Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Karma - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45610/t1743148-karma/

Author:   Fluroclad
Date:   Jul 01, 12 at 4:17pm (PST)
Subject:   Karma
-------------------------------------------
[[we.leagueoflegends:Karma the Enlightened One]]

Possible my favourite champion in League of Legends. She has an amazing skill set and it requires real skill to play her in any particular role. Yes she is outclassed by other champions but I feel that once you master her she is just as powerful as any other support and AP Carry!

Anyone who has played Karma extensively will know that everyone just hates her because they just aren't skilled at her.

Author:   Twilight
Date:   Jul 01, 12 at 7:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Karma

I have found that people just don't understand Karma as a champion, nor want to so it doesn't warrant investigating her to find out how good she actually is. Similar to most of the champions I have found myself enjoying immensely, most don't give them a second look.

I'm a fan of building her max/near max (Depending on masteries and runes used) CDR with some AP (Usually from RoA) and the rest is pretty much just tanky items, because the longer she can stay in a fight the more useful she is with her AoE damage and alt effects; shield/heal. Not to mention when you get focused, you can take a nice little beating before kicking the bucket, letting your team pound on the others while you the ~squishy support~ tank everything.

Build usually ends up something like: CDR boots, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Aegis of Legion, Rod of Ages

The last item really depends on what's needed (Read: situational) and if the game even last that long, usually it doesn't. But on the few occasions it has, it's usually been another AP item, like WotA or Ryali's.

Author:   AppleO
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 2:14am (PST)
I think Karma is the most underestimated champion of the whole league I dotn think she should be played as a support since the other supports do outshine her, but she should be as a top ap carry. If u max out your shield first u can make the enemy go home every minute with your poke, and dont lose any hp, u prop. dont get that many kills, but u sure do ruin another persons farm by ALOT...

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Jul 02, 12 at 4:15am (PST)
Tried her once in my noob days. Absolutely found it impossible. I do want to try her again, but I'm not forking out IP for her. I want her to be on f2p. But she is probably the most underused champion. She also appears slightly underpowered when compared to other supports in bot lane, but her team support with her Q looks amazing. But until she's on f2p, I can't truely appreciate her.

Author:   Archangel
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 2:25pm (PST)
I love playing her AP mid, that shield is insane at high levels and her damage is very unexpected. Unfortunately, she hasn't been on f2p for a while so I haven't been able to use her, and I would very much like to spend my IP on other, more desirable champions at the moment.

I really do think she needs a tweak though, just to push her into the realm of potential popularity since her skill set is so unique and definitely more difficult to master. But, seeing someone who is amazing with her (Salce) is just ridiculous to watch.

Author:   Etherlight
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 2:47pm (PST)
She's only been in the free week like once since last December, so if you want to play her you're probably going to have to buy her. With the remake being a work in progress you'll probably never see her on the free rotation until after the remake.

Author:   Archangel
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
At least I still have my Eve. <3

Author:   Tiger go Meow
Date:   Jul 03, 12 at 4:05pm (PST)
Hidden OP is very hidden.

Karma really is a character you got to play and learn. Her support role relies way more on AP than GP5, Health Items and Armor. To be honest you lose a lot of power to her support skills if you decide to go the traditional support route. Because she needs to actually get CS to farm - at least get Kaje's to build into Morello's if you like - you can sometimes piss off your carry. However your carry also has to be smart enough not to do stupid shit, and back you up when you're in trouble as well.

I personally liked playing her mid. Just harass the enemy champ with Q while farming CS. You probably won't get a bucket load of kills, but you'll at least have good farm coming out of early game. I held together a team to the 1hr30min mark (ended 13 - 13 - 30+ still don't get why we didn't just bloody surrender), guarded a Darius as he backdoored - through a 2v5, and came out of the games with a ton of assists and a healthy sampling of kills.

In fact I managed to one on one a geared ww... /:

I love Karma, and it makes me sad that people look at her as the Evelynn of Support. She can burst people down just as well as hold her team together with enough AP. Not to mention the hilarious Baits you can set up if your team is welling to work with you.

I guess, essentially, she's just another "team work required" champion.

Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 4:58am (PST)
Evelynn isn't completely awful, she's just way below competitive level material.

Back to Karma- I WANT HER F2P NOW. Over and out.

Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 4:35pm (PST)
quote Tiger go Meow
Hidden OP is very hidden.

Karma really is a character you got to play and learn. Her support role relies way more on AP than GP5, Health Items and Armor. To be honest you lose a lot of power to her support skills if you decide to go the traditional support route. Because she needs to actually get CS to farm - at least get Kaje's to build into Morello's if you like - you can sometimes piss off your carry. However your carry also has to be smart enough not to do stupid shit, and back you up when you're in trouble as well.

I personally liked playing her mid. Just harass the enemy champ with Q while farming CS. You probably won't get a bucket load of kills, but you'll at least have good farm coming out of early game. I held together a team to the 1hr30min mark (ended 13 - 13 - 30+ still don't get why we didn't just bloody surrender), guarded a Darius as he backdoored - through a 2v5, and came out of the games with a ton of assists and a healthy sampling of kills.

