Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Razer DeathAdder Problems - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/17/t1261586-razer-deathadder-problems/

Author:   jrgcool35
Date:   Nov 11, 08 at 1:29am (PST)
Subject:   Razer DeathAdder Problems
-------------------------------------------
Well, I have been using my Razer DeathAdder for about 5-6 Months now, and I think it's starting to die. The mouse was bought brand new, and I am now experiencing problems where the click is sometimes not responding. I would left click and nothing would happen, I would have to keep clicking until it actually responds. I don't know if this is hardware or driver related, if this is hardware related I have to say Razer this was the biggest waste of $60 and I will never ever buy a product from you again.

EDIT: It seems the old school method, of blowing into the side of the mouse, temporarily fixes the problem. Help would be nice though.

Author:   Raijin1999
Date:   Nov 11, 08 at 3:14pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Razer DeathAdder Problems
Is the product under warranty?

Date:   Nov 11, 08 at 6:49pm (PST)
quote Raijin1999
Is the product under warranty?
Yes, I believe so, but if I do get a new one I am going to sell it on ebay and buy a decent logitech mouse that won't break on me in a few months.

Author:   VeGiTAX2
Date:   Nov 15, 08 at 2:07am (PST)
Strange issue honestly, we reviewed the Deathadder shortly after it debuted and to this day it works fine without any jamming, I would have to wonder if it's some strange build up under the mouse or around the edges?

It seems really odd, maybe update the driver / firmware on it? My first guess if blowing worked would be to use compressed air inside it to clean it out since the only thing I can kind of associate it to is a keyboard where the cup isn't able to make a full press on the membrane.

Date:   Nov 18, 08 at 1:16pm (PST)
quote VeGiTAX2
Strange issue honestly, we reviewed the Deathadder shortly after it debuted and to this day it works fine without any jamming, I would have to wonder if it's some strange build up under the mouse or around the edges?

It seems really odd, maybe update the driver / firmware on it? My first guess if blowing worked would be to use compressed air inside it to clean it out since the only thing I can kind of associate it to is a keyboard where the cup isn't able to make a full press on the membrane.
Ok I'll try that we have an air compressor in our garage. Thanks.

Author:   Nu Wa Rocks
Date:   Nov 19, 08 at 7:15pm (PST)
also, possibly you might have a defective mouse. Just return it and get a replacement.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.