Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Just an Idea - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1831796-just-an-idea/

Author:   Poketrainer_Jay
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 10:12am (PST)
Subject:   Just an Idea
-------------------------------------------
What if GameFreak were to replace the Pokemon Cries in the game with Pokemon cries from the anime.

For instance Gyarados in the anime has a manly Roar, and Pikachu says its name in the cutest way possible. Why not have em do the same in-game. Just a thought. :/

Author:   Wilhelm Ryan
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 10:39am (PST)
Subject:   re: Just an Idea
Eh, the cries in the anime seem to change a lot though. Pikachu doesn't always say it's name in the cutest way possible when getting ready to battle. It usually says "Pika" in the most serious way that it can.

It would be nice for some, but at the same time, I think the way it is now is fine.

Author:   Kanon
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 10:45am (PST)
I say it every time I see this thread.
The Pokémon BW2 Animated trailer is a closer representation of the games than the Anime, and in said trailer it's all growls and roars.

As far as the games are concerned, Pokémon do not squawk their names, so this addition would be twisting established canon.

Author:   BlueLore
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 12:48pm (PST)
well the games do have pokemon say their names,because when you speak to a pokemon that stands somewhere around it will also say its name sometimes.

However in the end I wouldn't want the cries to be changed.
Maybe pikachu could have it changed(or some kind of special pikachu with a different cry),but thats it.

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 3:53pm (PST)
I dont really want them to be able to say their own names tbh. I'd really just rather Nintendo update the old Generation One cries of some of the Pokémon so they don't sound all distorted and pixelated on the 3DS.

Author:   GuitarMan91
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 3:57pm (PST)
Yeah as stated above me, the cries should just be more realistic and high quality and not that horrible mess that still sounds like a gameboy quality sound. The annoying cries is one of the reasons I always play pokemon with the volume off (the bad music is of course the main reason).

Author:   xseed
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 8:15pm (PST)
This is exactly what I have been beggin for since square one! The only poke in the game btw who says there name is Haryma.
P.S. speaking of cries in sinoh region remember there pokedex? Yeahhh They should bring that back. speaking of pokedex on GB I heard you could print pics of pokes well that should return as screenshots. one last offtopic thing. Has anyone played that ecosystem game on psvita? Well on pokemon they should make where ya could go in the pc's(spectrobes) and like there will be different ecosystems depending on pokemon types and(spectobe style) feed them poffins and otha foods to increase there stats and blah blah blah.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 9:40pm (PST)
Aww I reckon they're fine the way they are! I know the Gen I and II cries sound all...old or whatever, but they don't bother me in the slightest.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 10:53pm (PST)

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Feb 17, 13 at 11:00pm (PST)
quote Kanon
As far as the games are concerned, Pokémon do not squawk their names, so this addition would be twisting established canon.
PIKA PIKA
^was in intro to XY trailer.

Author:   Enth
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 2:52am (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
quote Kanon
PIKA PIKA

Yeah, intro. What it was saying was subtitled even. The intro was not gameplay footage.

Author:   Jace2012
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 3:10am (PST)
I do not think that Pokemon voices in game need to be like in the anime. It would be as ridiculous as to give people voices as well. One of the things that make Pokemon games great is that they have stuck to the basics in these aspects.

I cannot argue with improving the sound quality of the games though.

Author:   Darkrai King
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 10:18am (PST)
Yeah, the cries are fine but they need to up the quality to make them not sound like some horrible radio-scratchy-sound-thing. Most of them don't even sound like anything living because it has such horrible sound quality. If they up that quality, I'll be satisfied.

Author:   Elmarcoz
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 12:40pm (PST)
I want them to keep the cries they currently have. Having them say their names is too "anime" to me, and the further the games stay away from that the better.

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Feb 18, 13 at 12:46pm (PST)
quote Enth
quote Best Player Ever
quote Kanon
PIKA PIKA

Yeah, intro. What it was saying was subtitled even. The intro was not gameplay footage.

My point is that the trailer for the games, an almost entirely separate canon from the anime, is using a Pokemon say it's own name, even if it is Pikachu.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.