Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Legendary Pokemon from yesterday's X and Y reveal are named Xerneas and Yveltal - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1815929-legendary-pokemon-from-yesterdays-reveal-named-xerneas-yveltal/3.htm

Author:   Shuppet
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:13pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Legendary Pokemon from yesterday's X and Y reveal are named Xerneas and Yveltal
-------------------------------------------
quote Chaos Team
I'm pronouncing it like like Ee-vehl-tahl, and Ckser-nee-is, for now. xD
Lol? They are pronounced zurr-nee-as and ee-vell-tall.

> MS

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:16pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Legendary Pokemon from yesterday's X and Y reveal are named Xerneas and Yveltal
quote Mega Shuppet
quote Chaos Team

> MS

Who's "They"?

Author:   Shuppet
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:18pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote Mega Shuppet
quote Chaos Team

> MS

Who's "They"?
Err... Xerneas and Yveltal.

> MS

Author:   Wally
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:19pm (PST)
quote Midnight
even though it says how to say their names in the OP. D;
...didn't see that.

Evil Tall is so much simpler think I will stick with that.

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:29pm (PST)
quote Mega Shuppet
Err... Xerneas and Yveltal.

> MS

Whoops, I read that wrong. I thought you said "They" were pronouncing the names like that, as in a trailer did that or something. xD

I was basically saying them right. I'm just bad at spelling out my pronunciations. ;_;

Author:   Midnight
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:34pm (PST)
quote Wally
quote Midnight
even though it says how to say their names in the OP. D;
...didn't see that.

Evil Tall is so much simpler think I will stick with that.
Maybe you should of have looked harder.

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:52pm (PST)
Oh what, I didn't see that they showed how to pronounce the names in the OP either.

I should just leave this thread now. xD

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:54pm (PST)
Everyone is so blind! D: Is it just me or are these notifs getting really annoying. ;__;

Author:   RegalBryant
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 5:56pm (PST)
quote Midnight
Everyone is so blind! D: Is it just me or are these notifs getting really annoying. ;__;
Not just you.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:19pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team

I was basically saying them right. I'm just bad at spelling out my pronunciations. ;_;

You weren't too far off with Yveltal, but you were quite wrong with Xerneas' first syllable. Where you got the idea that it would be pronounced 'ks' I have no idea. An 'x' at the beginning of a word is always pronounced like a 'z'.

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:28pm (PST)
quote Midnight
Quick hint, on the notif dropdown box thing, you can change the notifs you receive from "all" to "direct" and you won't get notifs from news comments anymore unless someone quotes or mentions you or something.

Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:30pm (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote Midnight
Quick hint, on the notif dropdown box thing, you can change the notifs you receive from "all" to "direct" and you won't get notifs from news comments anymore unless someone quotes or mentions you or something.
Oh, I totally knew that. B( Lol, thanks Jason. XD

Author:   Kazooieman
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 6:48pm (PST)
The names don't really match the Pokemon themselves. Xernias makes it sound like it's from a sci-fi game. :/

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 8:57pm (PST)
I'm actually quite surprise that I like the names right off the bat. Normally when they announce the two legendaries for a new Pokemon game(Dialga and Palkia for example), I find them to be horrible names and then I start to like them or never do. But I actually like the names for them this time around. Yveltal sounds pretty awesome.

Author:   Geo
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 10:28pm (PST)
Will I be the first to start a speculation of.... "Eevee-ltal" for the Yveltal"?
See what I did there?

But won't work though. Legendaries do not have offspring, aside from Manaphy.
Kanon

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.