Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 17 - DUSSELDORF UPDATE POSTED - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59286/t1786047-borussia-dortmund-die-schwarzgelben-angriff-bundesliga-matchday-17-dusseldorf-update-posted/

Author:   ciaranod7
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 9:12am (PST)
Subject:   BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 17 - DUSSELDORF UPDATE POSTED
-------------------------------------------
BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF

Dortmund will begin the defence of their Bundesliga championship without the man who lead them to the club’s first domestic double. The news has come as a shock to many in the German city after such a successful season for the club, which saw them break numerous records; including the record for most point collected in a single season with 81 and longest undefeated run in the Bundesliga with 28 matches, breaking Bayern Munich's previous record of 25 matches.

In a statement released by the club's General Manager Hans-Joachim Watzke, the club was quick to dismiss the rumours that Klopp had been having disagreements with the club following the departure of playmaker Shinji Kagawa, the man who secured the club's back to back championship success last turn with his goal against Borussia Monchengladbach, as well as how they would spend the funds. Watzke stated, "That club and Jürgen have come to the mutual understanding that, for the betterment of the club and the fans, it is time to call an end to our working relationship. Jürgen has wished the club nothing but the best and the club also extend the same wishes toward a man who has lead our illustrious club to much success over the past few years."

Dortmund are now on the hunt for a new head coach but Watzke refused to be drawn on any early speculation as to who will take over from Klopp but wanted to find the most suitable candidate for the job. "Dortmund and it's fans, over the past few years, come to expect a certain level of success from it's team and we need to find a coach that will reflect that high expectation. We will, however, not be drawn into any media speculation on who will replace Jürgen going forward." Die Schwarzgelben are looking to continue their domestic dominance while looking to make a successful run in the UEFA Champions League, where they failed to advance beyond the Group Stages last term. Needless to say, the new coach, who will have to earn the approval of the passionate home support, is going to have a tough task ahead of him.

Did the sale of Shinji Kagawa bring about
the end of Jürgen Klopp's reign at Dortmund?

Author:   Jakeyd
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 4:10pm (PST)
Subject:   BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF
Nice little start, like the club and I like the layout so far, will be reading from here

Date:   Nov 05, 12 at 4:33pm (PST)
Subject:   re: BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 17 - DUSSELDORF UPDATE POSTED

CLUB ACHIEVEMENTS
League Championships
2012/2013 - In Progress - Currently in First Place

Domestic Trophies
2012/2013 Season
- DFB-Pokal - In Progress (Third round)
- DFL-Supercup - Runners Up (Penalty defeat to Bayern Munich)

European Trophies
2012/2013 Season
- UEFA Champions League - Progress (Last Sixteen vs Celtic)

MANAGERIAL ACHIEVEMENTS
July 14th 2012 - Appointed Dortmund Manager

Author:   Cowdenbeath rule
Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
Good to see another Bundesliga story a very fun and competitive league to play in.

I'll be reading mate

Date:   Nov 06, 12 at 7:48am (PST)
quote Cowdenbeath rule
Good to see another Bundesliga story a very fun and competitive league to play in.

I'll be reading mate
Thanks mate. Big fan of the Germans top league at the minute, some great players there...was never this exciting when I was living there =/ Anyway, update will be coming either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 8:21am (PST)
Will have an update up today at some point. Uni decided to be a bitch this week. Lesson, never trust your teammates in Uni, boys and girls

Date:   Nov 08, 12 at 11:15am (PST)
Subject:   re: BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - BUNDESLIGA MATCHDAY 17 - DUSSELDORF UPDATE POSTED

Fans of the German Champions were shocked to hear that the unknown Scot was named as their new head coach and, in the hours since the announcement, have been at the centre of protests outside the Westfalenstadion. Many have called the board's decision to appoint O'Donnell a joke and an insult to the lineage of the club that is looking to maintain their dominance in the Bundesliga while others have questioned the club's ambition to succeed by bringing in a manager with no record at the highest level.

At the press conference, O'Donnell, who was sat with General Manager Hans-Joachim Watzke and a translator, was quick to dismiss any fears that the fans may have about his appointment. O'Donnell stated, "Like the Dortmund support, I am a football fan. I understand the fear and scepticism that comes with appointing a manager that has little experience, let alone one you've never heard of. I know well that many will not take my words into account but I not only expect this club to succeed but I vow to continue it's grand history of success. That starts this season with the defence of the Bundesliga championship." Expanding on the statement, O'Donnell was quick to reassure fans that retaining their league crown was the most realistic target for them to achieve, "I don't think we're overshooting the mark, I believe anything less than the championship isn't good enough. Jürgen Klopp has worked to build a team of young, talented players, the majority of them from Germany I will add, why shouldn't we aim to continue to build on his success?"

