Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Story Of Your Season and Career - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59286/t1788076-story-of-your-season-career/

Author:   LeytonOrientForever
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 5:17am (PST)
Subject:   Story Of Your Season and Career
-------------------------------------------
Last Year

I have decided to open one of the more popular threads from previous years. The Story Of Your Season and Career thread! Basically, in this thread you can write yearly updates on how you are going with your save, especially if you don't want to open a Story. This is also a good place, as I used this last year, to get inspiration from other for who you may want to start as in future saves.

Let's get rolling.

Date:   Nov 22, 12 at 5:27am (PST)
Subject:   re: Story Of Your Season and Career

FC Krymteplytsia Molodizhne 2012-2013

Started the Unemployment Challenge and the first job I accepted was at FC Krymteplytsia Molodizhne who play in the Ukraine First League. A team whose players I did not know, I relied on my assistant to tell me how good my players were.

My Transfers

I felt I had a good transfer window, spending no money and buying players who would be key in the future. All players apart from Alozi and Opara played over 30 games during the seaon, Alozi signing later in the year and Opara having home sickness issues.

Opara had a decent season, he signed for a free and scored quickly on, soon becoming a fan's favourite. However, in November, he had some home-sickness issues and spent several months away only to come back to the club during the long winter break, where he promptly requested a transfer, citing a lack of first team football. He eventually wanted that request withdrawn and came back to the side but only as a limited player because of Michael Alozi filling his spot.

Another Nigerian striker. He started at the league leaders but lost his place. With the troubles with Opara, and having a lack of strikers, he came in as an emergency loan and delivered instantly, scoring several times in his first few games. He quietened down towards the end of the season but worth it.

A now regular for Montenegro National Team, Markovic is a central midfielder who joined on a free and became an absolute regular, quickly cementing his place. His highly consistent performances made him a key player.

Ukranian Cup

Not much to say, a hugely disappointing run. We were dominated against the Non League team and it cost us dearly and the fans were not happy.

The League

A great season, which started very well. A good run put us near the top, but the top spot ran away from us in the middle of the year when we had several draws and losses. The race for second, the last promotion spot, left too when a couple of losses left us with a big marging to cover and although we won a few at the end, Obolon held on.

Key Players

Igor Tymchenko, a striker who reallky saved us from trouble and was our top scorer with 16 goals. He scored whilst other strikers messed about and was a great player.

A defender who was voted fan's player of the year and would be mine too. A consistent, always available player who really helped our leaky defence.

WHERE NEXT?

After we missed out on promotion, I left to join Fleetwood Town, a transfer budget being their big attraction. I may come back to Ukraine though, because of their four substitutions rule

LOF

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 10:37am (PST)
Anyone got any season's?

Author:   Cowdenbeath rule
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 12:49pm (PST)
Glad to see this on the main forum. I'll have a season up tomorrow.

I loved reading this last year and contributing myself.

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 4:20pm (PST)

Started the season season knowing we had to improve on a poor showing last year which saw us finish way down the table and in the bottom half. We shaked up the teams look both in August and January with many big names coming to the club. The first big player to arrive was Sokratis Papastathopoulos who came in for £10.25 million. Another big name from France came to us as Guillaume Hoarau joined us for free from PSG after a season of no football after struggling to get game time behind Ibrahimovic and others. Another PSG player arrived, this time on loan as Jean-Christophe Bahebeck signed on to help on the left hand side. As for the departures, Steven Taylor left for QPR in a deal worth £6.75 million and Gabriel Obertan left to join French champions Marseille for £3.9 million. Shinj Okazaki left just a season after arriving in Newcastle as he made his way to Derby for a sum of £3 million. Dennis Aogo joined from Manchester United in August for £3.5 million but in January he was at a different club as he failed to settle in, the German went back to HSV for £3.6 million. Papiss Cisse was one of the last players to leave Newcastle during the season as he moved away to Portugal for a fee of £23 million after a less than impressive 18 months in Newcastle. With the money from the Cisse deal, Newcastle decided to sign one more player with Diego Renan signing on the dotted line for a fee of £12 million however, Renan will not join up with the squad till late June as he arrives after the end of the English League season.

Newcastle were eliminated from both cups fairly early on with Reading getting the better of them in the FA Cup and West Brom squeezing past in the Capital One Cup. Despite this, league form was very different for Newcastle and in December, they found themselves in a top three position. Poor form kicked in however, and a run of 8 games without a win in the premier league saw the Toon drop to 10th in the table. In a season of mixed fortunes, Newcastle then battled back and went 9 games unbeaten with 6 wins and 3 draws as they leapt up the table and back into European contention. A minor blip to Sunderland was rectified after a smasing 5-3 victory over Chelsea where Guillaume Hoarau scored his third hattrick in the Premier League. A loss to Bolton was then followed up by two draws as Newcastle, Liveprool and Stoke battled it out for the last two Europa League spots. Going into the penultimate matchday, a win for Newcastle would guarentee themselves a spot in Europe for the coming season but they were shown up by a rampant Manchester United side who came out as 5-1 winners and tied up the League title after getting the better of Manchester City. The last match of the season was against Stoke who were three points, and potentially a lot of money ahead in 6th place. A great 4-1 victory saw Newcastle leapfrog Stoke into 6th place on goal difference after they thumped them in the last match day to earn a place in the Europa League, just three points ahead of Liverpool who ended with nothing.

