Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: English Patch, when? - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57852/t1747036-english-patch/

Author:   cookielovescream
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 7:53am (PST)
Subject:   English Patch, when?
-------------------------------------------
I already played the game, unfortunately its in jap, can't understand a thing, good thing i played digimon world and i can keep up, but the story kills me, so i wish someone would do an english patch

I know its not that easy but please do it for the sake of all dying fans.....

Author:   kuje
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 3:08pm (PST)
Subject:   re: English Patch, when?
The game was just released yesterday. You're gonna have to wait at least half a year before getting a semi complete English patch.

Also, thanks for reminding me of this. I totally forgot the release date.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 6:42pm (PST)
Some guys on GameFAQs and GBATemp are already trying to translate it up.

Author:   ShadowCrystallux
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 9:23pm (PST)
If they don't get an english patch: obviously it's time to learn some japanese. *sigh* if only it was chinese, THEN I'd be able to read some of it. How similar is the game to DW1?

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 1:31am (PST)
quote Phoenixmon
How similar is the game to DW1?
Pretty similar only this one has a third person view, unlike the original that had this over the head type camera. Every thing else seems to be about the same. Digimon still make similar noises and the battle system is identical. Only instead of tapping R1 and R2 for the finisher you get a QTE.

Story wise it looks a lot tighter. There's way more characters in this one. I'm only at the beginning now and already I have friends in the DW and you get a glimpse of mysterious characters that'll have a big part in the story unlike with the original where you weren't sure who the bad guy was until the last parts of the game.

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 2:14am (PST)
Is it understandable despite being in japanese?

Author:   hyhae
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 1:50pm (PST)
well so far I say its straight forward , recruit digimon to the city and beat bosses , although it could get confusing sometimes , you'd need to do quests of sorts or some digis will need something to do to recruit them

and as Kuje said its alot like dw1 , though you get to choose digitama when ur digi dies , and the bonus tries are now kind of a mini game to do , beats old one on dw1 ofc

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 2:07pm (PST)
quote Phoenixmon

It's very dialogue heavy and sometimes they give you choices in a conversation which is impossible to figure out. I somehow managed to get a Gabumon to the city but you and me won't get far with this version of the game I'm afraid.

Author:   Ground
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 3:26pm (PST)
quote kuje
quote Phoenixmon

It's very dialogue heavy and sometimes they give you choices in a conversation which is impossible to figure out. I somehow managed to get a Gabumon to the city but you and me won't get far with this version of the game I'm afraid.
I've gotten two ultimate levels (Were you expecting a Digimon you actually wanted? It's just Lilamon, idiot), and I've gotten a decent deal into the plot and gotten several people to join the town. It's not that bad, just check GameFAQs

Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 6:47pm (PST)
I may buy it then. Even though I may need my friend as a translator (she studies japanese, and she's really good at it).

Author:   Purpledevimon
Date:   Jul 22, 12 at 6:23am (PST)
quote Phoenixmon
I may buy it then. Even though I may need my friend as a translator (she studies japanese, and she's really good at it).
Yes come over so we can translate my video game hehehe...
Almost as good as getting them to come over and 'Study'

Date:   Jul 22, 12 at 7:05am (PST)
No way. She's my translator :3. I just wish this game was: A) Released in australia, and B) in English "-_-. Of course, the former will not happen .

Author:   Purpledevimon
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 7:26am (PST)
wow this thread has about 4000 views, i guess a lot of people want an english patch

Author:   cookielovescream
Date:   Aug 06, 12 at 2:32pm (PST)
Hmmm I'm not sure if my friend is trolling me or not, but he said that he already downloaded the english patch for digimon re-digitize, any news about it? If ever the news I heard is true, I would gladly share it here.

Date:   Aug 07, 12 at 2:16am (PST)
Yeah people are working really hard on translating this. I've only seen partial patch but we should have a finished English patch in the coming weeks.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.