Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Career Mode Discussion - I - page 9

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1762780-career-mode-discussion/9.htm

Author:   Eh Croissant
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 2:12am (PST)
Subject:   re: Career Mode Discussion - I
-------------------------------------------
quote Pompey Fan
What level do you guys play Career Mode?
Varies for me. When I was Porto I played on the league games on world class, except for when I played Benfica, Sporting or Braga when I would move it up to legendary. Also played European games on legendary. If I'm Swindon for example then I will play on world class and move it up to legendary if I get promoted or play a higher division team in a cup game.

Author:   Sigge
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:40am (PST)
Is the thing about loaning youth players out fixed?
On FIFA12 you couldn't loan them out until they were like 20 or something.
Can you loan them out when they're 16-19 now?

Author:   CosLamp
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:54am (PST)
quote Sigge
Is the thing about loaning youth players out fixed?
On FIFA12 you couldn't loan them out until they were like 20 or something.
Can you loan them out when they're 16-19 now?
Yes you could (there was a bug with loaning out 16 year olds but that was it, ea fixed it anyway), and so I'm assuming you still can.

Author:   Sigge
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 3:57am (PST)
Great!
Then maybe my youngsters from my own academy finally can get good!

In like 6-7 hours I'm playing FIFA13!

Author:   CosLamp
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 4:39am (PST)
quote Eh Croissant
Think there should be a seperate thread for updates, as peoples effort is again going to be drowned by constant posts instead of putting it in to one big update. Not to mention people quoting whole posts instead of simply notifiying.

And a life time ban for anyone who says 'he's a beast'...especially when talking about somebody like Bojan...
I definitely agree. Set up a "Home Dressing Room" style thread for people to casually discuss singular results or general career discussion, then a "Career Mode Stories" thread for more long-form story focused updates,

Author:   HFarnsworth
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 5:49am (PST)
quote Sigge
Great!

I seem to remember that in FIFA 12 your youth academy players always had to have made appearances in the first team before any loan offers would come in for them. Not sure if this was a bug or intentional.

Author:   Yogurt
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 7:57am (PST)
Don't have this game. I won't have it for a while. I'll still be checking this thread, though.

Author:   SSJ4BROLY
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:04am (PST)
quote Pompey Fan
What level do you guys play Career Mode?
Last year I just played legendary but this year I think I will play world class for home games and Legendary for away and derby games.

Author:   GingaMilla
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:21am (PST)
Has anyone else used the cash injection coin thing for 2,500 coins in the EA store thing?

I just used it now on my career mode with Rotherham just to get a little bit extra like a million or so.. I go to check my transfer budget, it's 41.6m! Though the wages stayed the same. I was totally shocked!

Author:   Disenchanted
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:28am (PST)
quote Sigge
Great!

just to clarify, you can definately loan youngsters out. I brought through a 16 year old from my academy who's now 19 and just through loaning him out his overall is now 81

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:29am (PST)
Despite not having the game, I would've loved to get on to producing an introductory post for when I get the game tomorrow. Really could do with a separate thread!! Rune Ripper

Author:   sameenbot2997
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:32am (PST)
Im Getting Fifa 13 tommorow! Im gonna start as Wolves

Author:   LegendOfNufc
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 8:47am (PST)
quote sameenbot2997
Im Getting Fifa 13 tommorow! Im gonna start as Wolves
Kk, cool, you have already told us

I feel the growth is slightly too fast, Zouma is an 82 halfway through my second season.

Author:   AliB23
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:23am (PST)
I play on World Class difficulty. There were some crazy results in my first season. I somehow destroyed Newcastle 9-2 but the very next game Everton beat me 4-2.

So I am at the start of my second season now with Manchester United. Real Madrid offered £41.5 million for Wayne Rooney so I counter-offered with £52 million thinking that would be too much to ask. They actually accepted it and I no longer have Rooney. RVP is injured for around three months so I knew I definitely needed another striker.

With around £80 million to spend I bought Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba, Fellaini, Ben Arfa and Karim Benzema. Looking forward to seeing how they all play.

Author:   Rune Ripper
Date:   Sep 27, 12 at 10:49am (PST)
So in an effort to make some positive changes myself and AliB110 have set up these guidelines:

Forum Guidelines - Career Mode Discussion

There are a few guidelines that should be noted concerning the Career Mode Discussion threads.

- Post your updates here. This thread is not for them.

- Our aim is to make posting here an enjoyable and pleasant experience for all users and the standard of posts in this forum is something that we are looking to address, particularly in the Career Mode Discussion threads.

- One sentence replies that add no discussion value to the thread are not something that we are looking to see. Posts that are well structured and easy on the eye are what we are trying to attain.

- This thread is an overview of what we are aiming to achieve in terms of post quality. All member's are advised to look at this thread before posting so that you know how to maintain a respectable posting standard in this forum.
We also thought to have a thread titled Career Mode Updates as well as this one here, Career Mode Discussion. The former would be strictly for updates and posts regarding those updates, as well as stories. We'd ask that if you make a story, try and stick to it. If you stop working on it for whatever reason don't then start one up again a few days later. The latter will be for discussion about the mode in general that doesn't relate to other people's games, things like player prices, the scouting, who to buy and who to avoid, who to manage and so on. Hopefully these are welcomed changes, and we'll be keeping a constant eye on both threads to make sure the quality we're aiming for doesn't slip.

Thoughts regarding this are much appreciated in the RFS.

This message was edited on 2012-09-27T12:27:56-07:00.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.