Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: The Moan Thread - page 10

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1767724-moan-thread/10.htm

Author:   streaky
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:19pm (PST)
Subject:   re: The Moan Thread
-------------------------------------------
1. These much publiscised attacking runs are none existant. I don’t ever see my players making these and different when they were before. I’ve had numerous occasions where I’ve broken from defence with my holding midfielder or with a defender and they run past the attacking midfielders who just hang back and do nothing, the only players who do move are my forwards (as you’d expect) and even their runs are nothing but straight lines, usually into a defender whom they fall over. There are no curved runs as you see (and do yourself if you actually play real football) in all levels of football

2. CPU clearances. Are all CPU players Franz Beckenbaur or Ronald Koeman? Everytime I have an attack that fails (especially from corners) the CPU defenders pick up the ball and smash a 60 yard driven pass straight to their strikers, there is never an aimless punt downfield which is something that 9/10 times IRL is what always happens

3. Fouls. I’ve played 60 odd games now in a career on Legendary mode and have probably had about5 free kicks. In that whole time I’ve only seen the CPU get 1 yellow card (for a penalty) and have never seen a red card shown. CPU players barge through the back of you and collect the ball at ease yet if I do the same the CPU player either goes down like a sack of potatoes and gets awarded a free kick or the ref just blows anyway. There is no sense of aggression from the CPU, it should be implimented as you see in all contact sports, if I’m stuffing a CPU team I want some of their players to get p*ssed off and hack me down (like you get in online games against people who are crap at the game)

4. Being mobbed. CPU players can mob up in packs of 3 or 4 in some cases and crowd you out, regardless of using tactical or llegacy defending the most you can position is 2 because as soon as you change your man he runs off back into his ‘position’

5. Handsballs. They need to be brought back as an option, I know some didn’t like them in FIFA 10 but I did as it a real part of the game and needs to be included. You can’t just ignore it

6. My CPU controlled players forget about the earlier mentioned attacking runs but generally all of my CPU players are just thick. I see them standing about and roughly holding positions but they never react to a run or try and cut of angles for passes. It’s in the game to do it surely as the CPU itself does this quite well, my players just don’t bother

7. The half time/full time ‘advantage’. Now this has bugged me for years, whenever time is up (for either half) the CPU AWLAYS get’s a time advantage. For example on 90 mins I have a corner and there is no added time, if I take that corner and my earlier point (number 2) happens the CPU is always allowed one last attack, the ref will ONLY stop the game once one of my players touches the ball. If its the other way round as soon as I clear it (or try and pass it as I know I can’t pull off a point 2 without their defender just barging me out of the way) then it’s whistle blown, game over. I appreciate it adds drama but it is very annoying and doesn’t happen online

8. Throw ins. What do I have to do to get my players to actually mark CPU players for a throw in? This again has been happening for years now and is incredibly frustrating, the CPU marks anyone within 20 yeards of the ball when I have a throw but there is nothing I can do to make mine do the same

9. Free kicks. They are just rubbish now, I’ve taken them and scored them but unless you’re Lionel Messi then chances are you ain’t scoring, yhou don’t even get close. I’m not asking much but hell, even Sunday League football played by 40 year old men conjur up the odd screamer from my experience yet in FIFA 13 you won’t get anywhere near something like that. I admit that I’m not overly bothered about shooting free kicks (I’ll leave that level of self gratification to the juvenilles who jerk off over them) but the ones from out wide or from distances where you are looking to play the ball into the area are woeful.

10. Headers. Generally they are rubbish, The PCU usually wins them and everytime they do, especially with a 50/50, they go straight to their player. If by some miracle I win a 50/50 I will usually not have a player anywhere near me and one of the CPU’s will pick it up.

11. Rections. Sometimes when there is a scramble in the box it would be nice for one of my CPU controlled players to just react to the ball. It’s frustrating trying to select the right player as you frantically press the button hoping for it to give you the one you want but invariably it doesn’t and the ball is cleared when if the CPU just reacted for you it could tap in an easy goal or keep possession.

12. Substitutions. Boring, the animation takes so long. We need an option to turn it off as it adds nothing to the game

13. Sulking players after being tackled. Why is this STILL in the game. I go on a run, get tackled/barged off the ball/fouled/whatever and for a good second or two my player sulks and is uncontrolable. The CPU players don’t do it so why do mine. I’ve lost count over the past god knows how many versions of this game that this has cost me the chance to regain the ball or stopped me from having a chance

14. Bad touches. I love the idea behind this but again it’s another addition that is sh*t. The CPU rarely takes a bad touch and when it does happen it’s always to one of their players who is either not it a vital position or they are in acres of space so easily regain control. My players on the other hand do it all the time, mostly my wingers, and regardless of whether it is a simple 3 yard pass or a cross field looping pass or 60 yard driven ball.

I guess nothing will ever get done about these points, or any of the otehr valid ones that are offered by people who play the game. We have to accept that this is a game made for kids and Americans. Unfortunatly it's a sport that is only really loved by Europeans, Africans and South Americans yet it is programmed by Asians and North Americans so what do we really expect?

