Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: But you still gotta catch 'em all - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1829652-but-you-still-gotta-catch-em-all/

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 4:35pm (PST)
Subject:   But you still gotta catch 'em all
-------------------------------------------
And be the best that you can be.

Anyway, how many of you think you're going to give catching each and every one of the 700+ Pokemon in the new Dex a chance?
What kind of prizes do you think are going to be given to spending so much time dedicated to Pokedex entries?
In Gen III, you received a pick of any Johto starter for completing the Regional Dex. In Unova, you were given a chance to meet up with a neato Blaxorus for the regional, and the Shiny Charm for National.

Basically, what kinds of rewards would make it worth it for you to put so much effort into completing the Pokedex?
For me, it would be access to normally event exclusive Pokemon, so you could get it even if you missed the event, but you'd have to put in hard work to do so. Another would be access to a new area that has its own little side story and all.

Also, to anyone that can continue from the first line of my post, ilu

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 4:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: But you still gotta catch 'em all
quote Best Player Ever
Doo doo doo doo doooo doo. Doo doo doo doo doooo doo.
omg. I love you. As soon as I read the title I was like "If the first line isn't what I think it's going to be...".

I have never actually caught them all aside from in gen I. Even though I focus more on the catching, training and evolving side of pokemon (rather than breeding or competitive play) I usually end up getting bored after 100+ hours. Having more than 700 pokemon is starting to make it difficult >> They really would need a substantial reward for that.

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 4:46pm (PST)
quote Me
To catch 'em all, or not to catch 'em all? That is the question—
Whether 'tis more sensible to master but a select few
And simply ignore the countless beings across the land
Or to charge courageously, capsule in hand,
And, by destiny, turn monsters into allies.

To catch, to befriend—
No more—and by catch to say we understand
Their power, and pledge to learn and fight arm in arm
With each until all have been realized. 'Tis a challenge
To face with a heart so true.

To catch, to befriend—
To uphold the vast quantity of existing creatures: Ay, there's the test,
For by taking that path what numbers may arise
When one searches far and wide
Must give us pause to acknowledge the heavy load. There's the confession
That makes the task of befriending them all appear tedious.

For who would bear the challenges along the way,
The changes that must be made, the rightful places to claim
The battles ev'ry day, the opposing beliefs of others,
The limitless strength that each monster possesses, and the elements that
Define the very laws of nature itself,
When those too appear unstable and unpredictable?

Who would take on such an intimidating dream,
To work endlessly to discover what the world may send forth,
But that the dread of missing something of mythical proportions,
The legendary beings, from whose frightening, terrifying existence
No mortal can fail to revere, leaves the beholder in awe,
And divides th' masses between contradicting forces:
Nature and technology, land and sea, time and space, truths and ideals?

Thus conscience does make trainers of us all,
And thus the simplicity of befriending few
Is wrought with abhorrent thoughts of chance encounters lost,
And the effortless preference of sustaining few acquaintances
With this regard their paths turn awry
And lose the apathetic approach in favor of mastery.
I wrote this for English the other day. Seemed relevant enough...

I really want to see some awesome rewards. The Blaxorus (lol) was really cool, plus you were given access to a special area. The stoopid certificates were always an extreme let down. Let's hope for something awesome again!

I would love to try to complete the Pokédex, but I always only get to finish the Regional Dex...

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 5:09pm (PST)
quote Mouldy Cheese
quote Best Player Ever
Doo doo doo doo doooo doo. Doo doo doo doo doooo doo.
omg. I love you. As soon as I read the title I was like "If the first line isn't what I think it's going to be...".

Pokemon Johto!

This forum should have a rule that states all thread titles must be references to Pokemon songs.

Sonic Rush you like it? No matter how hard I tried, Blaxorus hasn't been catching on

Author:   Heibai
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 6:08pm (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
This forum should have a rule that states all thread titles must be references to Pokemon songs.
Omg yessssss. Pokémon Johto was always my favorite opening theme.

Everybody wants to be a master! Everybody wants to show their skills! Everybody wants to get there faster! Make their way to the top of the hill!

quote Best Player Ever
Sonic Rush you like it? No matter how hard I tried, Blaxorus hasn't been catching on
Well, not "like it", more like "I've got another shiny to rot in my P.C.".

