Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Playable Pokémon - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59353/t1760293-playable-pok-mon/3.htm

Author:   Sigma
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 9:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Playable Pokémon
-------------------------------------------
    I feel like if they didn't bring back older Pokémon it would be a mistake on Nintendo's part. I mean, I don't even think there would be enough Pokémon from Generation V alone to be starters.
    SigEdit: Besides Pikachu.

Author:   Team Hydro Aura
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 2:02pm (PST)
so I AM going to have to change my name
If those are the only starters, I have NO idea who I'd pick. Probably Snivvies, or just go with whatever the personality test nets me. Here's to hoping they bring back 'mons from previous generations. Especially Riolu. <3

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 6:55pm (PST)
quote Team Hydro Aura
Especially Riolu. <3
I'd love it if they brought back Riolu too. Only because he evolves into my favorite Pokemon.

Author:   Squiggle
Date:   Sep 17, 12 at 11:13pm (PST)
It would be cool if they brought back the older Pokémon, cause yeah it isn't really much choice. I'd like to be more individual/unique, y'know? B|

Author:   Chaos Team
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
quote squiggle bath
It would be cool if they brought back the older Pokémon, cause yeah it isn't really much choice. I'd like to be more individual/unique, y'know? B|
Just because you want Togekiss? :3

But yeah including all the pokemon is just good for any game because it gives you so much diversity. And it also makes for a huge guidebook like my one for EoS. XD But there's a lot they can do with more pokemon since it's PMD and not a different side game.

Author:   Phi
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:01am (PST)
    Am I the only one who likes starting with someone new each time? x3
    I did a run through or BRT with Bulbasaur and Mudkip and a run through or EOD with Bulbasaur and Mudkip and it just wasn't as fun as choosing new characters.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:14am (PST)
quote Phi
    I did a run through or BRT with Bulbasaur and Mudkip and a run through or EOD with Bulbasaur and Mudkip and it just wasn't as fun as choosing new characters.

I actually think playing as Cyndaquil in each game has helped me to enjoy the games more, somehow. xD And same with Treecko as the partner in Time and Sky. You kinda can get attached and develop a story for them and stuff. :3

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:29am (PST)
Well if we can have multiple files, I'd use one to play as Cyndaquil and the other to mix it up with other Pokemon. I'm use to using Cyndaquil but I would love to try new Pokemon as well.

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:29am (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote squiggle bath

Well I didn't really mean that, I was more thinking the starters like from the older games.

Though I agree with Phi, it's fun to mix it up each time. ;o

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:36am (PST)
quote squiggle bath
quote Chaos Team

Well I didn't really mean that, I was more thinking the starters like from the older games.
I didn't really mean that either. It was a joke that I thought you might smile at.

And anyway, I would obviously want starters from older gens too...

Date:   Sep 18, 12 at 4:39am (PST)
Mmkay well I didn't know that.

I actually want a chance to use Squirtle. If older starters are included I so want him as my partner.

Author:   Kubrick
Date:   Sep 19, 12 at 11:31pm (PST)

Author:   Phi
Date:   Sep 20, 12 at 9:49am (PST)
quote Chaos Team
quote Phi

I actually think playing as Cyndaquil in each game has helped me to enjoy the games more, somehow. xD And same with Treecko as the partner in Time and Sky. You kinda can get attached and develop a story for them and stuff. :3

My attachment means I won't restart games not that I use them over and over again.

Author:   Harceru
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 2:10pm (PST)
I'd be sad if they didn't add previous Gen Pokemon. I wanna be a Mudkip partnered with a Treecko again. D:

Author:   DominicS
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 11:06am (PST)
PLEASE SOME ONE ANSWER TO THIS POST!

I'm really confised cause in the trailer it clearly shows that you can choose between ALL 5 known pokemon for something (i can't understand japanese so i dont know if ur choosing for starter or partner.) But i have a difficult time believing they're just gonna let you choose your starter and it can't be the partner choices because they would only show the four remaing pokemon right? (ie you cant have pikachu for ur starter and partner)
So basically i think we either have more starter choices and only 5 partners, OR the speculation about the camera scanning to find out who you are is wrong and you just choose all both pokemon.
Please tell me what you think of these theories or if im just completely off thanx!

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.