Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Borderlands 2 - Read This Before Posting a new Meetup - page 1
reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/61106/t1830031-borderlands-2-read-this-before-posting-new-meetup/
Author: Shadow of Death
Date: Feb 12, 13 at 2:10pm (PST)
Subject: Borderlands 2 - Read This Before Posting a new Meetup
- Refer to that to find other members on Neo who have submitted their profiles for co-op play.
This forum is intended as a convenient place for all players interested in playing with others to organize their meetings. Issues like different time zones, work/school, and other hobbies are things that can make it more difficult to simply add someone they've found, and join together with whenever. A forum such as this can make it a much less aggravating task to do so.Good Behavior
- Clearly indicated in-game User ID (links to profiles are a bonus). Alternatively, you could list "PM For Details" if you prefer not to display it. Keep in mind, having your ID private will make you less likely to get takers.
- Indicated general meet-up times (times you will be available to play), which are updated as needed.
- The type of gameplay you prefer (boss raiding, story mode, listing your playstyle, etc.)
- Your Class(es) - Which class(es) you can play with, and whether you're willing to start from scratch
- Your level for a given class (Ex. Gunzerker: ~45) and playthrough (First playthrough, True Vault Hunter Mode)
- Preferred Loot - If you have certain types of loot, or specific loot you're keeping an eye out for, it helps to keep things fair when loot grabbing.
- There is nothing wrong with Non-English requests. Please use your preferred language unless you are specifically seeking out English speaking players for one reason or another. Even so, organization applies.
- Spamming the forum with requests. Bumping your thread occasionally is all well and good (it will prove you're still active), but doing so often makes you a nuisance. If your thread has been buried past the second page, feel free to bump.
- Antagonism/Flaming. Caustic personalities do nothing to help the community. If someone has messed with your game and/or ripped you off, report them HERE. You may post in the thread of the player you feel ripped you off to indicate such, but keep a cool head.
- Disorganized Threads. Not everyone is a grammatical expert, and not everyone can spell particularly well (please use spellcheck if this applies to you). You don't have to be perfectly clear (as per the 'Good behavior' section), if you prefer to keep things more flexible, but some clarity is needed (something more than just listing your ID).
- Making a thread when unwilling to host. It is somewhat expected that the thread creator will be the host of a game. If you're not willing to host the game yourself, just refer to other player threads and find games that way. That does not mean you HAVE to host the game, if the other player is willing and able.
Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2015.
All Rights Reserved.