Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Past Mystery Dungeon Games - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59353/t1817376-past-mystery-dungeon-games/

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:01pm (PST)
Subject:   Past Mystery Dungeon Games
-------------------------------------------
Well I figured that since activity here is getting low because of the lack of news for the game, I should do something about it. :3

What was your favorite past PMD game, and why? It couldve been the music, the Pokémon, the Dungeons, the setup, anything. :3

I gotta say, I loved PMD: Explorers of Darkness, for almost all of the above. The dungeons were awesome, the playable Pokémon were cool, the music was sweet, and the story... The story was just downright amazing. x3

What was your guys' favorite?

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:04pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Past Mystery Dungeon Games

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:05pm (PST)
I really loved Explorer's of Sky basically for all the extras it added from EoT and EoD, but I'd say I still love EoT a tad more. I've put a lot of work into that game (like trying to train my perfect team, collecting the Seven Treasures etc.). And I got to be an awesome Snorlax. <3

I will say about BRT that I didn't enjoy it as much, as I still haven't finished it. I am terrible with dungeons that have heeeeeaps of floors, so there's that dungeon with the Regi's in it that I can't get past so I've sorta rage quit on that. ;__;

Author:   Stardust Dragon
Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:13pm (PST)
I've got to say Explorers Of Sky as well
The music in the game was really enjoyable and all the legendary Pokemon up to Gen 4 made the game a bit interesting due to more challenges being available.
Also, the extremely hard dungeons made the game challenging.
BRT makes a player have limited amounts of Pokemon and I like recruiting every Pokemon that wants to join so I hated the game for that reason.

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:19pm (PST)

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:33pm (PST)
Lol yeah wrong game Kubrick. B| I thought finding the Unown keys was fun though, frustrating but.

But yeah the one I was talking about is 99 floors iirc, and I really can't do dungeons like that. xD

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 10:40pm (PST)

Date:   Jan 12, 13 at 11:05pm (PST)
quote Kubrick
    I did that dungeon :3

I was so proud of myself mhm. <3

I tried to do it once after a long while, died, was like 'LOLNOPE' *ragequit*. The rest after that seemed interesting from what I read. >:

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 10:45am (PST)
I loved Explorers of the Sky the best. Story was awesome, music was awesome, and all the extra little features were cool too. :3

Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 10:47am (PST)
quote squiggle bath
I will say about BRT that I didn't enjoy it as much, as I still haven't finished it. I am terrible with dungeons that have heeeeeaps of floors, so there's that dungeon with the Regi's in it that I can't get past so I've sorta rage quit on that. ;__;
I know what you mean, BRT was a lot harder than EoD/T/S, but I did like some things better in BRT, like the post game, and the majority of the music. :3

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 11:01am (PST)
quote Sigma
quote squiggle bath
I know what you mean, BRT was a lot harder than EoD/T/S, but I did like some things better in BRT, like the post game, and the majority of the music. :3
I remember going back and playing BRT one day and then comparing the music to the Explorers games thinking they were mostly the same...

It sounded like R/B/Y compared to B2/W2 in terms of quality tbh. xD

Author:   ShinyMilotic
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 4:16pm (PST)
EoD was really good, but Red Rescue Team is so nostalgic for me since I unexpectedly got it for Christmas and the story was so good, and emotional at the end. I will always remember my Treecko, Skitty and Milotic team!

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 4:36pm (PST)
Rescue Team for the plot not making me cringe as much and because overall it was just a lot more polished. Like, actually sleeping when you evolve and not walking in place all night long.

EoS was probably the factual best. At the very least, it was above the other two Explorers games.

Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 9:01pm (PST)
Oh yeah, which reminds me. I hated how at the end of the rescue teams, your partner just becomes another teammate. Like, what happened to the whole bond you shared with your partner and everything? Its like he suddenly just turns into one of them. It made me sad seeing that.

Date:   Jan 13, 13 at 11:40pm (PST)
quote Sigma
Oh yeah, which reminds me. I hated how at the end of the rescue teams, your partner just becomes another teammate. Like, what happened to the whole bond you shared with your partner and everything? Its like he suddenly just turns into one of them. It made me sad seeing that.
Ugh I reckon, I was sorta annoyed with that. xD But I guess that same thing can be said about changing your team leader as well (which I've probably done about once or twice).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.