This message was edited on 2012-10-06T12:30:26-07:00.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 12:59pm (PST)
quote c_lynch
Had to just turn off the console mid-game earlier. Was running through with Muriel , take the big touch round the goalie but cassano's in my team just runs into the ball, didn't let me lock onto him nor make him control the ball. He just ran into the ball knocking it out the park. This game is aids.
Aye I've had this once or twice, he just stumbles forward and won't respond to any movements

Author:   Suicide Messiah
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 1:11pm (PST)
Ultimate Team is *bleep*ing up for me, cards are frozen in the trade section, and that EAS FC won't load as well.

Author:   ArsenalNo1Fan
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:25pm (PST)
Everytime I sign a good player he gets injured on his *bleep*ing debut!

Author:   ArwelT
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 2:26pm (PST)
quote Suicide Messiah
Ultimate Team is *bleep*ing up for me, cards are frozen in the trade section, and that EAS FC won't load as well.
Me and my mate have had this all day. It's extremely annoying not being able to put players I bought into my team, or to sell players ffs.

Author:   luke225
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:17pm (PST)
I'm in the process of selling all my team and signing players but I haven't been able to for most of the day. Joke.

Author:   SSJ4BROLY
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 3:51pm (PST)
Just played the demo of fifa 13 and it is 10x better than the full game, I cant understand why they changed it so much.

Author:   Scott
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 6:43pm (PST)
right, let's have a look at this then and see what they actually did to this years clubs.

filter clubs? yeah this works brilliantly when we search for anys and no human goalkeepers and we are continuously matched against teams with human gks or even ai controlled defences half of the time.

maxed out pros more realistic? not quite came up against any maxed out ones yet but have been up against some who are quite high and they play like they do last year.

tuning to human goalkeepers? are you *bleep*ing serious? we try to avoid them at all costs as we don't have one ourselves and they are seriously overpowered. and we've only played about 2 games vs teams with human gks as i noticed them too late to quit. we just played a match and we dominated them, had 10 shots; all on target yet the goalkeeper managed to save every shot and our ai goalkeeper can't even save a tame finesse shot from one of the random players. well done ea.

yes the players seem to have slightly improved in the divisions but they are still not good enough. i had a look at them the other day and they were 79/80/81 rated which is not good enough when in future you're going to face 88 rated vps. we're in division 2 now and that's the randoms stats so i don't see them improving much more.

if they could actually fix the filter it would be nice instead of just ignoring the issues, the *bleep*ing retards.

edit; you honestly just have to laugh at ea and how *bleep*ing useless they are. they take fut down for a few hours for maintenance to fix the issues and when it finally comes back up, it's still doing the same thing. all my stuff i sold earlier has gone through and i got the coins but i put a cheeky 1k bid on an arteta before the maintenance which has now expired only for him to be "completing..." in my trade pile. outstanding work ea.

This message was edited on 2012-10-06T19:11:04-07:00.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:21pm (PST)
So far i dont think ive felt *bleep*ed over vs an awesome pro whereas there was nothing at all you could do to stop them last year. I agree some of thr randoms could be better but im happy with defenders, i dont think they should be any better than they are or it would be too much.Those ratings arent too bad considering the majority of liverpool team are under 80 and i use them constantly. The randoms just feel basic with average all round stats, no certain strengths

Filter has to be fixed, vp gks ftl

Date:   Oct 06, 12 at 7:23pm (PST)
Scott the trade pile thing should be sorted, I also had the glitch when UT came back online but it went back to normal after viewing it.

Author:   Scott
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 5:32am (PST)
arwelt, yeah when i logged in this morning i was able to put the arteta up for sale. hopefully they've fixed the issue now..

joneslfc, you say they would be too good but that would make it fairer and more challenging. it means you would have to pass etc and do good moves rather than spamming over the top through balls where vps are faster than random defenders and can outmuscle them too.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 6:34am (PST)
quote Scott
joneslfc, you say they would be too good but that would make it fairer and more challenging. it means you would have to pass etc and do good moves rather than spamming over the top through balls where vps are faster than random defenders and can outmuscle them too.
Nah i think they'd be too good then tbh. I'm yet to see a VP convincingly outmuscle a centre back and they can barely properly outpace them either unless the ball & run are both good, and defender's positioning isnt

I've kept up with and outmuscled VPs so many times with ease that i've actually thought it was too easy tbh. That's happened a lot of times. When i was any the only times i got caught out was when i accidentally brought cb out or decided to jump out. Don't recall there ever being a time where they've blitzed my defenders for pace without me giving them a head-start. And on the last one, you could sprint towards your own goal with your defender the whole time and you couldn't stop them getting in behind you

Author:   Steve88
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 6:49am (PST)
Dear Allan McInally STFU, regards me.

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:09am (PST)
Did you not see that midget hold off three tackles from Scott yesterda JonesLFC? In the box, they just bounced off of him.

Date:   Oct 07, 12 at 8:30am (PST)
*bleep*ing hell EA. Trade Pile glitch is still there, can't put my player back up as he's stuck in active despite expiring.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.