Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Moan Thread - page 7

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1767724-moan-thread/7.htm

Author:   Jono
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:09pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Moan Thread
-------------------------------------------
How the *bleep* do you defend

Author:   andrew2209
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:40pm (PST)
Anyone that has to watch the replay of a jew goal 3 times. Seriously, scoring a jew goal is being a dick, watching it 3 times is even more stupid.

Author:   Splitr
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 12:50pm (PST)
joining a national team that already played 4 games and is 0/12 making it impossible to qualify

Author:   luke225
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 1:54pm (PST)
quote arwelt
Anyone else scoring/conceding a huge amount of goals in the 45th minute? Swear down in nearly every UT game I've played there's been a 45th minute goal
Mines the 88th.

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:19pm (PST)
quote luke225
quote arwelt
Anyone else scoring/conceding a huge amount of goals in the 45th minute? Swear down in nearly every UT game I've played there's been a 45th minute goal
Mines the 88th.
Even when there looks like there wont be a goal, the ref gives some dodgy penalty because I've pressed X and attempted to pass it

Author:   luke225
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:21pm (PST)
Another 88th minute winner again

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 2:57pm (PST)
It's a conspiracy!
Close to turning off the commentary because John Motson is predicting when I'm going to concede from corners
In the last few games alone
"The momentum is all theirs, surely they'll get back in it soon?"
*concede from the corner taken as he says that
"With all these corners, a chance must come soon"
*Concede from the corner he's talking about

Author:   CaddyZx
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 3:36pm (PST)
At the moment I can't play h2h, store my winning bids on UT, play UT online and neither can I play clubs. Epic.

Author:   Scott
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:11pm (PST)
you're not missing out on clubs anyway as it's as dire as it was on fifa 12, if not worse.

near enough everyone uses a 5 at the back formation the *bleep*ing *bleep*s. and to top it off they go ultra-defensive so it's like trying to break down a brick wall every game. their defence is camped so deep in their own half it's annoying to break down. makes for very boring games when the ai can magically do perfect passes to their 5"2 *bleep*ing afro midgets.

the filter doesn't work. the main addition to this years mode and it's *bleep*ing useless. searching for opponents with an any yet we tend to face the ai a fair amount. also have it not to find overpowered *bleep*ing vp gks yet it still matches us against them. i'd rather it say "no opponents could be found" rather than playing those *bleep*.

first touch has made clubs EVEN scrappier than what it was. the random players you get are still as shite but now they can't control simple passes. top stuff.

Author:   Chappy_112
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 6:21pm (PST)
quote Scott
you're not missing out on clubs anyway as it's as dire as it was on fifa 12, if not worse.

near enough everyone uses a 5 at the back formation the *bleep*ing *bleep*s. and to top it off they go ultra-defensive so it's like trying to break down a brick wall every game. their defence is camped so deep in their own half it's annoying to break down. makes for very boring games when the ai can magically do perfect passes to their 5"2 *bleep*ing afro midgets.

the filter doesn't work. the main addition to this years mode and it's *bleep*ing useless. searching for opponents with an any yet we tend to face the ai a fair amount. also have it not to find overpowered *bleep*ing vp gks yet it still matches us against them. i'd rather it say "no opponents could be found" rather than playing those *bleep*.

first touch has made clubs EVEN scrappier than what it was. the random players you get are still as shite but now they can't control simple passes. top stuff.
Lmao I was playing clubs yesterday as any and it was virtually impossible to play nice possession football, all that happened was the ball would bounce off the crappy players and their 9 men behind the ball would immediately pounce. Some gimp for them would sprint down the wing and request the ball which of course the cpu puts on his toe for him to sprint away for a 2 on 2 at my defence.

Then when you play a team with an any it's constantly launched balls over the top to their speedy strikers.

I've said it before but it really is the worst game I've ever played.

Author:   CupidStunt
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:06pm (PST)
Game *bleep*s up if a player is on the sidelines injured, and the half-time whistle goes before you make a sub.
It just shows the stadium as it does at half time, and you can pause it, even make subs, but it still doesn't do anything after it.

Do EA beta test for like 5 seconds?

