Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens
I am so down for this.

Author:   Largerock
Date:   Mar 16, 13 at 2:27am (PST)
quote bluexy
largerock YUR THE PRESIDENT AND THEN THE ALIENS COME AND YOU'RE PUT IN THE MATRIX AND YOU BECOME SUPER HERO, PRESIDENT ALIEN DESTROYER NEO.
Oh. That makes a lot more sense than what I thought.

Author:   C Falcon
Date:   Mar 16, 13 at 9:40pm (PST)
Oh...my. Take my money now.

Author:   Paranoid Android
Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 7:14pm (PST)
While none of this was foreseeable during the original Saints Row, am I the only one here who is still excited to see how it turns out?

Author:   Coi Cki
Date:   Mar 17, 13 at 10:48pm (PST)
I've pretty much lost interest in the series. Seriously, are all the people at Volition horny teenagers? I'd prefer to see some innovation, instead of virtual skin and tired jokes. And this whole Matrix angle they're pursuing?

No thanks. I'll pass.

Oh... There should be a 3-letter word that starts with an 's' and ends with an 'x' between 'tired' and 'jokes', but apparently that's explicit language and prevented me from posting.

Author:   pokemon speedy
Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 3:28am (PST)
It's called having fun. The gaming industry shouldn't be forced to innovate or push beyond ultra realism. These guys and Deep Silver look to be having a blast with the amount of stuff you can do. If you want a serious business sand box game go play GTA (V looks to be changing that a little) otherwise enjoy the show, this will be getting pre-ordered as soon as possible because hey I enjoy a game which doesn't even take itself seriously so why should I.
I'll enjoy freezing police or aliens then kicking them in the balls for cheap laughs sure but laughs all the same

Author:   TripleDX
Date:   Mar 18, 13 at 7:05pm (PST)
Haha president of the United States of America and aliens come to kidnap the Saints and you get super powers. I hope this game isnt going to be easy with us getting super powers and i wonder if we get to pick what powers we have

Author:   Kokoro
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 2:27am (PST)
Looking nice. I'm looking forward to the game and might get it at release. I'm glad that Saints Row doesn't try to be very realistic.

Author:   seth
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 11:22am (PST)
i think its wrong on him being president cause it depend on what part of the story there going with cause if you go with (killing killbane i think) he turns the city into a independent country

Author:   DragoniteBallZ
Date:   Mar 20, 13 at 11:55am (PST)
There's nothing wrong with silliness but when it sacrifices depth, takes over the core part of the game, then I have a problem with it. They removed so many things that was in the previous Saints Rows to make way for this stuff. You know removing stuff like robberies, stores(except clothing), multiplayer, just to make way for a silly shark guns and UFOs. Come on. Those can be in the game but those should be the last things and should be add ons at the most.

Author:   Roy
Date:   Mar 21, 13 at 12:05pm (PST)
I still think they are rushing this game and they should wait another year to work on this game and make it better, since GTA V is coming out, I won't be surprised that it will blow Saints Row IV out of the water.

Author:   Dantess26
Date:   Mar 25, 13 at 11:26am (PST)
... Not saying it's aliens but... IT'S ALIENS.

Author:   BlackLabel
Date:   Mar 25, 13 at 12:00pm (PST)
quote TripleDX
Haha president of the United States of America and aliens come to kidnap the Saints and you get super powers. I hope this game isnt going to be easy with us getting super powers and i wonder if we get to pick what powers we have
It won't make us too powerful, the lower level enemies won't stand a chance against us for sure but there are higher level enemies that have similar powers to us. As for the powers themselves, you can customise your powers in the same way you can customise your character, clothing and vehicle. There is one limitation to the power customisation though and that is due to some powers unlocking as the game progresses, this will also be the way the game stops you being ultra powerful from the first moment you start the game.

Author:   Ayriak
Date:   Mar 26, 13 at 12:23am (PST)
Customisable super powers and aliens? Sounds pretty awesome. I haven't played any of the other Saints Row games, but this one is already quite appealing to me.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.