Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: FIFA 13 Demo - page 11

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1759351-fifa-13-demo/11.htm

Author:   Deano
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 3:27pm (PST)
Subject:   re: FIFA 13 Demo
-------------------------------------------
quote DjedwardSmith
First impressions with no settings changed.

Meh.
Agreed. Meh.

Author:   Pompey Fan
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 4:05pm (PST)
Absolutely love the demo, buzzing for the game. Passing, shooting and movement has improved a hell of a lot - much to my linking.

Well done EA.

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 5:15pm (PST)

Passing, movement and shooting has all stayed the same.. Maybe some stances and actions have been added but the core of them hasn't changed one bit.

Author:   pestar93820
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
It has. Passing has been made slower and you have to put more emphasis on powering it right.

Shooting has been given a lot more power whereas finesse shots have been bummed tbh.

Pace isn't such a problem anymore either, even with VP-fast players like Walcott and Giovinco it's difficult to straight out pace your defender.

Don't just contradict what PF says just cos it's PF.

Author:   JonesLFC
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 5:38pm (PST)
tbh there are some changes, but personally i don't think shooting and passing have changed

i noticed one or two different situations for their goalkeeper after some unusual shots from me, but i dont think the mechanics have changed one bit. Especially compared to how they usually change each year

Author:   scolsey_22
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 6:22pm (PST)
quote JonesLFC
- just like adidas live season, i quite like this matchday thing. Thinking about getting it depending on prices obviously. Had the free season few years back and enjoyed it. Keeps things realistic and adds variety too instead of teams being the same all the time throughout the entire season. And i like the addition of real life stats such as top goal scorers for each team, a team's position in their league etc, quite cool.
Im like 90% sure the new 'matchday' feature with the live updates is part of the new game and not an additional paid add on, i may be wrong but im sure i read its part of the game and free, which also i think is *bleep*ing fantastic i love this new feature especially the form-stat updates

Author:   Pro King
Date:   Sep 12, 12 at 11:26pm (PST)
quote PEStar
It has. Passing has been made slower and you have to put more emphasis on powering it right.

Shooting has been given a lot more power whereas finesse shots have been bummed tbh.

Pace isn't such a problem anymore either, even with VP-fast players like Walcott and Giovinco it's difficult to straight out pace your defender.

Don't just contradict what PF says just cos it's PF.

Lol, I'm contradicting what he is saying because nothing has changed.. Passing only feels like it has been changed because they've introduced this new 'first touch' feature which makes you play more delicate and timed passes but in actual fact it feels and probably is just the same as last year.

I'll ask you next time when I can contradict people or simply disagree with them, okay? Seeing as it's clearly something which winds you up so much.

Author:   graeme_pavlovic
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 1:00am (PST)
Really enjoying the demo of i'm honest. The skill games are class and will be a worthwhile addition although I was playing them for like 10mins before going into the game

I was reading about the new head to head seasons and it sounds good. Anyone know when it mentions it's added co-op play this year, will that be online co-op or just like if you have a mate round at your house you both can play in the same team?

Author:   MisterZany
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 2:34am (PST)
Slide tackles feel different to 12 and it's really enjoyable tbh.

Author:   D4N
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 3:24am (PST)
I know this is'nt relevant but as a die hard liverpool fan, out of respect to the 96 kopites that lost their lives at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989 i have had to post this message on this thread. You'll never walk alone and will never be forgotten! #JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Author:   DjedwardSmith
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 3:31am (PST)
Ermmmm ok.

Moving on, Dzeko is great from distance and Giroud\Podolski are epic. Headers ae a bit too easy though

Author:   Whelan
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 3:36am (PST)
Was enjoying the demo yesterday but today I'm disliking it what the hell.

Ah well, time for F1 2012 demo i guess

Author:   Guugley
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 4:00am (PST)
quote DjedwardSmith
Ermmmm ok.

Moving on, Dzeko is great from distance and Giroud\Podolski are epic. Headers ae a bit too easy though
Haven't scored a quality header yet, only 1 or 2 alright ones. Giroud and Podolski always score headers against me.

Oh and for anybody who goes to penalties, I find going right all of the time as the keeper is the best way about it, the AI seem to go there more often than anywhere else.

Author:   Deakin69
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 5:14am (PST)
My first impression is that the game is ok but I am preferring the PES demo, for the first time in years I might add.

I know fifa will grow on me a bit over time because atm I am not that used to it having not played fifa for a few months. I generally prefer the way PES plays and always thought that I would prefer it again if they ever made a decent one which 2013 seems to be for me atleast.

Fifa does not seem hugely different, I will probably get both games though because I can enjoy both and fifa will grow on me, its just I am used to pes currently.

Author:   pestar93820
Date:   Sep 13, 12 at 5:21am (PST)
Even though I've championed the PES demo, I do prefer the FIFA demo. I dunno why. No matter how much PES has changed, I do think FIFA is somehow better. I really enjoy it, it seems to have a lot going for it. We'll have to wait and see what online is like though.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.