General Manager Watzke echoed O'Donnell's statements, stating that it was the thirty year old Scot's drive, motivation and determination not to settle for merely continental qualification that tipped the odds in his favour during the selection process. "What we have here, is a young man who's vision for Dortmund matches that of the club. a number of candidates we interviewed didn't show what Ciaran showed as they wished merely to obtain a place in next season's UEFA Champions League. Ciaran, after being shown round our facilities and was given a background on the staff here, believed that this was the minimum standard and the league, for a club like Dortmund and it's fans, was the true prize." The first task for the new manager is a Super Cup tie against last season's closest rivals Bayern Munich and it's a tie that O'Donnell is certainly going to savour. "Bayern is a club that Dortmund have a lot of history with from the last few years and are certainly our closest rivals in terms of challenging for the title. Winning the game will, not only give me a chance to assess the squad in depth but, also present me the opportunity to gauge where the club is so we can improve over the season ahead."

It was always believed that the new manager would have a tough task in trying to win over the Dortmund fans but O'Donnell, unproven and untested, certainly has an uphill climb and, despite the protests, many will be hoping the Scot will go about proving them wrong.

Angry protesters in Dortmund as fans
voice their anger at Ciaran O'Donnell's appointment

Date:   Nov 09, 12 at 6:19pm (PST)

Borussia Dortmund's rookie manager spoke of the need for patience from the Dortmund fans after watching his team round off the final preparations for the new Bundesliga season with a victory in the DFB-Pokal over Bayreuth with a 3-1 victory over the part timers. Still, at the post-match press conference, the Scot showed some irritation when asked what went wrong against Munich in the DFB-Supercup. "Many of the players lacked match fitness following the European Championships. Those that were in Poland and Ukraine weren't even involved in the games leading to the game with Bayern. To have asked for a performance like in the final last season is absurd. Today, the team showed that they were back on track. These things take time."

The game in question was one that Bayern Munich dominated from the outset, for very long stretches and one that the champions never seemed to get started in. As O'Donnell sat in the dugouts of the Allianz-Arena for his first match, he couldn't have wished for a worse start to his reign as the ever devastating Arjen Robben scored with a lob over the helpless Robert Weidenfella in the Dortmund goal. The Dutch master found space and outpaced every Dortmund player around him in a goal that O'Donnell will remember for all the wrong reasons after 20 minutes but things soon got worse. Jakub Blaszczykowski's misplace pass was the instrument for Bayern's second which saw Bastian Schweinstieger looking to make amends for Bayern's Champions League defeat to Chelsea at Dortmund's expense as he slammed home for the second just ten minutes later. Things looked bleak for Dortmund but the ever lethal Robert Lewandowski made the game a contest once again on the verge of half time. The Polish international found space and beat Bayern's defensive wall to hit the ball low past Manuel Neuer and made the half time team talk easier for O'Donnell. Both sides were evenly matched after the break until 12 minutes from time, Blaszcyzkowski making up for his earlier mistake to score the equalizer but with neither side managing to secure victory, penalties were needed and, Bayern made sure the defeat to Chelsea wasn't repeated. When Lewandowski missed the penalty that would have put Dortmund back on level terms following a miss from Ivan Perisic, Robben scored the decisive spot kick and secured Munich the cup.

After the game, O'Donnell was quick to praise the players for their tenacity and their drive to come back even in the face of defeat, comments he echoed following goals from Robert Lewandowski, Ivan Perisic and Filipe Santana. "Things were never going to be easy with Munich as our first game. Never. They haven't had to see a new manager come in, bring their ideas in and tried to mesh together. They've come back with the same manager and pressed on. We don't have this luxury. We play Munich again in the season in a couple weeks time and I can assure the Dortmund fans, lightning will not strike twice." Dortmund, however, kick off the season away to Furth next weekend.

Robben's goal and penalty put an end to Ciaran O'Donnell's
hopes of a successful start to his Dortmund career.

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 6:58am (PST)
Subject:   BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - THE SEASON BEGINS

Dortmund kicked off their season with an unconvincing win, one that given the control the champions had during the game they should have won by more. It took a goal from Robert Lewandowski to give his side the win, a week before they face championship rivals Bayern Munich in the league, only two weeks into the season, a match that manager Ciaran O'Donnell is relishing, "After losing the DFB-Supercup, the team is more than up for the visit of Bayern. We've watched the tapes of the game and I think it's safe to say we won't get caught short again."

Borussia go into the game having dominated in their game against Furth but with a lack of cutting edge from many of their players, had very little to show for it. New signing Marco Reus saw several set piece attempts go wide of their mark, as well as seeing his new team mates unable to connect with his corners to strike a blow. Dortmund's defence was solid throughout, never finding itself troubled and Robert Weidenfella found himself with very little to do during the ninety minutes. O'Donnell's side threatened constantly but a combination of lax finishing and an inspired display by Max Grun in the Furth goal denied their impressive front line until just before the hour mark when Marco Reus' cross was hit first time by Lewandowski, a goal well worth the wait as Grun had frustrated the Polish striker for most of the game. When asked about the lack of clinical finishing, O'Donnell waved off suggestions that his team would struggle next weekend. "You're judging us on the first game of the season, against a tricky team? Hardly seems far does it? Should we have won by more? Of course we should, that's what people expect from us but that's not real life is it. The team played well, we'll take positives from that.

