Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Moan Thread - page 8

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1767724-moan-thread/8.htm

Author:   smarti3
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
Subject:   re: The Moan Thread
-------------------------------------------
Jono LT usually helps and dont sprint unless you really have to

Push a midfielder back if they're making an advance. If they are use LT and mark who you think they'll pass to and use the RB (R1 on PS3) to call for backup

andrew2099 I hate having to watch replays, but to be fair you play to win right ? Does it really matter how you score ?

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:30am (PST)
quote JonesLFC
Yes, valid complaints those. But its still 2nd best. The other fifas had much bigger problems than the ones you mentioned.
And?

Should we be thankful that EA have entirely ignored us since release, that they've made no effort whatsoever to address the complaints and flaws in these features that not only they, but you were hyping up pre-release and ensuring people like me it would be great? Just because you think it's a bit better than last year?

And i dont know why you're so sick of some of those things already when they only really happened last night.
Because it's been a week and the mode is already verging on unplayable, as I said it would be once players start to improve and the flaws become exposed. Boosted midgets have been there since the start, scrapy goals have been there since the start, 7 back has been there since the start. It's just getting more and more noticeable given people seem to have twigged that it's nigh on impossible to break down teams who play in such a way.

Ai spraying perfect passes isnt such a valid complaint though. We're division 2 so they're good now.
Nothing to do with that, the AI for opposistion in terms of on the ball hasn't changed from release to now, playing with an ANY should not leave you at a disadvantage on an online mode, which it is if you can rely on a *bleep*ing rock solid defence that can also hammer out a pinpoint 50 yard pass just because some little blue haired dwarf can sit and hammer X for the ball.

If we had no any you'd just moan if their passing wasnt better.
Bollocks, I'd moan because it wouldn't suit our style of play at all, if we were playing 5-2-3 and we were rapid midgets we'd rape, but we're above playing like absolute inbreds.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 5:49am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
Should we be thankful that EA have entirely ignored us since release, that they've made no effort whatsoever to address the complaints and flaws in these features that not only they, but you were hyping up pre-release and ensuring people like me it would be great? Just because you think it's a bit better than last year?
It's a lot better than last year imo. You didn't even play it I'm thankful EA have changed all of the stuff I mentioned in that post. Because those were the things that deemed the mode unplayable, not the stuff that's annoying us at the moment. Trying to win against good VPs or defensive teams isn't even half as bad as those other issues. It isn't impossible if you play well. Last year our defenders were tiny and slow, at least we have a chance this year. And VP GKs made the mode completely unplayable.

quote DjedwardSmith
Because it's been a week and the mode is already verging on unplayable, as I said it would be once players start to improve and the flaws become exposed. Boosted midgets have been there since the start, scrapy goals have been there since the start, 7 back has been there since the start. It's just getting more and more noticeable given people seem to have twigged that it's nigh on impossible to break down teams who play in such a way.
Not sure it's because people are twigging anything, more like there's more teams playing like that in the top divisions. You can't really make that assumption after one session either. Majority of the matches i've played have been fine and i've really enjoyed them. Our record speaks for itself.

quote DjedwardSmith
Nothing to do with that, the AI for opposistion in terms of on the ball hasn't changed from release to now, playing with an ANY should not leave you at a disadvantage on an online mode, which it is if you can rely on a *bleep*ing rock solid defence that can also hammer out a pinpoint 50 yard pass just because some little blue haired dwarf can sit and hammer X for the ball.
Don't think it's a disadvantage at all. It's harder when they go more defensive yeah, but games where they've had 4 in defence and no any have been easy and we've had no real difficulty beating them.

quote DjedwardSmith
Bollocks, I'd moan because it wouldn't suit our style of play at all, if we were playing 5-2-3 and we were rapid midgets we'd rape, but we're above playing like absolute inbreds.
I was talking about the AI's passing, not playing 5 at the back or being midgets. We complained last year when our AI's passing was terrible. So i'm not going to complain at it being good.

Author:   Ademfthbdrg
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:40am (PST)
David Rutter is a shit *bleep* and needs to *bleep* off the game, and why is online so bias and shite?

Author:   Tomdjdjdjwh
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:47am (PST)
David Rutter has officially *bleep*ed the fifa franchise up and if he don't quit I'll murder him in his sleep

Author:   Ademfthbdrg
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:48am (PST)
quote Tomdjdjdjwh
David Rutter has officially *bleep*ed the fifa franchise up and if he don't quit I'll murder him in his sleep

Author:   luke225
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 6:49am (PST)
Online season, last game of the season, need a win to be promoted and the *bleep*er quits straight away at 0-0.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 7:34am (PST)
quote JonesLFC
Because those were the things that deemed the mode unplayable, not the stuff that's annoying us at the moment.
All of which only came about months into the game, not after the first week.

Trying to win against good VPs or defensive teams isn't even half as bad as those other issues. It isn't impossible if you play well.
Yes, it is impossible, there is literally no way to get through 7 defenders set to ultra defensive and rapid midgets ready to counter unless you either employ the same tactics and sell your soul or have a team of 11 vp's.

