Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Will X and Y be cheat proof? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1831892-cheat-proof/

Author:   Zonned87
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 2:24pm (PST)
Subject:   Will X and Y be cheat proof?
-------------------------------------------
For people who like to trade and wifi battle (like me) the constant cheating in gen 4 and gen 5 cheapened the experience of catching and raising pokemon. I know for a fact that at the very least cheating on 3DS would be difficult, the only action replay out for the system works exclusively on DS games and the only way people could likely cheat would be accessing the game through an SD card (provided Nintendo puts it on eshop). Or possibly trading already cheated pokemon from older games, but that would still make it impossible to cheat gen 6 pokemon.

Will X and Y be cheat proof? Cheat resistant? Or are we going to have a repeat of gen 4 and 5?

What do you think?

Author:   fatcat1413
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 2:28pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Will X and Y be cheat proof?
To be honest I'm sure that the Datel company will eventually make a AR device for the 3Ds sooner or later and people will start using it again >.>

Author:   Chobi
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 3:36pm (PST)
Having a cheat-proof game would be nice, but I agree with fatcat1413.

Not saying I've never cheated on a game, but I usually do the first play-through honestly and then have cheaty fun when I go back to play it again.

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 3:51pm (PST)
At first it may not have any cheats for it with AR or anything, but eventually there will be. I don't think a "cheat proof" game can really be created. =/

Author:   GuitarMan91
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 3:59pm (PST)
Gen 5 did make it a lot harder to cheat compared to Gen 4 which was just so easy even a six year old could do it. I imagine Gen 6 will take what Gen 5 games had and make it even harder to cheat but it'll still be done. Just be careful who you trade with.

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 4:20pm (PST)
The 3DS kind of hasn't been hacked yet, to my knowledge, so presuming that keeps up, it will be for a while.

X and Y's release will definitely prompt a more active hacking community though, I don't think it will last forever.
Then it's up to Ninty to try and counter with patches, although they're bound to fail.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 4:28pm (PST)
Like everyone else, I agree that while it's going to take a some time, there's bound to be some sort of cheating device that comes out. I don't agree with using it for battling/trading/game progress purposes to I had a great time hacking on Diamond and Pearl post-game. It's pretty cool considering how much you can create.

Author:   IceQueen
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 5:43pm (PST)
I don't see a problem with in-game hacking, it's actually fun after the first run-through. There needs to be a better way to prevent it in competitive battling and trading. Maybe a notification for trading, informing you that the Pokemon you're about to receive has been hacked? Cheating on the 3DS will probably be more difficult than on the DS, but I have no doubt that something will come out.

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 5:53pm (PST)
I'm sure someone will come out with some way to hack it, although I wouldn't ever do it myself. Using a hacked Pokemon just feels like cheating and the game is perfectly playable without them. And it totally ruins the competitive scene, not to mention the amount of people getting ripped off in trades :/

Author:   Slash
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 6:50pm (PST)
quote Mouldy Cheese
And it totally ruins the competitive scene,
No lol

Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 7:18pm (PST)
quote Slash
quote Mouldy Cheese
No lol
Yes, very much so.

Whats the point in taking the time to attain, raise, breed and properly EV/IV pokemon, putting in countless hours of work if some 10 year old with an action replay can make one in five minutes?

Cheating ruins the game.

Author:   Slash
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 7:20pm (PST)
quote Zonned87
quote Slash
quote Mouldy Cheese
No lol
Yes, very much so.

Whats the point in taking the time to attain, raise, breed and properly EV/IV pokemon, putting in countless hours of work if some 10 year old with an action replay can make one in five minutes?

Cheating ruins the game.
No it doesn't.
Not everybody has the time to get perfect IVs and then EV train a whole team. Hacking makes it so you can easily make legit hacks and still have fun without doing the boring parts.

Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 7:24pm (PST)
Not everyone finds it boring, I know at least several people who enjoy pokemon breeding and training, myself included. However the never ending online cheaters make the work seem pointless and cheapens the experience. There is no such thing as a "legitimate cheated pokemon".

Author:   Lukas
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 7:25pm (PST)
quote Mouldy Cheese
And it totally ruins the competitive scene
If anything, it actually makes the competitive scene relevant.

Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 7:27pm (PST)
quote Lukas
quote Mouldy Cheese
And it totally ruins the competitive scene
If anything, it actually makes the competitive scene relevant.
Relevant to cheaters who have not the patience to do it the legit way. Do you use a code to make mario invincible with unlimited lives? Or for link to have all the stones before doing the dungeons as well?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.