There were many key players for the season, but the single player that outshone everybody was Guillaume Hoarau who arrived on a free transfer from PSG in the summer. Hoarau kicking into life early on in Newcastle with a shed load of goals in his first few appearances and he was soon top of the goal scoring charts in the Premier league because of this. A French call-up wasn't on the cards though with Hoarau not even getting a sniff of the National team. Despite this, Hoarau kept plugging away and kept scoring goals for fun and he was the only person who looked like rivalling Emmanuel Adebayor for the golden boot in the EPL. Finally, after his hattrick against Chelsea, and with only a few matches to go before the end of the season, there was talk of Hoarau being added to the French squad for the 2014 World Cup. Sure enough, on the 14th May, these rumours were true and he was a part of the 23 strong conditional squad along with teammate Yohan Cabaye. Ten days later though, he was cut from the squad but this didn't detract from a splendid all round season in which he was selected for the EPL Team of the Season alongside top goal scorer, Adebayor.

Yohan Cabaye was one of the few consistent players for Newcastle this year as he cemented his place not only in the Newcastle midfield, but also in the French midfield alongside Yann M'Villa. 16 assists throughout the season gave him great recognition amongst other teams with Arsenal and Tottenham all vying for his signature. It seems that Cabaye is content to stay at Newcastle and he has two years remaining on his contract so it could be very likely that Cabaye sees out the rest of his career with the Magpies.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos had a fantastic first season with us with super ratings in the majority of his matches. 3 goals over the duration of the season showed that his awareness and power in the box was second to none. 4 MOTM awards saw him become a regular in the Newcastle defence alongside Fabricio Coloccini, His performances throughout the season has easily justified the £10.25 million price tag that was set upon him when he was purchased from Werder Bremen.

Our transfers for the coming season:

No significant transfers that are missing so don't worry. Renan has come in to be first choice RB and Benteke arrived for a cheap price because Villa just weren't playing him, which is strange as he looks very good. Dunga and Junior are both regen DCs who look to have bright futures and Essien and Gourcuff are purely back-up although I can sign the latter for £2 million at any time.

With them transfers in mind, this is how I'm lining up this season:

As you can see, I have a slight dilemma as my formation is a bit uneven but Ben Arfa is not a player I can miss out of my squad. It also looks very defensive but it plays pretty forward and attacking most of the time with Cabaye playing pretty much AMC, MC and DMC all match.

If anybody would like any SS' then just ask.

Author:   berglufc
Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 4:30pm (PST)
Just started as Southampton so will have do a update when I get to January

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 4:34pm (PST)
Didn't want to put this in the same post as my update but..

LeytonOrientForever

Very nice update. Unique choice of team too but it seems like you did pretty well with them to say you didn't get promotion. Fleetwood will be a challenge though. Will you try and bring any players from Ukraine with you to Fleetwood?

Date:   Jan 23, 13 at 9:55pm (PST)
quote Pro King
Didn't want to put this in the same post as my update but..

LeytonOrientForever

Very nice update. Unique choice of team too but it seems like you did pretty well with them to say you didn't get promotion. Fleetwood will be a challenge though. Will you try and bring any players from Ukraine with you to Fleetwood?
Unfortunately, I lost the save as this was a while ago. Currently in the latter stages of second season, started with Amateur team in New Zealand Waitekere United, and now at Orient.

I will post an update.

Date:   Jan 24, 13 at 8:41am (PST)

I had no idea..Probably should've looked at the date though. ¬__¬

Author:   nufcfan
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 2:15am (PST)
1st season was fantastic but so close to 100 :/

Great 2nd season and im going to push for promotion next season

Author:   D3structor
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 5:11am (PST)
Guys does it matter if mine is an FMC story?

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 6:14am (PST)
quote D3structor
Guys does it matter if mine is an FMC story?
No, not at all

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 6:17am (PST)
Cheers LeytonOrientForever will start on it

Author:   FootballManagerBoy
Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 8:19am (PST)
quote D3structor
Who are you going to be

When I finish season with Arsenal I'll do one.

Date:   Jan 26, 13 at 9:32am (PST)
quote FootballManagerBoy
quote D3structor
Who are you going to be

When I finish season with Arsenal I'll do one.
i already have started it and finished the first season, i am hearts

good luck.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.