Munich on the other hand, had no trouble finishing as they walked over Stuttgart at the Allianz-Arena. Doubles from Thomas Muller and Claudio Pizzaro four goals in a 6-1 thrashing but Dortmund's manager wasn't overly concerned. "Nothing against Stuttgart but we're not them, we're Borussia Dortmund, international recognised defenders in our team, I have no doubt we can keep Bayern at bay next week." Todays win comes days before the end of the transfer window, one where Dortmund have been quiet but reports linking the Bundesliga champions with a move for Manchester City's Aleksander Kolarov have been swirling for several days, "I'd not rule it out" was O'Donnell's response, as he looks to bring in yet another international defender into his ranks for the season ahead.

Marco Reus, Robert Lewandowski and Mats Hummels following
Lewandowski's winning goal that gave Dortmund a winning start

Author:   Liverpool_96
Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 10:33am (PST)
Terrific SOMS this is mate, amount of detail is just perfect and it's easy on the eye. Keep up the good work!

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
quote Liverpool_96
Terrific SOMS this is mate, amount of detail is just perfect and it's easy on the eye. Keep up the good work!
Thanks very much my man =)

Date:   Nov 12, 12 at 11:42am (PST)

The title rivals met in Ciaran O'Donnell's first competitive home match at the Westfalenstadion and, if the DFB-Supercup was being used as any indication as to how this match would go, many Bayern fans ended up disappointed with Dortmund hitting their stride from the off but, much like on the opening day, the Champions failed to capitalize on their shots. In the end, Mats Hummels first half goal was cancelled out by Claudio Pizarro and it got worse for Dortmund as Marco Reus suffered an injury that will rule him out of the German side's first Champions League match of the season.

Before the match with Bayern, O'Donnell had the small matter of the Champions League draw and Dortmund did not receive a nice draw in Zurich when they were drawn with reigning champions Chelsea, Spanish side Valencia and Panathanikos of Greece. "Drawing the reigning champions isn't going to make this any easier but we're not going to let the reputation of Chelsea affect us." It comes after Dortmund concluded their business in the transfer market where the team signed Aleskander Kolarov from Manchester City on a season long loan, as well as the young Frankfurt's young starlet Marc Stendera in a deal worth £2Million. Instantly, Kolarov found himelf in the real to face Bayern and the full back brought a much needed desire for pace for his new team when the Serbian spent most of the game shutting down Arjen Robben on the left hand side. Rookie keeper Tom Starke couldn't have asked for a worse team to come against as Dortmund came at his goal think and fast before seeing his net bulge eight minutes from half-time when Hummels found Ivan Persic's free kick with this head and Starke guessed wrong when the bel went across his goal to give the champions the lead. With chance after chance hitting Germany's most decorated club, it was completely against the run of play when Robben's one cross found Pizarro in the Dortmund box an his diving header found its way into the net.

With neither side able to land a killer blow, many fan would have been disappointed but the entertainment and excitement was in abundance on Saturday night, despite some in attendance wanting to avoid another game like this in future. "Stressful would have been the best way to sum up the game." O'Donnell stated after the game. "Both teams were level for most of the game but the chances we created would have cut someone's life expectancy." joked the Dortmund manager before his attention turns to Frankfurt in the league before the opening to the Champions League campaign against Valencia.

Mats Hummels thought his goal would make the difference
before Claudio Pizarro pulled a goal back for Bayern

Author:   Jakeyd
Date:   Nov 13, 12 at 3:42am (PST)
Subject:   BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - RIVALS CLASH | DORTMUND VS BAYERN
Love the work that goes into it and I love the size 2 pre font, works really well with this. You just can't prize yourselves apart from Bayern at the moment with two draws against them. Good work here mate.

Author:   Assassin7
Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 7:02am (PST)
Subject:   BORUSSIA DORTMUND | DIE SCHWARZGELBEN ANGRIFF - RIVALS CLASH | DORTMUND VS BAYERN
Currently doing a manager mode as Dortmund... struggling for results in the first 10 games... was wondering if you could do a screenshot of your squads line up and tactics?? Mario Gotze has been a missing man for me, got no assists, no goals and missed 2 penalties. Any help would be much appreciated

Date:   Nov 14, 12 at 10:55am (PST)
quote Assassin7
Currently doing a manager mode as Dortmund... struggling for results in the first 10 games... was wondering if you could do a screenshot of your squads line up and tactics?? Mario Gotze has been a missing man for me, got no assists, no goals and missed 2 penalties. Any help would be much appreciated
Coming up in the next update my man. I will say, however, I haven't got Gotze worked out yet, same goes for Reus by RL is firing on all cylinders right now.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.