Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Youth Academy - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1768158-youth-academy/

Author:   minigunny101244
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 4:56am (PST)
Subject:   Youth Academy
-------------------------------------------
My scouts have found some players with 85+ potential. What is the best way to try and get the players to reach their potential?

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:07am (PST)
Subject:   re: Youth Academy
quote minigunny101244
My scouts have found some players with 85+ potential. What is the best way to try and get the players to reach their potential?
If you can't give them 10-15 gamea a season then loan them out to a club where they will play quite a lot. However, if you want to keep them at your club then subbing them in late on in games and letting them play against cup opposition and lower league teams in your division will be good experience for them.

Author:   minigunny101244
Date:   Sep 29, 12 at 5:16am (PST)
Thanks, i'll loan them as they are not good enough for my first team and so would only weaken my bench if I put them on it.

Author:   OB9
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 7:02pm (PST)
Scouted out in Chile for attackers, got a striker who's potential is 91-94 but he's still 15 his overall is 65-75 I simulated a season (didn't save it lol) just to see this strikers overall once promoted to the 1st team it was 69.. Not bad for a 16 year old.

Author:   Chelsea Mint FC
Date:   Oct 10, 12 at 7:41pm (PST)
If youngsters are played regularly enough, they can exceede their potential, but the only way to do that is obviously play them, so the more you play them and the bigger the role you give them, the more they will grow. Loaning players out is a good option, but when they are around the ages of 17-18, when their overall ability is low, they might not be given the role that you'd like at the loaned clubs, so if you have a player with really high potential, the best thing to do is keep them at your club and play them as regularly as possible, bringing them on as subs, giving them the chance to start in league and particularly cup games.

Author:   ste2011
Date:   Oct 17, 12 at 5:18am (PST)
I will always play youth players in cup matches and if playing against weaker sides in the league or Europe, I'll put a youth in defence, midfield or attack alongside an experience player. That way if they do screw anything up, the experienced players around them will cover for them.

I also tend to have 1-2 youth players on the bench for every game so if I'm 3-0 up in a match, it's fairly risk free to bring them on for extra playing time.

I tend to have 1-2 preferred youth players who get slightly more playing time then others if they have a high potential. It works for me really well as I had a 16yr old CM who was overall 64 when promoted mid-season, then ended the season on 69, then after playing him in my 1st pre-season friendly, went up to 70 so increased by 6 in half a season.

Saying that, I had a look at the free agents at the start of my second season and there was an Italian ST rated 77 at 18yrs old worth £11Million! He must of come from another teams youth system and never offered a contract!? Obviously I signed him up and currently rated 79 in December of same season.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.