Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Career Mode Discussion - I - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1762780-career-mode-discussion/

Author:   LegendOfNufc
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 2:13pm (PST)
Subject:   Career Mode Discussion - I
-------------------------------------------
quote Rune Ripper & AliB110
Forum Guidelines - Career Mode Discussion

There are a few guidelines that should be noted concerning the Career Mode Discussion threads.

- Post your updates here. This thread is not for them.

- Our aim is to make posting here an enjoyable and pleasant experience for all users and the standard of posts in this forum is something that we are looking to address, particularly in the Career Mode Discussion threads.

- One sentence replies that add no discussion value to the thread are not something that we are looking to see. Posts that are well structured and easy on the eye are what we are trying to attain.

- Constructive criticism of updates is very welcome however blatant abuse is breaking the rules and will not be tolerated.

- This thread is an overview of what we are aiming to achieve in terms of post quality. All member's are advised to look at this thread before posting so that you know how to maintain a respectable posting standard in this forum.

Now that quite a few of us have got the season ticket (I got it an hour ago). We can now start discussing our Career Modes. I know lloyd and standrfc have it downloaded now.

I have started as Newcastle and I have brought in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for 8.5m (bargain!), Grant Holt for 2m, Theirry Henry for 3m and I am in the process of buying Kurt Zouma. Won all my friendlys, beat Monchengladbach 5-1, Genoa 3-0 and Real Sociadad 1-0. Now have Tottenham. This is a massive improvement on Fifa 12's career mode aswell, a massive improvement indeed...

Now fire out your entertaining Career Mode stories...

This message was edited by Rune Ripper(264961) on 2012-09-27T12:28:13-07:00.

Author:   lloyd
Date:   Sep 22, 12 at 2:15pm (PST)
Subject:   re: Career Mode Discussion - I
Started as Chelsea, they are amazing on this fifa.

Struggling to find any weak areas, so I have singed Kurt Zouma for 2m + Benayon.

I have just won the community shield against City. Won 1-0 with a typical Sturridge goal.

Author:   stanDRFC
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:01am (PST)
mine hasnt downloaded yet . anyone know Man City's budget as i may start as them, looking to bring in Neymar, Lucas or Ganso. I might also look to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain as you can get him for 8m.

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 1:40am (PST)
standrfc City get about 80m. But a lot of the players are quite cheap on this. I picked up Zouma for 2.1m + Mike Williamson.

Author:   AliB23
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 3:06am (PST)
Started as Manchester United. I decided to bring in a right-back and a defensive midfielder so I brought in Abate from AC and Tiote from Newcastle. One thing I have noticed is that I got many more offers for my players than I did in FIFA 12. There was a new offer for a different player every three or four days.

I also like how they have continued on from last year's game regarding the real-life fixtures. I simmed my friendlies and my first game of the season was against Southampton as that game had been rescheduled. I drew that game 3-3. Then came Everton at Goodison Park. They scored after four minutes but I equalized a few minutes later. That's the way it stayed and it finished 1-1. The last game I played last night was Fulham at home. I was determined to win and keep a clean sheet after the wobbly start. I won 2-0 although both goals were quite lucky and Fulham missed some good chances.

There are quite a few small additions that I find pleasing. Van Persie is my top goalscorer with four goals and at one point, the camera zoomed in on him and the bar came along the bottom of the screen illustrating he was the top goalscorer. Really small thing but a nice touch I thought. Also the draws for the cups are voiced now so you can hear who you have been drawn against without having to go looking at the fixtures. Again small things but a nice addition.

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 4:06am (PST)
I have got to the start of October now, I have had a good start to the season tbh.

League

Newcastle 1-0 Tottenham

Played well, Santon scored a great goal for me.

Chelsea 3-3 Newcastle

I thought I was going to get battered to be honest, I took a 2-0 lead through Theirry Henry and Ben Arfa, they pulled it back to 2-2 with Mikel and Ramires, I went back infront with Zouma, and they equalised again with Mata.

Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa

Tiote scored a header in the 89th minute, we still played well though.

Newcastle 3-1 Norwich

Quick simmed this match.

Everton 2-1 Newcastle

First loss, Mirallas scored 2 unbelieveble goals, Krul scored a header in stoppage time.

Newcastle 0-0 Man United

Defended well but didn't perform on the attacking ends.

League Cup

West Ham 1-4 Newcastle

Best performance of the season so far, we were amazing.

Europa League

Newcastle 3-0 FC Twente

Played extremely well here.

Sligo Rovers 2-2 Newcastle

Raged at my team... they actually played better then us.

Author:   cookiethief1998
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:29am (PST)
ive been gone from this a long time but am getting fifa 13 friday:D any suggetsions for a very good team with nice budget?

quote stanDRFC
mine hasnt downloaded yet . anyone know Man City's budget as i may start as them, looking to bring in Neymar, Lucas or Ganso. I might also look to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain as you can get him for 8m.
man city have 83 million punds

This message was merged with other messages by AliB110 (moderator)

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:43am (PST)
quote cookiethief1998
ive been gone from this a long time but am getting fifa 13 friday:D any suggetsions for a very good team with nice budget?
Wolves get 7m in the Championship which is the highest in their league

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:55am (PST)
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
nice ill consider it...wat about in the premier league?

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:56am (PST)
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
Tottenham have around 18m and Newcastle get 13.5m

If you want a challenge I would go with Reading, their squad is shocking and they don't get much money at all.

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 5:59am (PST)
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998

If you want a challenge I would go with Reading, their squad is shocking and they don't get much money at all.
thanks and wouldyou know how much mario gotze costs?

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 6:01am (PST)
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998

Nah, sorry. Neymar is quite cheap compared to last year though.

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 6:02am (PST)
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998
quote LegendOfNufc
quote cookiethief1998

Nah, sorry. Neymar is quite cheap compared to last year though.
thanks im gonna start as arsenal

Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 6:07am (PST)
can anyone tell me how much mario gotze costs in fifa 13 career mode?

Author:   stanDRFC
Date:   Sep 23, 12 at 7:13am (PST)
ive started as Man C but ive considered starting again. i bought Neymar for £15m + dzeko.

if i do start again i'll chose either Arsenal or Liverpool

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.