Much better than a diploma, anyways. Sad I'll never get the Shiny Charm. I just don't have it in me...

One thing I really liked though was the Habitat List. It helped me a lot in catching Pokémon.

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 6:15pm (PST)
I've failed the professors. Every. Single. Time. Yet they still hold me in high regard.

Author:   Virtue
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 6:29pm (PST)
Oh I've never even managed to catch the original 151 in the earlier versions. I just don't have the patience for it. Not to mention the arrival of event Pokemon in recent years. After a while it truly does become more of a chore than something actually worthwhile.

Author:   xseed
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 6:51pm (PST)
Hell if we gotta catch that many damn pokemon(cuse my languange) them professors gonna have to fork over a mllion bucks,a mansion, an arceus, a private jet, and a freeticket for a fancy boatride to a fancy resort island

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:28pm (PST)
quote Sonic Rush
quote Best Player Ever

Everybody wants to be a master! Everybody wants to show their skills! Everybody wants to get there faster! Make their way to the top of the hill!

Each time, you try! Gonna get just a little bit better. Each step, you climb! Is one more step up the ladder!
Best theme. It's like, on par with the original. The pokerap GS was awesome too (xatu, misdreavous, togetic shuckle, quagsire, pineco, chinchou, feraligatr!) :3

It'd be cool if they added in different levels of capture. So, you get rewards for gettin 100, 150, 200, 250...etc. but then there's also rewards for capturing all of a particular generation too.

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:36pm (PST)
quote Mouldy Cheese
quote Sonic Rush
quote Best Player Ever

Each time, you try! Gonna get just a little bit better. Each step, you climb! Is one more step up the ladder!
Best theme. It's like, on par with the original. The pokerap GS was awesome too (xatu, misdreavous, togetic shuckle, quagsire, pineco, chinchou, feraligatr!) :3

It's a whole new world we live in, it's a whole new place to see!
It's a brand new place, with a brand new attitude!

All the 4kids opening themes were pretty awesome, tbh.
And I always laugh at the part you mentioned in the Pokerap GS because of how sexy they make it sounds
also spinarakTYRANITAR

And out of curiosity, what do you mean by different levels of capture?

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:39pm (PST)
But you still gotta catch them all! To be the best that you can be! Do do do do do, Pokemon Johto, do do do do do...

I think she means by the number.

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:41pm (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
And I always laugh at the part you mentioned in the Pokerap GS because of how sexy they make it sounds
also spinarakTYRANITAR

Hahaha! YES they're like "awwww yeah...". Especially with the "suicine, delibird, sentret, skipLOOM!" part. The way he intonates suicine...xD

Yeah, I sort of poorly phrased that, didn't I? I meant that similar to how you get little rewards for getting 50 or 100 pokemon throughout the story (particularly in the older gens) you should be rewarded for catching the entire generation of pokemon. For example, if you get all of the gen I pokemon in Pokemon X or Y, you get a reward for that (all the gen II starters or something)

Author:   xseed
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:50pm (PST)
I choose you and you choose me. Pokemon (holds for a few secs)! gotta catch them all gotta catch them all. POKEMON!! Lol every one else is singin so I decided to add my favorite phrase fromm the first series song. Okay say for evry 50 pokemon you catch more and more people respect you and the prof. thus the first town expands and you get rarer missions and quests from NPCS.

Author:   Sonic Flash
Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 7:51pm (PST)
Caught'em all in Gen 1 and Gen 4.

...It's time again >___> Depends on what bullshit they pull to GET to them all though.

Date:   Feb 11, 13 at 8:35pm (PST)
quote Mouldy Cheese
quote Best Player Ever
also spinarakTYRANITAR

Hahaha! YES they're like "awwww yeah...". Especially with the "suicine, delibird, sentret, skipLOOM!" part. The way he intonates suicine...xD

Hahaha we love that song for all the wrong reasons

And I get what you're saying now, it sounds pretty cool, but they shouldn't be too big of rewards as far as the 50 Pokemon intervals go.
Maybe a medal

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.