Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: E3 - Were you as surprised as me? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57980/t1744005-e3-were-you-as-surprised-as/

Author:   Machienzo
Date:   Jul 05, 12 at 5:49pm (PST)
Subject:   E3 - Were you as surprised as me?
-------------------------------------------
So who was caught off-guard by the E3 presentation of this game? Taking into account we know that most of what we saw was polished scripted segments to dazzle the people at presentation time, I thought this was a great reveal of some original IP.

Author:   Justin
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 1:23pm (PST)
Subject:   re: E3 - Were you as surprised as me?
I came upon the preview of E3 when my brother was watching the video by accident. I thought the presentation was overall a really thrilling interpretation of what hopes to be an amazing game. Mechanics and features featured in the video look like a bunch of fun, and I can't wait until the release!

Author:   EricF
Date:   Jul 10, 12 at 3:02pm (PST)
Well I'd never heard anything about the game until E3, but I'm sure it was the case for most people. The thing that caught my eye most was the use of the phone, and how the flow of conversation throughout the segment of the mission went along so well. I almost started throwing my money at the screen when I seen the main guy hack the traffic light!

Author:   Icekickseverything
Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 6:36am (PST)
I think everyone's favourite moment was what he did with the lights, that was one of the coolest things I've seen in a game tbch, I hope you they somehow control it, and not let it be done at every traffic light.

Date:   Jul 12, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
quote Icekickseverything
I think everyone's favourite moment was what he did with the lights, that was one of the coolest things I've seen in a game tbch, I hope you they somehow control it, and not let it be done at every traffic light.
That was a great part, but I over-analysed it and realised that it such a scripted scene, that if you look carefully, you can seen the cars and npcs appear/spawn in specific locations.

Author:   Icekickseverything
Date:   Jul 13, 12 at 2:18am (PST)
Machienzo ah so more like an LA Noire kind of styling I think. How you can only trigger certain things in certain scenarios.

Author:   nnnddd101010
Date:   Jul 23, 12 at 12:12pm (PST)
Machienzo After I stopped jizzing in my pants over the video, just like everyone on the internet, I also realized that it was very scripted. I still have high hopes for it, and am still happy to see new IP's like this one.

Author:   KR_1250
Date:   Jul 25, 12 at 12:32am (PST)
Call me Mr Negative

But until i see some true free-roam gameplay footage showing the real scope and scale of these abilities i aint getting too excited.

Look how many cool things happen in gaming during missions that we never see outside them.

Still a lot of potential though.

Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 3:04am (PST)
quote KR_1250
Call me Mr Negative

But until i see some true free-roam gameplay footage showing the real scope and scale of these abilities i aint getting too excited.

Look how many cool things happen in gaming during missions that we never see outside them.

Still a lot of potential though.
I agree. If it's a linear environment, my enthusiasm for the game drops to half. If it's an open world however... my my, the possibilities.

Author:   aparkes333
Date:   Sep 28, 12 at 7:22am (PST)
E3 Demos are always polished and very rarely are exactly like the final game, they are always a little different, usually shorter and straight to the point, still, it looks good I'm reading up on it here and i have to say its writting itself on my list.

Author:   EricF
Date:   Nov 02, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
Subject:   E3 - Where you as surprised as me?
Has there been no news since this video? It's a bit disappointing. Seems we're just left to wait in the dark for months on end until we eventually forget about the game until release date.

Author:   Yick
Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 8:15am (PST)
Looks like we have some news. Tentative release date in Q4 2013 and rumours that the current- AND next-gen consoles will see Watch Dogs.

Author:   intoxication
Date:   Feb 19, 13 at 5:23pm (PST)
I hope it is the case, that this will see a release on the current-gen consoles because I have no intention on picking up next-gen in the near future.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.