Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Rumour: Assassin's Creed IV to be set in the Caribbean, or so a reputable source claims - page 2

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61238/t1834916-rumour-assassins-creed-iv-to-set-in-caribbean-so-reputable-source-claims/2.htm

Author:   DragonSlayer45
Date:   Feb 25, 13 at 4:48pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumour: Assassin's Creed IV to be set in the Caribbean, or so a reputable source claims
-------------------------------------------
Assassin's of the Caribbean?

Author:   LOD-squa
Date:   Feb 25, 13 at 6:56pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Rumour: Assassin's Creed IV to be set in the Caribbean, or so a reputable source claims
The Caribbean seems like such a boring setting, there is not much to touch on aside from the slavery that happened in the past.

Author:   Intoxication
Date:   Feb 25, 13 at 7:54pm (PST)
As fun as naval battles were in AC3, I hope it doesn't become the main focus in this title. It's fine as a distraction, a side mission, but nothing more. It was unique but it just wasn't Assassins Creed to me.

I guess only time will tell.

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 12:50am (PST)
I honestly hope it doesn't happen, I wasn't a massive fan of the naval feature. I mean, I enjoyed it, but it's something I could live without if taken from future games.

Author:   Fortitudo
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 8:17am (PST)
Boo. I was merely asking if there was a historical event in the carribbean ever. I was not getting my hair off at you. I could say the same thing to you asking me when is there a rule in the time periods.

I dont see how it could go back into the past anymore. Desmonds dead, the end of the world happened and juno is free. They best justify this.

Author:   Largerock
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 8:31am (PST)
There had best be things related to PotC.

or else....

Author:   Capaldi
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 8:51am (PST)
Pirate Assassins yay

I suck at the Naval missions lol, so I hope they don't take up the full game or have to be played to progress :3

Author:   Kiro
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 9:54am (PST)
What about the French Revolution?

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 10:41am (PST)
I could see the overarching story fitting in quite well in the pre-American Revolution Caribbean, what with all the pirates/privateers running around, European powers like Spain, England, and France all fighting with each other, etc.

I actually like the naval features in AC3, and wouldn't have minded more missions on the boat. I just hope that this game is a lot more open and free than 3, I was really disappointed in how scripted everything felt and didn't particularly enjoy the main story missions at all.

Author:   SpaceWalker
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 10:49am (PST)
All I'm gonna say is... nice to see Rumour spelt correctly XD

Author:   tekmosis
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 12:08pm (PST)
The game stopped being about assassinations a while ago. The 'A' in AC is now Action, not Assassins.

Author:   J
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 1:10pm (PST)
I think it's bull, but I have been wrong before...

Author:   Justplayingitcool
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 1:26pm (PST)
quote SpaceWalker
I agree, too many Yanks ruining the art of the English languange.

Author:   jkoftekian
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 2:17pm (PST)
quote SpaceWalker
Well if you wanna be more accurate, its spelled differently depending on where youre from. In america it would be "rumor"

Author:   jadavisflame
Date:   Feb 26, 13 at 2:51pm (PST)
If you look closely at the picture at the top of the page, you will notice that the assassin is holding Connor's battle hatchet...and just happens to look just like Connor. The guy standing behind the assassin? Looks just like Connor's first mate.

I am cool with a "black flags" DLC, but a whole game based on nothing but naval battles? I wouldnt buy it. I still think they should go to see Shao Jun from the "Embers" video, after she met Ezio and went back to China.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.