Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Shadow Pokemon - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1819875-shadow-pokemon/

Author:   Mega Shuppet
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 7:46am (PST)
Subject:   Shadow Pokemon
-------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts on bringing back the Shadow Pokemon storylines into this generation? Will we see a successor to Colosseum/XD on Wii U? Will they communicate with X and Y?

Personally I think it'd be a great idea. Just give the trainers some better names this time around. I've been playing through Colosseum again lately and it amuses me how many stupid names there are. It's like the Pokemon Company got drunk and were all like "LOL GUYS LETS CALL DIS GUY RIGHT HERE NASCAR" then changed the spelling due to copyright law. I mean lol,

> MS

Author:   Rondo
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 8:04am (PST)
Subject:   re: Shadow Pokemon
Oh from Pokemon XD? I've never actually played the game before except on Walmart demo versions. I like the idea though.

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 8:06am (PST)
Seriously, I would love to see the Colo/XD sequel/successor this generation. Out of all of the spin-of games, those were honestly my favoriteby far, and if they were to create a sequel to them (also involving Shadow Pokémon, of course) I would be ecstatic. :3

The names were the best part about those games, in my opinion. Some of them made me laugh so hard thinking "who in the name of hell would name their kid that?"

Author:   Crystal Creation
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 10:01am (PST)
Cipher Peon Humah is my favourite "name" from XD, followed closely by Spy Naps, Cipher Peon Kolest (no comment) and Cooltrainer Gorps.

Although in XD and Colosseum, you would get a ribbon when you purify a Pokemon, but in Gen 5, they haven't been as cool with the ribbons. It would be nice to see them come back in Gen 6. Jus' sayin'.

Author:   Unseen Steal
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 10:07am (PST)
Colo and XD were my favorite by far. I think that it would be amazing especially now with all of the pokemon. You could have a very diverse team now and they could make the game extremely long if they wanted to. Purifying all pokemon on both Colo and XD was a challenge and it actually gave me a sense of accomplishment.

FUND IT

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 11:16am (PST)
No. No. No. No.

No

Er, so yeah. Never liked the idea of Shadow Pokémon.

Author:   Best Player Ever
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 11:24am (PST)
Instead, we need more legitimately evil/douchebag Pokemon like in the Mystery Dungeon, so they could do things independantly of whatever team they decide to put into the game.

Or just more characters like Bidoof. The only reason I like Bidoof is because of his character in EoS.

Author:   Uvailable
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 1:19pm (PST)
I loved XD but I don't think it'd fit right on X and Y, unless they made a new game in the series. A continuation of the Shadow Pokemon series of games would be welcome by me.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 3:18pm (PST)
quote Best Player Ever
Or just more characters like Bidoof. The only reason I like Bidoof is because of his character in EoS. :o

Author:   Mouldy Cheese
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 4:22pm (PST)
Yes! Bring them back, remaster and add the new pokemon for I would love to see them return! I have so many fond memories of colo and XD, They're amazing as a spin off. Like Kubrick though, I wouldn't want to see them being integrated into X and Y.

Every time someone types "XD" I only see the smiley face >>

Author:   Quixotic
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 4:24pm (PST)
I'm all for another Colosseum/XD game. Hope we get one during this generation. With another Miror. B cameo.

Author:   MegaBassMan
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 4:37pm (PST)
I'm surprised Team Hydro Aura hasn't posted here, yet.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 5:30pm (PST)
I've never played Colosseum or XD so it would be interesting for me to see what Shadow Pokémon are like! Though I reckon they probably won't do such a thing because it just seems...exclusive? ;o

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jan 19, 13 at 5:32pm (PST)
I'd like the return of Shadow Pokemon since I've never played Colosseum/XD, so it would be nice to experience that sort of concept. That being said, I don't want them to return in X and Y since I feel as it won't suit that kind of game.

Author:   Mega Shuppet
Date:   Jan 20, 13 at 4:54am (PST)
quote Kubrick
quote Best Player Ever
Or just more characters like Bidoof. The only reason I like Bidoof is because of his character in EoS.
    Yup yup. c:

Yeah, I dunno if you're talking about a side game, Jolon, or actual X and Y. xD Yes for side gime, no for X and Y. Colo and XD is one of my favourite games ever, and I really enjoyed everything about the game. I should really give the games a shot again. they are amazing. :3

I was thinking more of a spin-off but tailored to this generation, to maybe allow access to legendaries that aren't initially available in X and Y.

Something I always wanted was another Shadow Pokemon game in the 4th Gen that featured a Shadow Deoxys since I lived (and still do) in rural Australia around the time where I learned about Deoxys and the events that were given out at game stores in the capital cities. I used to be obsessed with Deoxys.

> MS

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.