Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Spyro Ruined - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57856/t1798232-spyro-ruined/

Author:   XtremeAngler
Date:   Nov 27, 12 at 1:54pm (PST)
Subject:   Spyro Ruined
-------------------------------------------
they ruined spyro because of skylanders!! ...anybody else agree?...

Author:   TechnoBlastBuster
Date:   Dec 03, 12 at 6:35am (PST)
Subject:   re: Spyro Ruined
What do you mean?

Spyro is a Skylander!

This message was merged with other messages by Amsey (moderator)

Author:   AriaFiresong
Date:   Jan 09, 13 at 7:58am (PST)
Eh, it's not the same as the original, but things change. My god, do they change...I wouldn't mind it much if they kept the continuity. =/

Author:   TechnoBlaster
Date:   Jan 18, 13 at 6:09am (PST)
What was the original like? What do you do?

Author:   Griffon
Date:   Feb 15, 13 at 10:46am (PST)
Subject:   Spyro NOT Ruined!!
To the OP's question, Not at all! I didn't like any Spyro game that predated Skylanders as much as I like Spyro's Adventure and Giants!

While it's true that Spyro plays a smaller role in Skylanders(And may not even play a role at all, if you don't own a Spyro figurine), the range of playable characters in the game exploded. Now instead of playing as just Spyro, there are 40+ characters you can play as in Skylanders, all suitable for their own kind of combat situations. Sonic Boom destroys crowds of enemies. Swarm and Double Trouble dodge enemy attacks and strike back while evading and Pop Fizz dishes out damage by the gallon! (...of potion, that is.)
Furthermore, with characters such as Kaos, Flynn and Ermit, the range of personalities seem to have grown, as well. There are more kinds of characters than just righteous heroes and devious villains, and that makes the game even more interesting!
Giants also introduced something that Spyro's old games(to my knowledge) never had before: A difficulty control setting. Now if the game is getting too boring, you can ratchet up the difficulty and enjoy the game being challenging all over again!
In closing, I think this is the best Spyro game series yet, and I hope it's around for years to come.

Author:   Star
Date:   May 04, 13 at 8:31pm (PST)
XtremeAngler
Stop living in the past. Face it, those games had sucky graphics and the only ones with stories worth caring about was the Legend of Spyro series that I'm trying to get. Made by Deviantart wannabes, I say.

Spyro's Adventure only had Spyro slapped on for excitement and economical reasons. I liked that they rebooted it. Best thing that ever happened to that mystic purple dragon.

Author:   lykosthewolf
Date:   Jun 02, 13 at 2:48am (PST)
I think XtremeAngler is referring to, not the game itself, but rather Spyro's looks.

I personally enjoyed the game quite well... Only one aspect ruined it for me. What they've done to Spyro, he just does not look like Spyro anymore...

Author:   Salkor2
Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:13pm (PST)
Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro, but it did change it. I feel that Skylanders was necessary to not only bring Spyro up higher, but to make it fun for all. I grew up on PS1 and i have to say that EVERY Spyro was good. Crappy graphics? great graphics of today had to be earned! Xbox graphics weren't built in a day. ANYWAY, Spyro is a Play station legacy that people should be lucky to have today! I mean he did a crossover with Crash Banidcoot for god sake! Crash and Spyro were my Mario and Link, before i knew Nintendo better. Spyro was necessary for on going PlayStation titles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. Skylanders opened up the game and made it customizable in a way. Why use Character X when Y is better for this, and you like Y more? Never the less, I love Spyro, and you should all be thanking your lucky stars that Skylanders exists, but to say the least, Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro. I mean year of the dragon had more characters than Spyro, so you can tell that having more characters was what they intended for the series.

Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:27pm (PST)
quote Salkor2
Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro, but it did change it. I feel that Skylanders was necessary to not only bring Spyro up higher, but to make it fun for all. I grew up on PS1 and i have to say that EVERY Spyro was good. Crappy graphics? great graphics of today had to be earned! Xbox graphics weren't built in a day. ANYWAY, Spyro is a Play station legacy that people should be lucky to have today! I mean he did a crossover with Crash Banidcoot for god sake! Crash and Spyro were my Mario and Link, before i knew Nintendo better. Spyro was necessary for on going PlayStation titles like Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper. Skylanders opened up the game and made it customizable in a way. Why use Character X when Y is better for this, and you like Y more? Never the less, I love Spyro, and you should all be thanking your lucky stars that Skylanders exists, but to say the least, Skylanders didn't ruin Spyro. I mean year of the dragon had more characters than Spyro, so you can tell that having more characters was what they intended for the series.
Finally somebody who actually has reasons to back up their opinion. This makes total sense. Good graphics, bad graphics, who cares? It's still Spyro.
EDIT: AriaFiresong
Holy-- you're still here! Hey, it's PokeMasterStar100 here. Didn't know you were into Spyro. ;-;

Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:38pm (PST)
Heh, well, hello to you too, Star. I'm the shadow that haunts the RP forums.
I grew up with Spyro, until he went to systems beyond what I could afford. I have the first three PS1 games, three of the GBA games, and two of the PS2 games.
And I'm glad he's still around, but still. I'm a continuity nut.
I feel all nostalgic, maybe I'll replay the first one again.

Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:39pm (PST)
AriaFiresong
I have many of his GBA games and both Skylanders games. I've played the Legend of Spyro games (have the New Beginning for GBA) but I've been looking for them on other consoles (The New Beginning for Xbox, Eternal Night for Wii, Dawn of the Dragon for Xbox 360).

Date:   Aug 26, 13 at 9:42pm (PST)
I've not played the Legend of Spyro, aside from a bit at a friends house. It's what initially caused me continuity confusion...
Nor have I played any of the Skylanders, though I've heard mixed things about it. I've thought of trying it, but I really don't need to cram more things in my room right now XD

Date:   Aug 27, 13 at 5:04am (PST)
AriaFiresong
Haha. xD

Well, spoiler alerts below.

The Legend of Spyro ended with Spyro and Cynder flying off and Cynder whispering "I love you" just before credits play. Skylanders says that they ended up in Skylands where they became Skylanders. So, not all that much continuity really.

Date:   Aug 27, 13 at 7:59am (PST)
Yeah, but Legend seemed to have nothing with the previous game. Alternate universe? Darker, gritty reboot? Not sure.

Least the little guy hasn't been forgotten. (And I kinda hate it when Sparx has a voice)

Author:   Spittingpizz
Date:   Nov 04, 13 at 7:04am (PST)
quote TechnoBlastBuster
What do you mean?

Spyro is a Skylander!

This message was merged with other messages by Amsey (moderator)
Oblivious little kid...
Spyro existeer before skylanders but skylanders changed him.....
And now he's kinda messed up

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.