Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The DLC Discussion Thread - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57871/t1756513-dlc-discussion-thread/8.htm

Author:   Bri
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:20am (PST)
Subject:   re: The DLC Discussion Thread
-------------------------------------------
$20 on top of $60? That's a bit steep. I like to have the DLC so I might wait til the price of the main game takes a dip...that might be forever though

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
Bri, aren't you in the US? May I kindly introduce you to the wonders of Bing awards.

I signed up around May, created a secondary account in June, created three more accounts in July for a total of five, which is supposedly the maximum amount of accounts you can have in a household. All five accounts earn me microsoft points. Every 120 points earned through bing searches (125 prior to hitting gold; all 5 of my accounts are gold) = 100 microsoft points. I'm limited to 15 daily searches + usually 1 daily special offer search. Every 8 days I'm receiving 500 microsoft points. Since signing up to this program I have earned and spent over 6500 microsoft points, and I'm still sitting on about 2000 of unused microsoft point. And the points keep rolling in.

I've not had to buy a single point card since then. Things I've bought with this program:
Batman Arkham City - Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC (800 msp)
Batman Arkham City - Batman Costume Pack DLC (400 msp)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD (1200 msp)
Mortal Kombat Season Pass (600 msp)
Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice DLC (560 msp)
Plants vs. Zombies (400 msp)
Deadlight (1200 msp)
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition (1200 msp)
Gears of War 3 - random weapon skins (300 or so msp)

Seriously, at this point, DLC is an afterthought because it's all free to me anyways. I'd highly suggest anyone and everyone to join up to Bing (if you're living in the United States. Sorry international members, it's not offered out of the country).

Edit: Unless you're a PS3 user thus making microsoft points irrelevant. Tough luck paying for DLC.

Author:   Disenchanted
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:00am (PST)
I think bri is PS3 lool

Author:   Bri
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:10am (PST)
quote Disenchanted
I think bri is PS3 lool
That would be right. I hope some retailer dunks the price down like they did with WWE 12 last year, got the game for $40. Seems a lot easier than Bing rewards, though that's an impressive run you've put up there TLA.

Author:   The Living Angelus
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 9:39am (PST)
A way around that though is there's a list of things you can redeem. They have $5 Amazon gift cards on the list, so in a sense, you could save up your points towards that and once you earn enough you could basically just buy yourself an entire brand new video game. Might take awhile, but there are quite a bunch of good games hitting Spring 2013. Starting bing now would earn you enough by then to redeem something on Amazon.

Author:   George2
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 11:11am (PST)
I'm gonna hate having to wait until January of next year to get the complete roster but I'll be doing what I do every year and buying the fan axxess pass when it comes out.

Author:   Stewie
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:13pm (PST)
I'd get the fan axxess but I don't want the thing where you unlock all the unlockables. Is there any way to just not buy that one?

Author:   TripleDX
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:26pm (PST)
All my DLC dreams have come true! Rikishi, Too Cool, Gangrel and Val Venis!!!! And they all come out on the first day? Man, ship these games out now lol

Author:   Metallica
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:49pm (PST)
quote Disenchanted
that does suck, but at least I get Gangrel straight away So excited to have the brood
Oh hell yes The Brood!! I wish Viscera and Mideon made it on the game also, but still I will create the Ministry of Darkness as I usually do.

Author:   Disenchanted
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:54pm (PST)
Between Taker, The Acolytes, The Brood, even vince, shane, triple h etc if you wanna do the corperate ministry, there's so much choice it's not even funny

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 5:50pm (PST)
Corporate Ministry, I loved them when I was younger but looking back I felt they killed the whole Ministry of Darkness, although I did love it when Vince was revealed at the higher power, J.R's comment makes me lol every time "OH SON OF A BITCH!", not sure if I want to recreate that stable though but it's good you pointed that out.

Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:13pm (PST)
Oh man i forgot about the brood and the corpoate ministry. Yeah viscera would have been good to have but mideon was never big. I wish steve blackman made it in, i wouldve died of happiness!

Author:   scotty2hotty89
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:35am (PST)
quote TripleDX
All my DLC dreams have come true! Rikishi, Too Cool, Gangrel and Val Venis!!!! And they all come out on the first day? Man, ship these games out now lol
I like the way you think. Rikishi & Too Cool please!

Edit: OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are in!?!?!?!?!?!?

I just saw the screenshot! *Dies of happiness*

Omg you guys! Too Cool and Rikishi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna cry. This is just too good to be true..........

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:18am (PST)
I would have loved to see Too Cool with different outfits, but these guys are defently gonna be my Tag Team Champions

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:08am (PST)
The amount of tag teams in this game is great and it also means for a great tag team division, I'm still kind of shocked at the DLC though, wasnt expecting half of them, not to mention the amount there is too.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.