Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Moan Thread - page 5

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1767724-moan-thread/5.htm

Author:   Sigge
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 1:35pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Moan Thread
-------------------------------------------
Seems like everyone's having some problem with this game, EA must start to make games that wont freeze and that you can play however and whenever you want!!

Author:   CaddyZx
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 1:43pm (PST)
Why the *bleep* is the gameplay so fast. Could of been such a good game as well.

Few problems I have with the game:

First touch is inconsistent and flawed
Ultimate team is pathetic. 100 chemistry and high morale dictate too much
Red latency on every single game I play on clubs
Constant bits of lag that ruin games
The *bleep*ing shit wanking *bleep*ing filter doesn't work on clubs

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 1:50pm (PST)
CaddyZx
You can change the game speed.

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 1:52pm (PST)
quote Sigge
CaddyZx
still too fast imo.

Author:   luke225
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 2:05pm (PST)
EA servers are just full on shit.

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 2:42pm (PST)
quote Sigge
CaddyZx
No, the standard game speed should be lower.

Can you even change the game speed online?

Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 2:54pm (PST)
The game speed is not as much of a problem for me.
Not being able to continue my United career because of EA is crap though!

Author:   Johnny Boi
Date:   Oct 01, 12 at 7:26pm (PST)
my only moan would be ea having problems with their servers year after year the same problems, i actually quite like the game, but the online is flawed atm.

not really played that much pro clubs, wont really bother until they patch the filter, but from what i've played it seems sound. i like that your ai players go up as you move up divisions so they can compete with all the teams that have 8 or 9 vps running about and you're any against it. goalkeepers are horrendously shit in the bottom division though.

Author:   Chelsfccg
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 3:39am (PST)
Is it me or do players seem to decrease far to early and quickly in career mode I've seen players age 29 and 30 start going down rapidly without having any kind of injury?

Author:   Scott
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:21am (PST)
i really don't enjoy this years fut so far. i've not even got a bad record online (12-2-1) but it's just too fast. full of ping pong passing and lobbed through balls. every team you face is so pacey and it seems more important on this one than the last one. the game speed needs to be toned down but i doubt ea will bother so i don't think i'll play this years half as much as i played fut12. i'll probably end up just playing seasons mode online.

add to that, i played a 4-2-3-1 yet my defensive mids were bombing forward like mad men even though they had med/high work rates which is ridiculous. at least on 12 they stayed back.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 4:47am (PST)
The pace of the game on UT is ridiculous compared to clubs and seasons.

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 10:19am (PST)
yeah, i played a few seasons games earlier and it was far more enjoyable. you actually have time to keep possession and play some football.

another moan is power shots are overpowered on this one. so easy to score goals with those. they toned down finesse shots and made those less effective but they've done the opposite with power shots.

Author:   Goonjimbo
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 10:25am (PST)
I painstakingly went and changed all the English teams stadium names so they are correct. Unfortunately I did it after I'd started my Manager Mode and Player Mode and for some reason the changes aren't reflected in that mode so my home ground is still Ivy Lane.

^Lamest moan ever

Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 10:32am (PST)
oh yeah, just thought of some other things i've noticed. whilst playing online sometimes a full back will drop stupidly deep when the opposition has a free-kick or goal kick and i mean to the edge of the 18 yard box ish when the other 3 are keeping a good line just inside their own half. this is annoying as then he could easily play their strikers onside. bug that needs fixing.

also, in a few games i've played after a free-kick has been awarded sometimes the linesman ends up on the pitch. i noticed it's him and not the ref as i saw him running with his flag back to where he should be haha. i'm sure JonesLFC was in a clubs match with me when this happened.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 02, 12 at 11:30am (PST)
quote Scott
oh yeah, just thought of some other things i've noticed. whilst playing online sometimes a full back will drop stupidly deep when the opposition has a free-kick or goal kick and i mean to the edge of the 18 yard box ish when the other 3 are keeping a good line just inside their own half. this is annoying as then he could easily play their strikers onside. bug that needs fixing.

also, in a few games i've played after a free-kick has been awarded sometimes the linesman ends up on the pitch. i noticed it's him and not the ref as i saw him running with his flag back to where he should be haha. i'm sure JonesLFC was in a clubs match with me when this happened.
I've noticed the first one too!

And yep I saw the lino having a stroll around the pitch hahaha that was class

I both like & dislike the pace of the game. On one hand, i thought it was way too fast. Unrealistically fast. But on the other hand, the bit of extra pace helps the gameplay flow so much better I think, plus it means you shouldn't commit loads of players forward and jump out of position. All you need to do is play a bit slower and patient if someone does that and you'll have all the space you want. I think i'm used to the pace now anyway, not an issue at all anymore. And yeah, whoever said about changing the gameplay speed, I think it's pretty much the same when you put it on slow lol, or at least it was on the demo anyway...

quote CaddyZx
Why the *bleep* is the gameplay so fast. Could of been such a good game as well.

Few problems I have with the game:

First touch is inconsistent and flawed
Ultimate team is pathetic. 100 chemistry and high morale dictate too much
Red latency on every single game I play on clubs
Constant bits of lag that ruin games
The *bleep*ing shit wanking *bleep*ing filter doesn't work on clubs
Tbh, i disagree about the first touch thing. I quite like that feature, rather than having every player have perfect touches every time.

And it's quite obvious the latency thing on clubs doesn't work properly, I think it's always red? But i haven't come across one match yet where i've had lag. None at all whatsoever

I'd also like to know how the matchmaking works on UT. Squad rating? Chemistry? The player's skill level? I somehow doubt there's many suitable opponents who have everything the same as us when we search. That's what i think happens anyway

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.