Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Razer mouse and keyboard. - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1738418-razer-mouse-keyboard/

Author:   valinrace
Date:   Jun 07, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
Subject:   Razer mouse and keyboard.
-------------------------------------------
Is Razer mouse and keyboard really worth buying?

Author:   Sonia ferdous
Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 11:37am (PST)
Subject:   re: Razer mouse and keyboard.
I have a Razer Death Adder and a Razer Black Widow. I have been a gamer for 4 years but I have never owned a mouse and keyboard as good as these.

Author:   techTHM
Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 12:21pm (PST)
They are good but they are expensive. I suggest you to buy something cheaper and spend the other money to new games:)

Author:   harbin
Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
TBH I have the MS Sidewinder Keyboard, and it does seem to be better on appearances than that Black Widow. The LEDs aren't my ideal colour but there is no choice with them, I'm stuck with red. My keyboard does have three banks for six macro keys, and separate media keys from the function keys.

Personally though, I do like the appearance of the Razer Naga mouse. I don't have a particularly bad one (it was cheap, but still a decent mouse), problem with buying mouses though is that I'd prefer one that fits my hand perfectly, yet they are hard to come by, or atleast difficult to judge how a mouse will fit your hand until you've opened it. The other thing is it says MMO optimised, not sure how that would work in other games, since I assume those buttons will come in handy.

The price is a sticking point for me though. This keyboard only cost about £35, which is a very good deal for me. The mouse itself costs £50 on Amazon, which is more than I spent on my mouse and keyboard together.

I'm sure they're good and worth it for hardcore gamers but I myself would look at other options first.

Author:   deeplove
Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 5:25am (PST)
I have a Razer Naga and I'm in a love/hate relationship with Razer. I love the mouse and the layout. The problem is the quality. The left button double clicks by it self. Read around the net and it's a common problem. I have a Cooler Master Sentinel and that's what I'm using now. It's not giving me any issues. I also have a Cooler Master quickfire mechanical keyboard. I love it.

It's all in preference but Razer is a bit expensive at times. I'm not looking to replace my Naga just because of the incident I had with it. The Sentinel is something I already had and it's lasted a little longer.

I'd like to try the Razer Mamba though. That looks like a great mouse. But again I'm a bit scared to pay that premium and have it fail in less than a year like the Naga did.

Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 9:58am (PST)
Thanks for the help and your opinion guys. But I think I will buy Razor Naga though but it will took me a month before I can buy them.

If some members will still suggest a different brand or kind of mouse, maybe you can still change my mind before I buy them. hahahaha I am really still looking for a good brand of mouse because I am really a hard core gamer.

Author:   Forhad
Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
I am personally never going to buy any Razer product again since I've found higher quality parts among other brands.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Jun 14, 12 at 9:35am (PST)
I don't mind Razer but I tend to lean toward Logitech a lot of the time for my mouse and it's still an ongoing hunt for a different keyboard, I did like my Everglide DKTBoard though so maybe I'll try to hunt something similar down again. I was using the Auravision Illuminix or whatnot for years which was cool until the backlight cooked the whole keyboard when it died.

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 7:56am (PST)
forhad

Why what other brands did you found? can you name those brands?

vegitax2

How did it cooked the whole keyboard?

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 8:12am (PST)
The whole package was pretty sensitive, the board that controls the backlight also controls the input from the keys. When it died the whole thing went with it.

Date:   Jun 25, 12 at 8:14am (PST)
quote VeGiTAX2
The whole package was pretty sensitive, the board that controls the backlight also controls the input from the keys. When it died the whole thing went with it.
I did not know it was possible to happen.

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 2:02am (PST)
quote valinrace
forhad

vegitax2

Do you want to buy other brand mouse and keyboard?

Date:   Jun 26, 12 at 9:07am (PST)
quote Forhad
quote valinrace
forhad

vegitax2

It depends if I will like the other brands you will suggest sir. because I am still gathering some info's

Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 9:16am (PST)
quote valinrace
quote Forhad
quote valinrace
forhad

vegitax2

It depends if I will like the other brands you will suggest sir. because I am still gathering some info's
You can check Vengeance mouse and keyboard.

Author:   ashantiqua
Date:   Jun 27, 12 at 11:18am (PST)
i have a deathadder black edition mouse... pretty good.

great sensitivity and accuracy, awesome low friction pads, enough buttons for me... only quality issue is the wheel, just doesnt feel too solid; works fine though.

other than that, the deathadder seems like it was engineered for people who use their palms primarily to move a mouse... not my cup of tea, and ive subconsciously worked around it

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.