Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Who Will You Manage / Teams That You're Looking Forward to Managing? - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59286/t1759782-who-you-manage-teams-that-youre-looking-forward-to-managing/5.htm

Author:   WhyMan
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:00am (PST)
Subject:   re: Who Will You Manage / Teams That You're Looking Forward to Managing?
-------------------------------------------
Being A Blackburn Fan, i will be Blackburn Rovers - have always been them in every game i've eer had (since CM days) and always been able to make them the best team in Europe.

One aspect i was really reall looking forward to was displacing that absolute pillock steve kean when i took over, but alas he can taken that pleasure away from me....thanks f***!!!

Anyway, will be even more entertaining/difficult for me to make them the best team in the world, since we will be starting in the championship. Having said that, we do have a good sqaud and should walk the championship. Jordan Rhodes has started well in real life so he should be an excellent prospect (probably -8 PA i reckon).

Will be interesting to see how much money the venky's give me once i get promoted, hope they dont expect me to sign the likes of Ronaldinho etc when i get promoted!

Will be an epic save me thinks

Author:   jayboy26
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:14am (PST)
Subject:   re: Who Will You Manage / Teams That You're Looking Forward to Managing?
I have 5 aims for this years version:

1) West Ham Domestic and European Glory

Despite my valiant attempt last year, I only managed a season and a bit before losing interest (there is a thread somewhere for more details).

2) Bottom to the Top

Possibly using one of the extra lower-leagues edits, or maybe just from the BSN/S, I want to take a team from the murky depths of lower league football to the Premiership playing an attractive style of football.

3) Journeyman Save

Start as unemployed and only spend a couple of seasons at each team, trying to accomplish as much as possible before moving on.

4) Domestic Bias

Just for a laugh really, sell of all the non-home nationality players from a club and see how I can do using only domestic players.

5) My Style

Start somewhere and focus on harvesting players with fitting personalities and good mental attributes to create an intelligent, professional side that adheres to my preferred, ambitious 3-5-2 formation/philosophy. This would be just an experiment really.

This is the first time I've pre-ordered an FM title and I can't put into words how excited I am this year. My computer only just scrapes the game's specs this year so I'm praying that the game runs okay. If it does, I can pretty much wave goodbye to my A Levels...

Author:   harbin
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 10:40am (PST)
Starting to become even more eager to start as Liverpool. Just hope SI have made it so I can notch up 700 passes in the match engine instead of being stuck of 450. Tiki-taka has always been hard to replicate in game.

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 2:36pm (PST)
harbin91 agreed. I really want to play a proper passing game rather than the one the match engine creates. it barely seems like the tiki taka that Barcelona and Arsenal play.

Author:   AbirHT
Date:   Oct 03, 12 at 6:12pm (PST)
I will start with Manchester United and one save with Charlton Athletic or Leeds United .

Author:   buzzlightyear
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
For me

Rangers
Pompey
Southend
Unemployment save

Author:   Parmar1993
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 1:06am (PST)
quote BionicDog
Sheffield Wednesday, team i love and support, and it will probably my only and long term save
same with me and Arsenal, always spent more than 6 seasons with Arsenal since FM2010. FM2011 I went 18 seasons and FM2012 I went 14 seasons with them

Author:   wolves_stain25
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:33am (PST)
I'll play as someone like City, Chelsea, PSG or Barca on the BETA version or demo just to get to grips with the new features.

I expect my first proper game will be with Wolves, should be more of a challenge to get them back up into the Premier League as it got ridiculously simple to keep them in it on the last couple of games.

I really fancy a game as Coventry as well on this year's now they're in L1. A club with a lot of history and a good stadium, the challenge will be limited funds.

I'll also have a game as Leverkusen as I've enjoyed my game as them on FM12 so much.

Author:   wolves_stain25
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:19am (PST)
quote WhyMan
Anyway, will be even more entertaining/difficult for me to make them the best team in the world, since we will be starting in the championship. Having said that, we do have a good sqaud and should walk the championship. Jordan Rhodes has started well in real life so he should be an excellent prospect (probably -8 PA i reckon).
Seeing as Rhodes had a fixed PA on FM2012, I very much doubt they'll give him a randomly generated PA on this years. You'll probably find it'll be somewhere around the 145 mark, seeing as he was upgraded to 131 I think on 12.2.2 this year.

Author:   withers
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 1:15pm (PST)
As a fan of the club I rarely choose Chelsea, my heart rules over my head and I hate selling players, but I will probably manage them in my first save to get used to all the new features etc. As soon as I feel competent enough I'm off down Villa Park to start my real save.

Author:   SLB
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:26am (PST)
Benfica of course and i am really looking forward for this season because Benfica has a B team again,so it will make it even more fun

Author:   IrishCeltic
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
Fc Groningen, playing in the dutch Eredivisie, Its my favorite team and ive got a season ticket for like 10 years in a row.
But, I am going to try to make them champions of the Eredivisie which will be a huge challenge to start with.

Will there be any teams in the league 1 or 2 or even lower who have a sugar daddy or so..?

Author:   Andres
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 3:48am (PST)
Portsmouth, Roma (Zemanlandia) and probably some shitty Conference north/south side.

Author:   pthfcning
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
I'll have 2 games on the go at once to start with.

I'm starting a network game with a few friends, and we have chosen the German Bundesliga. I will be Hoffenheim.

Being a Tottenham fan, I will naturally start a save with them, too.

I will also at some point have a save with Aldershot, as they are my local club, and I will try to take them from League 2 to the Premiership.

Author:   Theboss
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 11:20am (PST)
One team that would look to be a decent game would be Zenit, and would love to manage them.
Main reason is because of Hulk, who will probably be a beast, they also have Danny, Bruno Alves, Witsel and Cristico.
Targets would be:
Winning the Russian league, obviously.
but the main target is Europe, winning the Europa league or even the Champions League.

Another Team is Watford as they're my local team.
With the new owners, it would be a slightly easier challenge, but getting them into the Premiership would be a good target to achieve.
They also have links with Udinese and Sporting, which could provide key foreign players.

My Premier League target would be between Arsenal, QPR, West Ham or Southampton.
Arsenal because it is my team, and my targets would be ending the trophy drought. Also would love to see how they cope without RVP in the game.
QPR because of the quality players they have recently brought in, getting them into the top 4 would be a good save.
West Ham and Southampton are familiar, both made their return to the Prem and with Southamptons money, they would probably be easier, but keeping both of them up would be fun.

I always love Spanish football, and would love to takeover the big two with a lesser club, like Atletico Madrid Or Athletic Bilbao. They would be good challenges as both are in Europe and have some key players in their teams.

A National target would be Belgium.
They have key players such as Kompany, Vermaelen, Courtois, Vertoghen, Fellaini, Lukaku and more. winning the Euro's or even the World Cup would be a great achievement.

Other clubs I would look forward to managing are:
Udinese
Rangers
PSG
Porto

In short:
Premier League: Arsenal, Southampton, West Ham, QPR
Championship: Watford
Spanish: Atletico Madrid, Athletic Club.
Scotland: Rangers
Portugal: Porto
Italy: Udinese
France: PSG
National teams: Belgium

Not in any particular order

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.