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 04, 12 at 7:52pm (PST)
Surprised at the criticism of clubs this year. I think it's by far the 2nd best one to date. 09 was obviously best, but even that had issues. That had a god awful back post glitch which was spammed to death, much worse connectivity and I remember wins didn't count, and later on an ultimate dream team glitch. 4 things which aren't issues in this game. 09 was different though because of the real players and same ratings, not to mention it was the first year so obviously the most enjoyable, like any game. So I won't compare that to newer fifas. Now, onto the other games. I think they've made improvements on the following:

> AI randoms. Still difficult because they suck, but I think it's a lot more fair than previous years. They used to be unbelievably slow midgets, but at least they're bigger and quicker now. I haven't used them myself yet but SO many times i've thought "There's no way in hell he would have done that in previous years" when our any Scott kept up with their VP or out-muscled them. Goalkeepers are a bit better too. They've been absolute donkeys in the past but ours has kept us in a lot of games so far.

> Finesse shots. Even though sometimes I feel my finesse shots are worthy of hitting the back of the net, I'm still really glad they nerfed them. They were far too easy and i was tired of people scoring that same goal especially when you couldn't do much to prevent it.

> no impossible matches. Over the years, this has been the biggest problem. No matter what you did some matches were literally impossible to win for various reasons; Sometimes you got those awfully scripted games in the rain, which usually ended 4-3 (a score which was usually predicted by DjedwardSmith before kick off haha) and shit like open goals hitting the post when you know you did everything in your power to score it. None of that now.
Or, like last year, because of super duper VP goalkeepers who were impossible to score against. I know there are still some VP GKs, but hopefully the filter will eventually work. And besides, i've only ever seen one, maybe two so far, whereas it was every other game last year and a massive gamebreaker.

> The divisions setup. So far i've really enjoyed trying to get X amount of points to win the title, and it's been a really good challenge trying to adapt to the next division. Especially earlier on when your VP isn't as good.

> Connectivity: best fifa so far for me in terms of connectivity. Haven't DC'd once yet. Never even had jumpy lag or a delay, which was sometimes a big problem in previous years. For the past 2 years i also had an issue where my game would freeze for a few seconds, and when that happened in clubs last year i got DC'd. But thankfully it doesn't freeze anymore.

I have a few complaints but i'm not even sure about them tbh:

> the fact that the filter doesn't work: It's not a massive problem playing against the CPU, we've found it relatively easy so far providing they dont have 5 back with ultra defensive. (That's the biggest problem, and that happens when they have an any anyway.) But i still prefer playing vs an Any and no vp GK regardless.

> gameplay speed can be a bit too fast. But im not sure because it does help the gameplay flow better with rubbish randoms. It's just that it's sometimes a bit too fast and it leads to more scrappy games when it's harder to make decisions and put passes together.

> I wouldn't have allowed people to buy stat boosts. But then again i won't complain about that because i think the setup is so much better than before where you could download a maxxed out VP or just boost for hours offline.

Even though the AI randoms have improved, the biggest difficulty in the game is still coming up against awesome VPs with pace. Not sure how they can change this though unless they go back to having all the same stats like on 09, but I don't like that. It will always be a problem like this though, especially with this setup. People with good, fast VPs are better players too, and in higher divisions, so its going to be harder. Will also mean faster gameplay which is of course a lot harder to defend against too

So yeah, no major complaints really, so I can't see why people are moaning so much. Definitely better than previous ones imo.

Author:   c_lynch
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 12:23am (PST)
It's really , really annoying having to quit game because you never get out of the arena half the time in h2h

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 3:03am (PST)
Are you just after attention joneslfc? It's called a moan thread for a reason, not a lets praise the game and attempt to defend the shambles it actually is thread.

Sick of boosted midgets, sick of scrappy goals, sick of so spraying perfect passes, sick of 7 back, sick of no time on the ball

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 05, 12 at 4:30am (PST)
Yes, valid complaints those. But its still 2nd best. The other fifas had much bigger problems than the ones you mentioned.And i dont know why you're so sick of some of those things already when they only really happened last night.

Ai spraying perfect passes isnt such a valid complaint though. We're division 2 so they're good now. If we had no any you'd just moan if their passing wasnt better.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.