Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Universe Mode 3.0 (HUGE Update Page 3!!!!) - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57871/t1736914-universe-mode-3-huge-update-page-3/

Author:   Orion
Date:   May 29, 12 at 10:49pm (PST)
Subject:   Universe Mode 3.0 (HUGE Update Page 3!!!!)
-------------------------------------------
One of the things I wish WWE '13 would bring back or have is the Ranking and Title History of WWE SmackDown!: Here Comes the Pain!. I always though that this game had the best season mode, the Ranking system was perfect it kept track of every wrestler's Win/Loss/Draw record, the types of matches they wrestled, who they beat/lost too, and how many times they've won a particular title, for example if Santino Marella had a 5-10 record it would be awhile before he'd get shot at any Title it made winning and losing actually matter.

What improvements do you guys/girls hope for in WWE '13 Universe mode 3.0?

This message was edited by Metallica(186593) on 2012-10-08T12:34:20-07:00.

Author:   Winter1
Date:   May 30, 12 at 7:01am (PST)
Subject:   re: Universe Mode 3.0 (HUGE Update Page 3!!!!)
For you to have some of the booking power you have in the wrestling management game TEW10.

for it to be a challenge and that for it to feel like your booking the show rather than just aimlessly setting up matches.

Author:   Metallica
Date:   May 30, 12 at 7:03am (PST)
I'm glad somebody else wants the ranking system back, I loved this feature in the past and it's a shame they only used it in one Smackdown game, I especially enjoyed it because of the title record and how many times you faced off against certain wrestlers, it would make creating storylines in Universe mode easier and better because there would be a history to go by.

Another thing I'd like to see in Universe 3.0 is the ability to change which day you want the shows on and have the ability to choose your own music from your hard-drive to have as a show intro music and PPV theme songs.

I would like to see more of GM mode in to this years, I think having a rating for your show and matches would make the mode a little more fun,

Author:   Winter1
Date:   May 30, 12 at 7:09am (PST)
Yea the show ratings and stuff was what I meant by challenge, having to keep the shows above a certain level.

Just beeing able to book certain things or set pieces to happen in the match.

Date:   May 30, 12 at 10:20am (PST)
quote Metallica
I'm glad somebody else wants the ranking system back, I loved this feature in the past and it's a shame they only used it in one Smackdown game, I especially enjoyed it because of the title record and how many times you faced off against certain wrestlers, it would make creating storylines in Universe mode easier and better because there would be a history to go by.

Another thing I'd like to see in Universe 3.0 is the ability to change which day you want the shows on and have the ability to choose your own music from your hard-drive to have as a show intro music and PPV theme songs.

I would like to see more of GM mode in to this years, I think having a rating for your show and matches would make the mode a little more fun,
I also hope they add more matches to each show, having only 5 matches per show was a let down.Whats the point of having 28 wrestlers on a brand when only 5 are going to be consistently used.

Author:   Destroyer
Date:   May 30, 12 at 3:19pm (PST)
Before THQ even consider adding new features to WWE Universe Mode, they should work on improving some of the current features of WWE Universe Mode 2.0. For instance, the Remarkable Match-up feature really disappointed me in WWE 12. It would continuously put wrestlers against each other who were not even actives members of the roster, it would randomly assign two heels or two faces to square off against each other, and more importantly, it didn't even allow you to delete the match-up from your card until you played or simulated it. It very much forced this feature upon you while not even throwing any decent storylines together that made sense. If you're going to force it upon me then at least throw in some wrestlers who i've been using regularly on the shows and perhaps have fought each other numerous times already signifying some sort of rivalry between them. THQ need to improve on stuff like this with Universe Mode in WWE 13 before I can even get excited for the game mode again.

Another thing, they really messed things up with the patches they put out for WWE 12 which ultimately ending up effecting Universe Mode as well. For example, you can no longer change the participants in a MITB ladder match because then it becomes a normal ladder match. When the game first came out I could change the participants with it still being a MITB ladder match and not just a regular ladder match. Then after the last patch this was no longer possible. I had Wade Barrett win MITB only to find it wasn't an actual MITB match because I had changed the participants. Now before I get excited for Universe Mode in WWE 13 I want assurances shit like that won't happen again. Was it even unintentional?

Date:   May 30, 12 at 3:46pm (PST)
I agree totally with everything you just said Destroyer, it pisses me off when the game puts me in a remarkable match with some jobber who isn't assigned to any brand just sitting in free agency.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   May 30, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
Really? that never happened to me since the only thing that annoyed me is SD/LOD always getting title shots thats why i disbanded them..

Author:   Gotenks
Date:   May 30, 12 at 6:29pm (PST)
Yeah, they gave me a remarkable match against the CAW for the story mode of WWE '12 which was really annoying and he was a free agent. That needs to be changed.

The whole title history and ranking from Here Comes the Pain would be great to see. It was one of my favorite features in the game as I always wanted to see how many times a wrestler won a title or what their win/loss return was. Still remember Iron Sheik having a 4-320 record on my game and Brock had like 473-58. xD

Author:   Hellsguardian1
Date:   Jun 09, 12 at 8:05pm (PST)
They keep saying WWE Universe Mode 3.0 would be the best I bet they are going to do the same old crap, put Remarkable moments in there and make them random like CM Punk suplexing Randy Orton from the top and the ring explodes, I want a Universe mode that has at least 7 matches, and gives me the ability to get rid of Superstars, oh and not to mention doesn't put me into random matches.

Author:   The Hazard
Date:   Jun 10, 12 at 5:08am (PST)
Well to their credit they do listen to the fans, if there's several complaints about certain aspects within a mode, they'll take a look at it.

Basically everything noted above I'd like to see, more matches per show, better regulation of remarkable matches, etc... another aspect I'd like lies with the titles. I would like to be able to legitimize more than a 'main, midcard, diva and tag' set of titles. They should have a fifth miscallenous spot for a championship in any show. If I wanna bring back the Hardcore title, or introduce that shitty Champions of champions belt or introduce the European title, without having to take out the US/IC title of the brand, it would be a solid touch. Really give us range and freedom in that Universe mode.

Author:   Cwebb24
Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 6:24am (PST)
I briefly mentioned it in another topic but Friend/Foe recognition is long overdue. I don't want my Tag Champs in a Triple Threat match destroying each other and practically leaving the third man untouched. They should focus on the third man especially if they're heel. I can understand a face team having some friendly competition. Same thing applies with the Rumble. Stablemates should be assisting one another instead of trying to throw each other out.

The mode overall doesn't give the user nearly as much control as it was originally (and continuously) hyped to be giving you. Luckily, I'm one of those peeps that let the game make matches and go with the flow but alot of people's expectations were crushed by the end result which was essentially Universe 2.0 - .7 + .2

This message was edited on 2012-06-11T10:41:15-07:00.

Author:   Metallica
Date:   Jun 11, 12 at 2:54pm (PST)
Anyone else want them to incorporate create-a-story features in to this? Making our own cut scenes aswell as having random ones too?

Would be a nice idea for those who have a lot of CAWS and want to make their own storylines etc.

Author:   Tf916
Date:   Jun 15, 12 at 8:38am (PST)
I have been thinking about the Injuries, i think it will be a nice feature to show what cause's the superstar injuries during the match and have a ref look it and decide if you want to continue the match or not..

Author:   BlinkLuke
Date:   Jun 18, 12 at 4:24am (PST)
I agree with all of this especially that they should have more matches and let you book a whole show before it starts and in WWE 12 the storylines actually suck so much I have no idea what's going on half of the time and it's so repetitive it needs to be changed.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.