Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: 8 Hours Notice... - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/59268/t1825292-8-hours-notice/

Author:   losingatcards
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 8:29pm (PST)
Subject:   8 Hours Notice...
-------------------------------------------
Well, screwed again. Eight hours notice before event (with two hours down for scheduled maintenance) and it won't let me leave my current alliance already. Guess I'll save my PP for the next raid...

Author:   Csjbo08
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 8:41pm (PST)
Subject:   re: 8 Hours Notice...
I think I'm going to use the raids to just gather up pp for the upcoming training events rather than burn them during the raid (or is that what I was supposed to do?)

Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 8:46pm (PST)
At least they hype the raids for a good week -- and we know the exact start date -- beforehand. I just hope I was the only person who failed to use my psionic powers to read the developers' minds so I could know when alliance stuff would be shut down and the event starts.

Out of the blue.

With no prior warning.

Author:   xAngelusMortisx
Date:   Jan 31, 13 at 10:20pm (PST)
Last training was Friday after raid so it's not as if it wasn't expected

Author:   nickotone42
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 2:42am (PST)
quote xAngelusMortisx
And was rushed, unexpected, and unnecessary. I wish they would learn from their mistakes.

Author:   harshacc
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 4:47am (PST)
By the look of the new raiders i guess they caught the artists by surprise as well

Author:   xAngelusMortisx
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 6:16am (PST)
quote nickotone42
quote xAngelusMortisx
And was rushed, unexpected, and unnecessary. I wish they would learn from their mistakes.
I don't see how having training start now is a mistake. Not being ready for training may be a mistake but that's not the games fault.

Author:   EvilyB
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 6:46am (PST)
PP gathered from Training is in the form of training packs which I believe will disappear after the event.

Author:   Gatt_5_u99
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 6:54am (PST)
oh, did you miss the banner that had been up all week?

Author:   Gatt_5_u99
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 6:57am (PST)
quote nickotone42
quote xAngelusMortisx
They have. Thus far this has been more then smooth. Everything is in the store without hassle, nothing is stalling, and the new cards look great. About 10 000x better then last time.

Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 6:57am (PST)
quote xAngelusMortisx
quote nickotone42
quote xAngelusMortisx
I don't see how having training start now is a mistake. Not being ready for training may be a mistake but that's not the games fault.
Are you advocating the position that going from "coming soon" to "it's here, by the way alliance functionality is off" literally overnight is somehow okay? With no warning? Not everyone participated in the last training, or remembers the exact parameters of two-three events ago, or even had an account set up then.

I was negotiating a move to a new alliance, and I was also building up my new cards and, you know, working and being a family member and having a social life. You say I "should have known" to prioritize moving alliances because I "should have expected" alliance functionality to be turned off without warning?

It's like if you were in school and you know there's going to be a midterm exam at some point, but it isn't scheduled on the course syllabus. Then suddenly the professor emails you "Hey the midterm will be tomorrow, by the way I've removed all course materials and lecture notes from the school's website so hope you are randomly ready!"

Author:   uber303
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:16am (PST)
quote losingatcards
quote xAngelusMortisx
quote nickotone42
quote xAngelusMortisx
Are you advocating the position that going from "coming soon" to "it's here, by the way alliance functionality is off" literally overnight is somehow okay? With no warning? Not everyone participated in the last training, or remembers the exact parameters of two-three events ago, or even had an account set up then.

I was negotiating a move to a new alliance, and I was also building up my new cards and, you know, working and being a family member and having a social life. You say I "should have known" to prioritize moving alliances because I "should have expected" alliance functionality to be turned off without warning?

It's like if you were in school and you know there's going to be a midterm exam at some point, but it isn't scheduled on the course syllabus. Then suddenly the professor emails you "Hey the midterm will be tomorrow, by the way I've removed all course materials and lecture notes from the school's website so hope you are randomly ready!"
let this be a lesson, when it says an event is coming, it means get your shit together.

Our leader was clued up enough to change the leader positions a day before the event started.

old saying, you snooze, you lose

Author:   LvG4M3R
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:18am (PST)
Some ppl are profession douches

Author:   uber303
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:25am (PST)
quote LvG4M3R
lol

and some people are numpties

each to their own

Author:   LvG4M3R
Date:   Feb 01, 13 at 7:28am (PST)
quote uber303
quote LvG4M3R
lol

and some people are numpties

each to their own
Lol, what must you be lacking to jump on this post so fast, I feel bad for ya

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.