Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FIFA 13 Scripting - Ultimate Team - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1782658-fifa-13-scripting-ultimate-team/

Author:   wanie
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 5:48am (PST)
Subject:   FIFA 13 Scripting - Ultimate Team
-------------------------------------------
Hi,

As you are probably aware there is a big discussion on scripting issues with FIFA 13 this year and every day it is gaining momentum.

There is a blog that is currently discussing the issue and explains it in quite a bit of detail but better yet it actually tells you the best way to attempt to beat it.

http://fifa13scripting.blogspot.co.uk/

I would appreciate if you could take a look and maybe spread the word if you having the same issues. We need EA to do something about this.

Author:   TheNebH
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 6:58am (PST)
Subject:   re: FIFA 13 Scripting - Ultimate Team
We've heard it all before mate. It's getting boring now.

Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 8:36am (PST)
Maybe so but do you even play the game? Sounds like you don't because if you did you would just be as bothered about it as everyone else.

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 8:55am (PST)
I have never once thought or cared about scripting, played hundreds of games of UT on FIFA 12 and about a hundred on FIFA 13 and I don't lose a game and sit there and think I lost because of scripting. It is boring to read about all the time. Played a bunch as I've said and I very rarely have a problem with the first touch thing. Am I lucky, or do I just not instantly come to the conclusion evil is at work trying to get me to lose? I guess I'm not so quick to blame other things when I lose instead of looking at whatever mistakes I made.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 9:46am (PST)
Scripting does exist though, fairly sure EA have previously confirmed 'momentum' is a feature. Its just that people do tend to overstate its existence when losing which weakens the genuine claims credibility

Date:   Oct 27, 12 at 10:15am (PST)
I agree with those comments but I am not one of these people that loses and blames it on "scripting" even matches when i win i know i have had help in some of them.

I also never lose really i have had only 6 losses on Fifa 13 so far this year with over 100 wins and im currently sat in division 1 and won every division first time through everytime. So saying i'm blaming my losses on it is just ridiculous.

All i am saying is that the match intensity momentum shift also know as scripting (even though scripting is the wrong terminology) causes a number of issues that are completely out of the players control and this needs to be addressed.

Author:   soccerking57
Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 2:16am (PST)
There's no scripting in Fifa. It's just if a team is losing in real life, then of course in the last 10 minutes they'll go more attacking. And if you're a decent fifa player 75% of the time they don't score. What I do in last 10 minutes is attack! Just keep them off the ball, force corners, keep the pressure on. All this crap about scripting is bullsh*it.

quote DjedwardSmith
Scripting does exist though, fairly sure EA have previously confirmed 'momentum' is a feature. Its just that people do tend to overstate its existence when losing which weakens the genuine claims credibility
They put it in the Fifa World Cup 2010 game. But otherwise it's not in. Opponents just go more attacking. Half the time they don't even do it and nothing happens. And with the AI they always come at you in the last 10 minutes but which team wouldn't? It's not scripting it's bad playing...

This message was merged with other messages by AliB110 (moderator)

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 5:02am (PST)
quote soccerking57
There's no scripting in Fifa. It's just if a team is losing in real life, then of course in the last 10 minutes they'll go more attacking. And if you're a decent fifa player 75% of the time they don't score. What I do in last 10 minutes is attack! Just keep them off the ball, force corners, keep the pressure on. All this crap about scripting is bullsh*it.

quote DjedwardSmith
They put it in the Fifa World Cup 2010 game. But otherwise it's not in. Opponents just go more attacking. Half the time they don't even do it and nothing happens. And with the AI they always come at you in the last 10 minutes but which team wouldn't? It's not scripting it's bad playing...

That is true there isn't any scripting in FIFA it is just the terminology used to quickly explain the momentum shift and match intensity that changes during a match. You are also correct about how yeah in the last 10 minutes you would go more attacking that makes sense however, FIFA starts to make you players slower and trap the ball a lot worse in those minutes allowing your opponent to come back.

The evidence from the videos which are mounting up online show it clear as day that your players slow down or move when a ball is passed even though you can clearly tell the player was in control and looking to block the pass.