In fact I managed to one on one a geared ww... /:

I love Karma, and it makes me sad that people look at her as the Evelynn of Support. She can burst people down just as well as hold her team together with enough AP. Not to mention the hilarious Baits you can set up if your team is welling to work with you.

I guess, essentially, she's just another "team work required" champion.

That made me sad.

As someone who is in the process of mastering Karma, it really bugs me when I ask the AD carry what support they want and it's usually Soraka or Sona. This goes back to my annoyance with the definition of what makes a support champion a support. And apparently, it's being able to babysit your carry through reckless-ness and having the most lane sustain. |:

/sigh

I just wish people would give supports like Karma (And Janna, whom I main even more often) a chance.

Author:   ssbm freak
Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 4:43pm (PST)
I play Karma as an AP myself. Honestly the first time I tried it out I was just screwing around.. and then I ran to the enemy's flank, instagibbed their AD carry, then bailed.(Mantrad Haste 2 gud)
Enemy Team:
"Karma The Anti-Carry."

My Team:
"I love it when a plan comes together."

... it was one of those rare games where everyone was just 'having fun.' And thus AP Karma claimed a special part of my heart.
<3

Karma does really good in the current meta, just people treat her like she's in the last one. :/

She works well with bruisers but there's a reason for this. "High HP."
Currently EVERY ROLE is building tons of HP so she can out heal Soraka WITH AN AOE now as well as having respectful damage and staying power.
The exception to this rule (Ranged AD) shouldn't be getting hit anyways, that is unless Karma is flying out from the jungle.

Date:   Jul 04, 12 at 9:41pm (PST)
From what I can see, Karma is a far superior late game support to almost any other. Her mass healing abilities actually will do much more than Soraka, who requires her ultimate to heal. And Spirit bond seems to be able to help an ally in need, or help secure that kill .

Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 9:23am (PST)

I actually debated saying something along the lines of the above two post in my previous one but I was afraid it would be rude, lol.

I think most all the other supports, just fall off late game, I really do. And Karma keeps on going and it's just ridiculous the amount of power she has if the team comp is good and they are willing to work with you and understand that she is indeed, an amazing champ.

I was playing Karma in Blind Pick yesterday and some extremely rude player picked Alistar and told me he was going bot and I could "fck off." So I went top with this Garen while our Ez went mid and whoever the other person was went bot with the Alistar. When I was lvl5, the Ez in mid was annoyed that he was losing his lane, so he says something like "Can anyone take over mid, I'm tired of this Ez." So ofc I volunteered, even though I was lvl5 and the mid Ez was lvl7. >.>

It wouldn't have been bad (I didn't die though, nor lose my tower) but the lag was crazy for some reason and it just made Karma mid unenjoyable. Until I took his turret in one push after they ganked my lane a second time like I asked. :3 I needed them to push him out of lane so I could catch up in lvl, so, they would gank, since top was doing amazing. And because the team worked with me. We ended up winning also, so, it was a nice change to see people respect Karma as a champion instead of just:

"I need a heal."

"OMG KARMA WHERE IS YOUR SHIELD?!"

Cooldowns people, supports have them.

So yes, since that game I've been practicing a lot more with Karma, and even ended up being the main tank one game, and a very good if I do say so myself. She's not your typical support, and people who play her like she is, or people who demand she be played like another babysitting support are just wasting her potential.

I have too many thoughts and ramblings about support and no one really cares. :c

Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 4:31am (PST)
quote Twilight

That is so true. Too true. The amount of times I get raged at when playing supports for not healing the ally as soraka when I've blown 3 heals on them. Ofc, that's only when I get told to exchange exhaust for heal. But if my heal with armor+MR buff, global heal and AoE heal isn't enough to save them, they were being beyond stupid.

Date:   Jul 09, 12 at 9:20am (PST)
quote Phoenixmon
quote Twilight

That is so true. Too true. The amount of times I get raged at when playing supports for not healing the ally as soraka when I've blown 3 heals on them. Ofc, that's only when I get told to exchange exhaust for heal. But if my heal with armor+MR buff, global heal and AoE heal isn't enough to save them, they were being beyond stupid.

PRAISE JESUS! SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS.

I always ask which summoners to take, always taking CV. It's either: Exhaust/CV or Heal/CV. 90% of the time, people tell me to take Heal/CV because they'd rather have the extra sustain, even on Soraka. And it just baffles my mind, but I do it anyways, and we end up doing fine. But they are A LOT more reckless when they know you can heal them than when you play someone like Janna, or Leona for example, who don't have a reliable heal (Janna's ult is more for it's push back.)

Exhaust is just too good of a cc and help net those kills to give up imo. You can use it like Flash, to run away. I rarely, if ever, take Flash on a support, lol. I'm very good at not dying and I definitely don't need Flash to run into battle, so, I can Exhaust to run away if needed. AND it allows for the AD carry to take Ignite/Flash. Not to mention, supports like Soraka who have no hard cc, only her silence RELY on Exhaust to be helpful outside of healing.

But. you. understand. thank. you. so. much. <3

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.