Not sure it's because people are twigging anything, more like there's more teams playing like that in the top divisions.
Yeah, so that's even more of a sign that it's the most effective way to go about winning then?

You can't really make that assumption after one session either. Majority of the matches i've played have been fine and i've really enjoyed them. Our record speaks for itself.
Our record was always going to be good because we were well above average quality as a team and our records are always ace for the first week or so when the game is still new and everyone is on a mostly level playing field.

Don't think it's a disadvantage at all. It's harder when they go more defensive yeah, but games where they've had 4 in defence and no any have been easy and we've had no real difficulty beating them.
Can't recall the last time we played a team with only 4 at the back, I genuinely can't. The only time no any has been easy has been when the other team are dunces and use an offside trap, and even then that was ages ago.

I was talking about the AI's passing, not playing 5 at the back or being midgets. We complained last year when our AI's passing was terrible. So i'm not going to complain at it being good.
It's not about it good, it's about it being entirely inconsistent. If Scott plays a pass to you and it goes out of play, at some point the AI should do the same. They don't. They play faultless passes, all of the time.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 7:44am (PST)
It's pathetic isn't it all this stuff. People just want to win at all costs and I really don't understand the mentality. It's nice to see that other people don't want to "sell their soul" but were probably a very small percentage of people fighting against it.

It's just annoying tbh, you try play the right but it it's like you have to fight against the game to do so. Then after the game you get messages off some little *bleep* saying things like "learn to play the game!" or "you're shit hahahaha we won 1-0" they have absolutely no appreciation for the way we try to play. Makes you feel like what's the point in bothering with it at all.

I remember that dream team glitch on FIFA 09, it was like EVERYONE used it except us. Then in FIFA 10 there was that lob that went in every time I think it was by pressing LT + X, every time someone went one on one we would say to each other "lob" and sure enough 9 times out of 10 they would lob our keeper. For some reason people don't understand that doing that totally ruins the game for every one but they don't care all they want to do is win.

Then on FIFA 11 there was the modded 7ft 10 VP's. I honestly reckon if there was a way to mod your pro so that every shot you had went in then 99% of people would use it.

Hahaha I've just found a picture I took of a formation we faced on FIFA 11, this is the type of people you're playing against.

By the way what happened to "100% completed pros will be more like real life players than super humans" or whatever it was they said, games only been out 2 weeks and there's these freaks sprinting all over the joint for 90 minutes completely blazing all the defenders.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:08am (PST)
Whatever you do, stay away from the EA Forums Chappy112, I've given in and started posting on there just because it's full of idiotic children slating anybody that uses the 'Any' position because the mode is about VP's and you should only control one player.

Horrifically, there's loads of them too.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 8:58am (PST)
I went Any for a few just now and enjoyed it. Randoms are so much better in terms of pace and strength. They can't be any better than this or it'll be too much tbh, you can only outpace defenders if you're very, very quick. Scott could only outpace defenders sometimes and his pro is pretty good. Depended on right ball and run more than anything which is good. We won 3, drew 1, lost 1. The loss shouldn't have been a loss, we had loads of possession, decent few chances and I could have done better for the 2 goals we conceded. Well, not so much first one but 2nd deffo. Tried to play more patient tiki taka stuff and it worked.

quote DjedwardSmith
All of which only came about months into the game, not after the first week.
Nope. Wins not counting and loads of DCs happened from the start on 09 and were never fixed from what I remember. Scripted games were from the start. Super human GKs were from the start in other games due to the fact that people were allowed to boost offline for hours or download pros before even starting playing online.

quote DjedwardSmith
Yes, it is impossible, there is literally no way to get through 7 defenders set to ultra defensive and rapid midgets ready to counter unless you either employ the same tactics and sell your soul or have a team of 11 vp's.
It's obviously harder, but no, it definitely is not impossible. Bit of patience and good play and it's winnable. Same as playing vs Stoke in real life lol. And we just beat a defensive team by doing that. Or maybe it was a draw, can't remember. But we scored and could have got more. There was an example last night too when our decisions were shite in terms of shooting or squaring it, and we missed a pen.

quote DjedwardSmith
Yeah, so that's even more of a sign that it's the most effective way to go about winning then?
Not really. More try hard twats in higher divisions who play those tactics as they're afraid of losing. And the higher you are, the faster their VPs will be, and the better players you come up against too. Even though some of their tactics can be gay, it works in a sense: the higher divisions are noticeably harder

quote DjedwardSmith
Our record was always going to be good because we were well above average quality as a team and our records are always ace for the first week or so when the game is still new and everyone is on a mostly level playing field.
Yeah I know, but I meant that we haven't lost many games at all so these issues haven't prevented us from doing well.

quote DjedwardSmith
Can't recall the last time we played a team with only 4 at the back, I genuinely can't. The only time no any has been easy has been when the other team are dunces and use an offside trap, and even then that was ages ago.
Wasn't such a big problem when you were away in Blackpool. Few teams had 4 today too. Or at least it seemed that way in some of them, due to us outplaying them (: We only had one up front as well and probably would have been even easier with an extra runner. Our other players were wing forwards out wide and centre mids.

quote DjedwardSmith
It's not about it good, it's about it being entirely inconsistent. If Scott plays a pass to you and it goes out of play, at some point the AI should do the same. They don't. They play faultless passes, all of the time.
Scott isn't the AI though so I don't know why you're making that comparison. There's plenty of advantages of having an Any so I'm not at all bothered if they have decent passing. It was terrible in every way in previous clubs.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 9:45am (PST)
quote JonesLFC
Scott could only outpace defenders sometimes and his pro is pretty good.
Because he, like the pair of us, doesn't exploit it by using a 5 2 midget with maximum pace.