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 6:39am (PST)
quote wanie
quote soccerking57

quote DjedwardSmith

That is true there isn't any scripting in FIFA it is just the terminology used to quickly explain the momentum shift and match intensity that changes during a match. You are also correct about how yeah in the last 10 minutes you would go more attacking that makes sense however, FIFA starts to make you players slower and trap the ball a lot worse in those minutes allowing your opponent to come back.

The evidence from the videos which are mounting up online show it clear as day that your players slow down or move when a ball is passed even though you can clearly tell the player was in control and looking to block the pass.
Not true. If your players are good enough and concentrated they don't get much worse. But in real life, a lot of the time you get teams switching off when 2-1 up 10 minutes left. I find, only 25% of the time I even concede and I still normally end up winning. It's all down to how good you are. Players also get more tired in real life. Usain Bolt couldn't run that fast if he had just played 80 minutes. It's just realistic, you're making such stupid points, everyone who believes scripting is there. I bring on my subs around the 80th minute and they're clearly better than the tired players... I wonder why? Because they're fresh. Players don't play top form for all the 90 minutes!

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 8:16am (PST)
quote soccerking57
quote wanie
quote soccerking57

quote DjedwardSmith

Not true. If your players are good enough and concentrated they don't get much worse. But in real life, a lot of the time you get teams switching off when 2-1 up 10 minutes left. I find, only 25% of the time I even concede and I still normally end up winning. It's all down to how good you are. Players also get more tired in real life. Usain Bolt couldn't run that fast if he had just played 80 minutes. It's just realistic, you're making such stupid points, everyone who believes scripting is there. I bring on my subs around the 80th minute and they're clearly better than the tired players... I wonder why? Because they're fresh. Players don't play top form for all the 90 minutes!

Have you even read the blog? Im not some 12 year old that is frustrated with losing I understand completely how the game works and also what happens in real life. Once you have played as much as I have you notice the little differences in players abilities.

How is it you can play a match on the offline Ultimate Team and your team feel as fresh as anything every thing is so fluid with movements and passing then as soon as you go back online literally the next match straight from kick off your players are sluggish and no runs are made? Its questionable to say the least.

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 9:25am (PST)
When it goes againts you, your players won't be able to pass it, simple tap ins will magically go a mile over even if you tapped the power button, your keeper will drop a howler etc...

It's not been as bad in this Fifa as in previous ones, but it's still there.

Don't give me the real football bollocks either, this is a video game and it's designed to be fair for both players.

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 10:14am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
When it goes againts you, your players won't be able to pass it, simple tap ins will magically go a mile over even if you tapped the power button, your keeper will drop a howler etc...

Don't give me the real football bollocks either, this is a video game and it's designed to be fair for both players.
Do you not think it is as bad? I think it is 10x worse this year especially because of the first touch. I do agree with what you say about it being designed to be fair for both players and so it shouldnt have to make it more difficult for you because you are winning by a certain number of goals at a certain time in the match.

I would rather win or lose depending on whether im better or worse than my opponent not because of my players have been made worse during a match.

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
I only really play clubs on Fifa, and it used to be on 10 and 11 I could tell the game would finish 4-3 (for or against) from the first few minutes, players doing different to what you press etc...

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 10:34am (PST)
quote wanie
quote soccerking57
quote wanie
quote soccerking57

quote DjedwardSmith

Have you even read the blog? Im not some 12 year old that is frustrated with losing I understand completely how the game works and also what happens in real life. Once you have played as much as I have you notice the little differences in players abilities.

How is it you can play a match on the offline Ultimate Team and your team feel as fresh as anything every thing is so fluid with movements and passing then as soon as you go back online literally the next match straight from kick off your players are sluggish and no runs are made? Its questionable to say the least.
you must be using sliders offline...
also online play is different. it's nothing to do with scripting. i personally do have my players making runs...

Date:   Oct 28, 12 at 10:37am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith

I was talking about offline..
That's down to pure sh*t play and not admitting you've over hit the pass. Personally I've never experienced any type of scripting online, and I'm not some beast at the game. I'm a decent player not the best, I win more than I lose but I rarely win in the last 10 minutes and the only time I have is when I was 3-2 up on 80 minutes and then scored a 90th 4-3 minute winner

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.