Neoseeker.com Forum Thread: Tactical Defending - page 1

reprinted from http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/
original thread: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/57790/t1746142-tactical-defending/

Author:   D3structor
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 8:35am (PST)
Subject:   Tactical Defending
-------------------------------------------
Is this still in the game? I hope not. really buggered up with my game in FIFA 12.

they need to do something effective with the defensive.

Author:   KillaAshley
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 9:33am (PST)
Subject:   re: Tactical Defending
I like tactical defending and dont see why they would take it out. It takes skill to defend, and take a long time to learn. I like it

Author:   Wilbz
Date:   Jul 16, 12 at 11:02am (PST)
They aren't going to take it out and they shouldn't. Way better than the old system of just holding X. If you learn how to defend it's really easy.

Author:   Subzer0
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 3:19pm (PST)
I actually liked tactical defending. I hope they don't take it out. It could however use a few improvements though.

Author:   Steve88
Date:   Jul 20, 12 at 5:28pm (PST)
I hope they massively improve it or scrap it all together, it's not going to happen though. I didn't find defending that much of a problem but I found it almost impossible to get the ball back in any other area of the pitch eventually I got fed up of watching the opposition pass the ball around for 10 minutes. I persevered with it for a couple of months then decided to switch back to legacy defending and only play career mode.

I also think there should be two separate online modes on this years game one for Legacy defending and another for Tactical defending it's unfair to exclude people who prefer to play the old way at the end of the day everyone paid for the game and should be able to play how they want.

Also the suggestion that just holding X is all you have to do in the old defensive system is bullshit, if you tried doing that online you'd get raped every match.

Author:   Guugley
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 3:37am (PST)
It's terrible, it makes the game SO defensive and SO boring. "It takes skill to defend" - no, it doesn't. All you have to do is hold RB so that an AI player is tracking the man with the ball whilst you move the player that you're in control of ahead of them so that you're blocking any potential runs or passes.

Author:   sUpErGiNi77
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 4:03am (PST)
It's actually ok. It can be improved but it does add a slight realism to the game, and I don't like playing extremely unrealistic football games.

Author:   Deakin69
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 8:05am (PST)
They should keep it in. Where is the skill in just holding x to tackle?

The defending may be better tweaked ever so slightly. In almost all football games before Fifa 12 I could do a season conceding a very low amount of goals, now it is much more difficult. Sometimes it does feel scripted that you will concede, which I don't like. But overall the tactical defending should remain with some minor tweaking hopefully.

Author:   ArsenalNo1Fan
Date:   Jul 21, 12 at 10:38am (PST)
They just need to sort the overpowered jockeying out

Author:   Jord22
Date:   Jul 26, 12 at 6:12pm (PST)
It's realistic and everything, but...

It's made everything so boring. For a few years Fifa's been heading that way and while there was the occasional mental game of five or six goals (which was purely because someone forgot how to defend), scoreline's were getting lower and lower.

As ridiculous as they might have been I miss the days where matches could easily be something like 6-3.

Author:   Scottyefc
Date:   Jul 28, 12 at 4:06pm (PST)
Improve it but don't get rid of it. Yeah it can be frustrating at times but Legacy defending is far, far too easy.

Author:   Scott
Date:   Jul 29, 12 at 5:30pm (PST)
at the start of the game i hated it, but now i've played fifa 12 that much that i'm used too it so i wouldn't be bothered if it is kept in the game. my only suggestion would be that they tone down the ai. they are so difficult to break down.

Author:   Chelsea Mint FC
Date:   Jul 30, 12 at 9:03am (PST)
I like it how it offers something more individual based defending decisions. You can be a much more conservative style defender, or a very hands on rushing with other players style defending on something in between. Something Legacy restricted you to. The jockey system is very overpowered, but apparently they fixed it in Euro 2012 which is positive.

I don't think it's boring, I think it's made the game more interesting and challenging and skill based.

Author:   alexander scibilia
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 7:45am (PST)
Subject:   re: Tactical Defending legacy defending
legacy defending is pretty much the same as tactical because you can press R2 and it will jockey itself. so you dont have to jockey every time. so they should put legacy in online

Author:   Goonjimbo
Date:   Oct 12, 12 at 8:43am (PST)
quote Steve88
Also the suggestion that just holding X is all you have to do in the old defensive system is bullshit, if you tried doing that online you'd get raped every match.
Very very true. People that just assume that that's how Legacy defending works are thick.

I still use Legacy Defending as it still enables me to position my defenders how I want them and helps me win the ball back quickly.

Copyright Neo Era Media, Inc. 1999-2014.
All Rights Reserved.