Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Gyms: what types do you want/not want to see? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1815535-gyms-types-you-want-not-want-to-see/

Author:   CharleyFeyvolta
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:14pm (PST)
Subject:   Gyms: what types do you want/not want to see?
-------------------------------------------
It's clear that one of the gyms is fire, the one with the giant spider webs looks to be bug and another of them looks to be psychic from the animation for the room - but what gym types would you like to see? What gym types would you not like to see?

In all honesty I'm happy with the inclusion of fire, bug and psychic having a few favourite pokemon of each type so the types I'd like to see seem to have been covered already though I'd be happy seeing ghost return too.
As for gyms I wouldn't like to see it'd have to be dragon. It's getting a bit repetitive.

Author:   pokemon speedy
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Gyms: what types do you want/not want to see?
I'm going to say what most have probably wanted which is a dark type gym, we've had it a few times as E4 so it's about time we get it as a Gym preferably in the latter half of the spectrum.

What I don't want? Dragon and this goes for E4/Champion too. Yeah I get it they are all powerful and godly but my god do they get used all the time for it and hey these things are supposed to be rare, yeah right

Author:   batsman
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:30pm (PST)
Id love dragon to be the type used in the last gym, or else flying(but with very diverse second types, like: charizard, salamence, aerodactyl, etc)
But i think we can expect most gym leaders will have 6th gen pokemon mainly

Id also love dark type for a gym

Author:   Dragoon
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 12:40pm (PST)
I took those pillars of Fire to be the Elite 4. Seems a bit grand for a gym.

Author:   Wally
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:04pm (PST)
Like the people above me, as long as they shake things up a bit and don't have the final gym leader use Dragon-type pokemon I wouldn't have any other complaints.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:06pm (PST)
quote Dragoon
That's what I thought, too. Or maybe some other sort of facility, but still too grand to be a gym.

Author:   bbb7002004
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:10pm (PST)
It's hard to say, since why would a gym have doors that big with no trainers or puzzles around.

I'll echo the Dark gym nomination, that's about all we have left that hasn't been done yet. As for other gyms, I think it would be an interesting twist to see some combo gyms, where the leader has one or two dual types and all the gym trainers have a mix of pokemon from both types. Would make things more interesting than just sending out whatever is super effective against the gym and wiping everyone out with that one pokemon.

Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:16pm (PST)
quote bond007106
quote Dragoon
That's what I thought, too. Or maybe some other sort of facility, but still too grand to be a gym.
You could very well be right but then the electric gym from Black and White 2 was quite extravagant what with the fashion show so perhaps it could be a similar thing, making the gym area match the personality of the gym leader. Still, I have to admit it does seem more likely to be the E4 with the design of it.

Author:   bond007106
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:23pm (PST)
quote CharleyFeyvolta
quote bond007106
quote Dragoon
You could very well be right but then the electric gym from Black and White 2 was quite extravagant what with the fashion show so perhaps it could be a similar thing, making the gym area match the personality of the gym leader. Still, I have to admit it does seem more likely to be the E4 with the design of it.
But a fashion show is quite different from a high-ceilinged chamber with massive gouts of fire rising from the ground.

Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:27pm (PST)
quote bond007106
quote CharleyFeyvolta
quote bond007106
quote Dragoon
But a fashion show is quite different from a high-ceilinged chamber with massive gouts of fire rising from the ground.
True, it is but both can be be your worst nightmare if you're not into those kinds of things.
In all honesty though, like I said - it does seem more likely to be the the E4 with the design of it.

Author:   Mudkip94
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:44pm (PST)
I would love to see a dark type gym. I don't think we ever had dark as a gym.

Author:   Swampasaur
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:50pm (PST)
As everyone already said. Dark. I think its the only type that hasn't had a gym leader.

I'd also love to see another ghost gym.

Author:   GameOver
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:50pm (PST)
quote Mudkip94
I would love to see a dark type gym. I don't think we ever had dark as a gym.
Nope. We never have.

Author:   CDS
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:53pm (PST)
Dark is a must to be a gym. But as people have said spice things up, what about a Gym full of Eeveelutions?
A range of types to make it hard, and not a dragon in sight. In fact, it would probably be hard enough to be the final gym, replacing the dragon type gym.

Author:   pokemon speedy
Date:   Jan 08, 13 at 1:54pm (PST)
If dark is indeed chosen what number should it be on? 8 seems justice to be me though I would take 7 or 6

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.