Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Everyone has one - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59286/t1802319-everyone-has-one/

Author:   Modiga
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:21am (PST)
Subject:   Everyone has one
-------------------------------------------
Everyone has that one player who the scouts and attributes say isn't as good as the rest of the team but seems to always play really well. With my Cuiaba side, I have a right winger called Heider, who my staff only rate as a 2 star player. Since coming into the side last season due to injury he's forced his way into the first team. Now he's a key player for me and the captain of the team, while still being only rated 2 star. Become part of an interchanging front four that score a tonne of goals and assist each other. Had it last year with my Liverpool team and Ryan Tunnicliffe as well, he seemed to always play well for them, even though he was rated only 2 star.

Anyone else had similar experiences with a player?

Author:   SaundersToon21
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:38am (PST)
Subject:   re: Everyone has one
Gabriel Obertan for me, coaches only rate him as 2* but whenever he plays he is godlike, only has 12 for crossing, but pops up with assists all the time!

Author:   RVD1000
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:51am (PST)
Simone Romagnoli/Luca Caldirola depending on which side of Milan I'm managing. Both good CB's who my assistant's have never rated very highly.

Author:   Ghetto Prince
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 4:35am (PST)
It happens with regens all the time, for me at least, I usually go by stats an if they play well they stay in the side.

Author:   ToonUltra
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
Sylvain Marveaux was one for Newcastle. I played him in an attacking midfielder role (alternating between AML and AMC) and he scored about 12 goals and about 6-7 assists in the first season.

Author:   RAT_Dave
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:03pm (PST)
Jonny Evans. **1/2, yet had an average rating of 7.9 last season. Where I comically got 85 points and finished 4th. I hate this game.

Author:   LegendOfNufc
Date:   Dec 07, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
I moved from Fulham to Man Utd cos they had a massive budget and this regen, he is rated 1.5* current abilityers was my first signing from Boca Juniors, he was called Hugo Romano and he is actually really good, forcing out a few big players

Author:   DragonAndLance
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 2:42am (PST)
Andrea Poli..

Overall rating of atleast 7.20 every season, atleast two goals and 5 assists every season (peaking at 5 goals and 15 assists) over 5 seasons

and Anderson..

Atleast 10 goals, and 10 assists for 3 season with an average of atleast 7.50 over 3 seasons

Both said to be between 2 and a half stars to 3.

they are also both favourites at the club.

Author:   RVD1000
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:17am (PST)
quote RAT_Dave
Jonny Evans. **1/2, yet had an average rating of 7.9 last season. Where I comically got 85 points and finished 4th. I hate this game.
That's terribly unlucky, I've won titles with fewer points than that.

Author:   RAT_Dave
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:35am (PST)
quote RVD1000
quote RAT_Dave
That's terribly unlucky, I've won titles with fewer points than that.

Precisely.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 3:55am (PST)
in the Youth Academy Challenge i had a striker in my Under 18 side at the start who had 3 for finishing but due to an injury crisis i had to play him.

he scored 32 goals in 28 games. and now has 173 goals in 217 games since then.

Author:   blueboy123
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 1:07pm (PST)
I had Kieran Mcalla at West Brom. I had much better players but I had an injury crisis so promoted him from the reserves and he performed amazingly well and ended up being 1st team for a few seasons

Author:   kgm
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 6:22pm (PST)
I have had a few but none as the good as the ones in here

Author:   constantplanck
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 7:14pm (PST)
It's funny because your scouts and ass man can only tell you how good a players CA and PA are, not how well their stat distribution will make them play so you always have to trust your eyes.

For my Luverdense squad I have a right back named Regis that my ass man keeps trying to get me to drop but he's second on my squad in avg rating and assists so I will just keep playing him, thank you very much.

Author:   Severance
Date:   Dec 08, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
For me it was Fabian Delph on last year's for my Liverpool team. Coaches didn't rate him massively but he was one of our most consistent performers and created so many chances it was unbelievable.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.