Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Medal/Achievement System - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1819897-medal-achievement-system/

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 9:03am (PST)
Subject:   Medal/Achievement System
-------------------------------------------
Well in BW2 we were introduced to a new system of achievements where if you completed a specific task, a guy in any Pokémon Center would award you with a medal, which worked in a similar way to trophies on the PS3 and achievements on the Xbox 360. These tasks included anything and everything from running a certain number of steps to completing the National Pokédex. Would you guys want to see this system return in these games? What other tasks would you like there to be awards for?

I really liked the whole medal system from this game, and I definitely want it to return. If I were to make one comment about it though, I would say that I would rather have medals appear in the top right hand corner of the screen rather than having to go to a Pokémon Center to get your medal. I really did like the system itself though, because I feel like it added an extra challenge to the game. ^^

What do you all think?

Author:   Unseen Steal
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 9:29am (PST)
Subject:   re: Medal/Achievement System
I really enjoyed the medals. It gave me motivation to try different things like different type runs of the Elite 4 on the same save file and such.

There would be no complaints on my end if they made a return. The only thing I wouldn't like is if they made them either easier or ridiculously silly. Like if they started having you "Do 15 laps around the day care with 4 eggs in your inventory from two of the same pokemon from different trainers"

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 9:42am (PST)
I liked it as well. I think they should do something like "beat the first gym with only one pokemon". Something like that throughout your whole adventure like a challenge system. I never really liked 'catch this many pokemons' achievements.

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 10:28am (PST)
Never really cared for it. I would talk to the Medal Guy whenever he showed up in the Pokemon Center to get a medal or hint medals. But I never went out of the way to earn some of them.

Author:   Dark Arcanine
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 11:27am (PST)
I'm not that interested in seeing the feature return. I feel the majority of medals are frivolous in nature.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 12:05pm (PST)
Bring it back. No reason to ditch such a simple feature.

There was also already a thread on this, I think.

Author:   GameOver
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 12:25pm (PST)
Their was a thread on this. Sigma

I would be okay if it were to return. It never really bothered me alot. I did like some of the Challenges for it.

Author:   Uvailable
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 1:01pm (PST)
I like this feature and would be happy to see it return. It's gives the trainer extra tasks to complete after beating the main storyline. Something to work towards. I always like that in games.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 3:38pm (PST)

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 4:18pm (PST)
I would like to see it come back! It wasn't hurting anybody and it wasn't something that you HAD to do to progress with the story or your pokedex. Completing medals was solely for personal achievement and gave no advantage one way or the other. I say keep it in there for those who love trophy hunting :3.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 5:32pm (PST)
I would love the for Medal System to return. Like I've said before, it gives you a reason to keep playing the game, even though some of them are like, impossible to get. But yeah I like the challenge of getting as much medals as I can. :3

Author:   ShinyMilotic
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 6:24pm (PST)
I never made an effort to achieve medals, I just played the game as normal and got heaps of medals anyways from that. I think it's a good feature but the achievements aren't very good. There should be better ones related to battle like 'Use Thunder on a Magikarp' etc.

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 6:32pm (PST)
quote ShinyMilotic
I never made an effort to achieve medals, I just played the game as normal and got heaps of medals anyways from that. I think it's a good feature but the achievements aren't very good. There should be better ones related to battle like 'Use Thunder on a Magikarp' etc.
That's a great idea! I'd like to see one that's along the lines of "Have a pokemon knocked out by a magikarp" xD. That one might actually be a little difficult to achieve. Particularly if self-knockouts like self destruct didn't count.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 6:40pm (PST)

Author:   ShinyMilotic
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 6:51pm (PST)
I have a habit of searching every trash can anyways, so I enjoyed being rewarded for that one too.

quote Mouldy Cheese
That's a great idea! I'd like to see one that's along the lines of "Have a pokemon knocked out by a magikarp" xD. That one might actually be a little difficult to achieve. Particularly if self-knockouts like self destruct didn't count
Just use a Pokemon with 1hp and hope the magikarp has flail haha.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.