Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: General Discussion I: Welcome Back - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61131/t1825256-general-discussion-welcome-back/5.htm

Author:   Resilience
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 3:53am (PST)
Subject:   re: General Discussion I: Welcome Back
-------------------------------------------
That movie was awful.

And The Weather Channel has a 7 hour time alot showing adults in their 30's and 40's crowded up.

Author:   Demonfurby
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 4:03am (PST)
quote Resilience
That movie was awful.

:<

And The Weather Channel has a 7 hour time alot showing adults in their 30's and 40's crowded up.
That's only what they show though, there are a bunch of colleges near the town and they go ape shit when it comes up. Mostly use those idiots who show up as the majority of their major form of tourism revenue.

I'd lose what little faith I have in the area if people the majority of people actually believe in that shit. Pretty sure it's mostly for the tradition

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 4:58am (PST)
quote Resilience
In other news, is it just America that has the stupid tradition of crowding to see whether or not an animal sees a shadow?

You guys are also notorious for clapping at the end of a friggin flight or any movie. Munich to Los Angeles, and people are seriously clapping like we averted a major air disaster.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:01am (PST)
Eh. 9/11 really spooked a lot of people. So airplanes I understand.

Nobody claps at movies anymore unless the audience is composed of celebrities.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:09am (PST)
quote Resilience
Eh. 9/11 really spooked a lot of people. So airplanes I understand.

Nobody claps at movies anymore unless the audience is composed of celebrities.
I don't mean to sound insensitive, and I know plenty have asked this before, but have people still not moved on from that? It was a tragedy sure, but I don't understand why people want to hold onto that fear.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:10am (PST)
It's ok to make (light) jokes now. I think Bin Laden dying really helped most of the people affected move on

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:14am (PST)
Personally, I think America needed something like that to prove how vulnerable we really are.

America has always had this idea that it was the safest place in the world. When that happened, it made us question everything.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:20am (PST)
I think still to this day that Americans have the idea that the US is still the safest place. I do hear a lot of Americans saying it's still the greatest country in the world to live, and even if they don't say that outright, you can see it prominently in their media, news and general social behaviour. It's a rather close minded attitude deeply rooted into the average american psyche. I could easily argue that Australia is a better place to live. Australia is great, once you get past the humongous spiders, lethal snakes and drop bears.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:26am (PST)
There is a certain...appeal to Australia. While you don't have to worry about humans killing humans, you've gotta look out for all the creatures.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 5:52am (PST)
Well the idea that America's the greatest is from the whole immigrants building the country and coming from nothing to become something. It's pretty archaic especially considering the insane poverty that prevents many from achieving any semblance of success and basically every other first world country allows people to make something of themselves arguably better than the US. That and deeply rooted patriotism that allows people to turn a blind eye to the government and practically every other part of the world, while they continue to chant USA. So much irony in this country, but it's still a nice place to live for the most part.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 6:24am (PST)
In all seriousness, Australia's crime rate is lower, we have a stronger economy, purchasing power is higher, also higher average income. Life expectancy is higher, and I believe we've a lower poverty rate. Statistically speaking, Australia is better in a lot of regards. The people are friendly too I think. I've been in the US only a few times, so my experience is definitely and perspective is limited. I still remember being advised several hotel clerks to avoid certain areas of Angeles and Vegas because of the likelihood of stabbings and muggings. That's very rare (almost unheard of) in Australia; that there is a need to warn tourists away from areas due to high crime rates specifically related to stabbings.

Also, I know how most others love to point out our 'exotically dangerous' fauna, but unless you're in the middle of the desert of in the far reaches of the countryside, you're probably never going to stumble across anything life threatening.

Demonfurby, also gotta say, goddamn your avatar always freaks me the *bleep* out.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 6:50am (PST)
lol yeah, I know it's pretty creepy badass

But I'd really love to live in Australia one day. I hear the women there love American guys and I think the accent's pretty sexy

Author:   Shave ya Head
Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 6:54am (PST)
Have Ajax and Machi kissed and made up yet?

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 6:58am (PST)
They just stopped.

Machinezo,

To be fair, though, we have a helluva lot more people than Australia. The greater the number of people, the greater the chance of crime.

Each country has their own up's and down's, and the entire world is pretty much *bleep*ed by the economy. Except for china, of course.

Date:   Feb 02, 13 at 7:15am (PST)
4 Aces, nope.

Resilience,
I don't believe population has a direct correlation to crime rate. And yeah, China's a powerhouse.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.