Nope. Wins not counting and loads of DCs happened from the start on 09 and were never fixed from what I remember. Scripted games were from the start. Super human GKs were from the start in other games due to the fact that people were allowed to boost offline for hours or download pros before even starting playing online.
Neither of which were game breaking (we still enjoyed it far more than the rest of clubs). Super human GK's still exist in this, we've just not come across many yet because it's taking time to level them up.

Not really. More try hard twats in higher divisions who play those tactics as they're afraid of losing. And the higher you are, the faster their VPs will be, and the better players you come up against too. Even though some of their tactics can be gay, it works in a sense: the higher divisions are noticeably harder
Yes, and they all employ the same tactics which show that it's overpowered and the easiest way to go about winning.

Yeah I know, but I meant that we haven't lost many games at all so these issues haven't prevented us from doing well.
And as I said in the very part you were replying to;
quote DjedwardSmith
our records are always ace for the first week or so when the game is still new and everyone is on a mostly level playing field.
Scott isn't the AI though so I don't know why you're making that comparison.
Because you're already starting with a disadvantage when the AI are practically faultless yet they're apparently players with the same stats as your Any should be using.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 10:16am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
Because he, like the pair of us, doesn't exploit it by using a 5 2 midget with maximum pace.
No, but his VP is still fast, and can outpace defenders, but only depending on the ball and run.

quote DjedwardSmith
Neither of which were game breaking (we still enjoyed it far more than the rest of clubs). Super human GK's still exist in this, we've just not come across many yet because it's taking time to level them up.
Not gamebreaking? Could have fooled me. Immense amount of rage from you two when our wins weren't counting and we were getting DC'd. As i said, we've only come across one or two goalkeepers so far so it is not a problem atm. And hopefully IF they are a problem at some point, the filter might work by then.

quote DjedwardSmith
Yes, and they all employ the same tactics which show that it's overpowered and the easiest way to go about winning.
Yeah. But still winnable though. Especially with our randoms being good enough to cope.

quote DjedwardSmith
And as I said in the very part you were replying to;
quote DjedwardSmith
our records are always ace for the first week or so when the game is still new and everyone is on a mostly level playing field.
Yes, but you're missing my point. You're complaining so much but these problems haven't actually prevented us from doing well so far. Even when you were raging last night, those games were winnable anyway. And we did well today too.

quote DjedwardSmith
Because you're already starting with a disadvantage when the AI are practically faultless yet they're apparently players with the same stats as your Any should be using.
I refuse to believe AI are better than me or Scott as Any. Ok, so some of their long passes can be accurate, but that's it.

And still, add up all your complaints about this game and they're not as bad as previous fifas.

GKs not a problem. Randoms can cope with VPs. No glitches. Good connectivity. Finesse shots nerfed. Etc etc. I'm content those issues are gone.

Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 10:49am (PST)
quote JonesLFC
No, but his VP is still fast, and can outpace defenders, but only depending on the ball and run.
And if he went 5 2 he'd outpace them every single time.

Not gamebreaking? Could have fooled me. Immense amount of rage from you two when our wins weren't counting and we were getting DC'd.
You think that was an immense amount of rage? You don't know what immense amount of rage from me is.

Yes, but you're missing my point. You're complaining so much but these problems haven't actually prevented us from doing well so far. Even when you were raging last night, those games were winnable anyway. And we did well today too.
I refuse to believe AI are better than me or Scott as Any. Ok, so some of their long passes can be accurate, but that's it.
No, all of their passes are accurate. How often do you see them having a poor first touch, hitting a simple pass out of play, missing an open goal like our guys have?

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 11:08am (PST)
I really thought that first touch thing was great in the demo but online it's so *bleep*ing random. I can't even pass to my defenders on clubs without the ball bouncing off them from simple passes. Someone suggested using LT/L2 but when I do that to control it does a better touch but it isn't smooth at all it's like the player get's stuck and goes all robotic for a few seconds.

My team always struggles against no any when they have 7 in defence because of the way we play it's really hard to break them down. To me when it's a cpu any the cpu should decide whether or not the pass is on or possible, kinda like in PES, you can ask for it but you won't always get it. In FIFA though you loose the ball in their box, their defender is facing their own goal, 3 midgets up front hammering A and suddenly he kicks the ball 60 yards as he's turning right onto one of the midgets big toes and away they go on a 3 on 3 with blistering pace.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.