Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: American McGee goes to Kickstarter to fund his free-to-play ARPG Akaneiro: Demon Hunters - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59299/t1813702-american-mcgee-goes-to-kickstarter-to-fund-his-free-to-play-arpg-akaneiro-demon-hunters/

Author:   bluexy
Date:   Jan 04, 13 at 4:37pm (PST)
Subject:   American McGee goes to Kickstarter to fund his free-to-play ARPG Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
-------------------------------------------
[[news:21834]]

Author:   Shadow of Death
Date:   Jan 04, 13 at 5:45pm (PST)
Subject:   re: American McGee goes to Kickstarter to fund his free-to-play ARPG Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Decided to back it. I'll get the game on PC (It's F2P), and also on Android (just because) if it makes it.

I like the look of the Singularity pet, but I can't justify the cost to get it, and the other bonuses at that tier. So I settled for the $30 tier which nets me the soundtrack (generally I try to get at least that + the game itself of course, out of game Kickstarters), the golden pet, among other things. It's just too big a jump to get the next highest tier though.

As it is, I shouldn't be spending so much money on Kickstarter XD

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 9:49am (PST)
Subject:   re: American McGee goes to Kickstarter to fund his free-to-play ARPG Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Oh dear, 10 days to go and it's barely half-way to its goal. I'm tempted to add another $135 for bonus lewt and stuff (on top of my $70), damned international shipping and all.

Maybe a new article to give it a bit of a push?

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 9:55am (PST)
Shadow of Death I'll try and put something together, maybe later this week? I have a feeling the game will be fine without the Kickstart, as it was already approved via Steam Greenlight and is apparently doing pretty well in its open beta.

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 10:12am (PST)
quote bluexy
Shadow of Death I'll try and put something together, maybe later this week? I have a feeling the game will be fine without the Kickstart, as it was already approved via Steam Greenlight and is apparently doing pretty well in its open beta.
Alright, but I would like the Kickstarter to be a success too. It should improve the game significantly, whilst at the same time offering backers some really nice stuff.

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 10:25am (PST)
Shadow of Death I think so too!

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 6:30pm (PST)
Oh yeah, one specific thing they want people to spread the word about is Linux support. This article didn't mention that (I think it was a feature they added to the Kickstarter after the fact).

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.