Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Be a Pro - page 3

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1768701-pro/3.htm

Author:   ArsenalNo1Fan
Date:   Oct 09, 12 at 4:18pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Be a Pro
-------------------------------------------
Think i'm going to go on loan to Barnsley for my second season, got put in the Liverpool line-up for the 1st game of the season against Man United away.

After a good start i've decided to stay with Liverpool and i've now been called up to the England squad

Author:   Ghetto Prince
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 1:32am (PST)
I got bored of my player so i've restarted as Falcao at Athletico madrid, i wanna take a real player and make the transition into management with him.

Author:   Sigge
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 3:07am (PST)
I won the World Cup with Sweden
Scored 8 goals in 5 games

Barca wanted to buy me from Everton and of course, I accepted!
£80k per week is my wage

Author:   ArsenalNo1Fan
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 8:24am (PST)
Was having a good season so far with Liverpool

Played 12, 13 goals and 8 Assists but just broke my ankle and i'm now out for 3 months

Gone to Blackpool on loan now for the rest of the season, they're top of the Championship after 30 games, turned down Sunderland

Author:   DAVE1875
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 10:26am (PST)
At the start I loved this game mode, now I'm really becoming fed up with it.

My current one I started at Man United and got loaned out to Gillingham (playing 5'7" CAM on World Class). Have had to start a few new ones because for some reason the accomplishments are glitched which means only my physical stats show growth.

Now I'm finding more cons than pros including: the AI team-mates are absolutely useless, they can't pass, they can't shoot, they have the first touch of Jimmy Saville and constantly give the ball away, also doesn't help that they feel the need to LB + Y the ball EVERYTIME they get it in the opposition's half, the defenders just let the opposition walk past them. Doesn't help that it seems the CPU AI defence is even more over-powered than last year, I've had players nearly a foot taller than me outpace me (I've checked most of their stats and they are slower than my starting stats.)

Also as a footnote, anyone realise the referee's advantage to the CPU goes on for an eternity?

I'm not bitter, just finding it very annoying and it's affecting my opinion on FIFA & EA

Author:   Nelly
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 3:18pm (PST)
Is there anyway to not play as the full team when you have been substituted? I'd rather just the rest of the game be simmed, it sort of spoils the immersion when i come off the pitch, but then suddenly have control of everyone else. I want Be A Pro to just be my career, my highs and lows. But this way, being subbed off just doesn't seem an issue as i just carry on playing and the result is still in my hands.

Author:   Cthl22
Date:   Oct 11, 12 at 3:50pm (PST)
Started my career as a Big Centre-Forward at West Ham and was immedidately loaned out to Oldham Athletic in League 1.(OV 66) Scored in my first league game for them and was also injured for two months Came back from injury and was scoring on average a goal a game until I got injured again for three months.
On return started scoring loadsa goals and was called up to the Irish squad Scored in the match v Sweden twice and set up one D.
Finished as champions with Oldham with the Top Scorer award with 29 league goals and 5 cup goals.
Returned to West Ham where I played 1 match then asked to be transferred as I didnt like the style of play/formation they were using. But sadly my transfer request was rejected so I said I wanted to go out on loan and it was accepted
Joined Coventry for the season, called back up to the Irish team(Scored twice:D) and scored a HatTrick V WestHam xD
At the moment we're 6th and im top scorer with 23 goals
Really enjoying this years Be A Pro, best one yet

Author:   mitchamus-prime16
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:20pm (PST)
...I'm a complete spaz but love FIFA! I want to play as my pro from being a youngster through to retirement and into a managerial career. I've started as an RM...gone from a 64 overall to a 73 and was transferred from Sydney FC (Aus) to Man Utd and am finding it impossible to get a match rating about 6.5 now.
WHY!?
Are particular positions easier? Is there a way of knowing your role and positioning in each match? Hints to get a better rating???

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:25pm (PST)
I find striker being the easiest position.
Before every game you can see what position you are.
Unlock the achievments by scoring, passing, tackling etc etc

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:33pm (PST)
You get hints on where you should be positioned by little yellow arrows telling you where you should be standing and when.

If you're playing offline, the best place to go is up front as you'll see more of the ball.

If you're going online I'd suggest a midfield position (the two are seperate so you can have two) as everybody rushes for strikers and midfielders are often underrated.

Date:   Oct 16, 12 at 5:48pm (PST)
THANKS!
I'm playing offline.
I understand the yellow arrows but I seem to lose points even when they're not on screen or lose them after they've been on screen for all of a second.
I've found the objectives for both the entire season and the upcoming four matches...it's the in game stuff that gets me beat. If I back off and stay out of the play I just lose points without any idea why and if I get involved for all the good things I do I get little to no reward and inevitably make mistakes and again lose points there as well.

Author:   shaunie
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 9:44am (PST)
Decided to create my pro. I'm a left winger who plays with Barcelona B. Didn't really think it through as I'm not getting a game because of Deloufeu
I like how much this feature has changed this year though. I've only played 3 games but I've enjoyed it so far.

Author:   Seanlfc
Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 11:21am (PST)
Can you play with your created pro both online and offline?
I made a pro to play in pro clubs and was wondering if I can use the same one offline?

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 11:51am (PST)
I dont think so Seanlfc, I can only use my vp in career mode...

Date:   Oct 18, 12 at 5:12pm (PST)
Ok...Playing as a Striker is definitely easier...67 >>> 71...only played half the games and won player of the year and was two goals shy of golden boot as well. Only in the A-League mind you but still pretty good going.
Had offers during the mid-season transfer window but none in the off-season (August) so I assume the manager decided to reject all offers since there was apparently interest from clubs.
Do you get marked harder as your player develops in terms of match rating? Any idea why towards the end of some games my rating will drop up to 2.5 points without any yellow arrows, errors or even touching the ball?

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.